Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need psychological consultation - AM fraud

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I feel like a fraud. (Top 10 alliance)

I take on prowl, ratchet, jetfire, ironhide, soundwave, mix, dinobot, and some percentage of galvatron.

I did some other lanes with alts. And some of the lanes are much harder....(Tantrum and ultramagus owned me still have no idea how to do that lane)

I feel like a fraud picking out the easiest bots to fight against. The scores in AM can be deceiving. Some bots are so hard they are worth triple some other bot points.

Any opinions? (Personally I feel like I should 100-0 galvatron to justify my easy lanes)

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Git gud, feel better
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited August 2019
    Some lanes you find easy may be hard for others, but hey, this gives you the chance to try other lanes and practice on those ones. Give 1.2 a shot if a teammate needs help on that, or fight bots your not comfortable with.

Try to get outta your comfort zone.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    that1guy wrote: »
    Some lanes you find easy may be hard for others, but hey, this gives you the chance to try other lanes and practice on those ones. Give 1.2 a shot if a teammate needs help on that, or fight bots your not comfortable with.

Thanks man for some comforting words. That’s right, it gives me chance to run alts on harder lanes while reaping rewards on my comfortable lanes :wink:
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    小龙女 wrote: »

I take on prowl, ratchet, jetfire, ironhide, soundwave, mix, dinobot, and some percentage of galvatron.

I did some other lanes with alts. And some of the lanes are much harder....(Tantrum and ultramagus owned me still have no idea how to do that lane)

I feel like a fraud picking out the easiest bots to fight against. The scores in AM can be deceiving. Some bots are so hard they are worth triple some other bot points.

Any opinions? (Personally I feel like I should 100-0 galvatron to justify my easy lanes)

When I'm doing am I always do what is left for the simple reason I dont get comfortable. Prowl can be really hard sometimes, all bots can especially in the top 10 bro. Take ur lanes with a grain of salt, top 10 is top 10!
    Manthro wrote: »
    Git gud, feel better

Hi, I'm roc. I sux lol
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    when starting out the fight against Tantrum and UM, don't be afraid to use the range to get yourself into a rhythm. They're at 100% health, they can't heal any more.
    edited August 2019
    Voltron wrote: »
    when starting out the fight against Tantrum and UM, don't be afraid to use the range to get yourself into a rhythm. They're at 100% health, they can't heal any more.

Yeah man room 1 for me that is hardest path. Great idea, it gives time to position correctly at start of fight
    Rocsolid wrote: »

When I'm doing am I always do what is left for the simple reason I dont get comfortable. Prowl can be really hard sometimes, all bots can especially in the top 10 bro. Take ur lanes with a grain of salt, top 10 is top 10!

Yeah one reason I play AM with alt is to prove i am not fraud and all lanes are as hard as the others :wink:
    that1guy wrote: »

Thanks man for some comforting words. That’s right, it gives me chance to run alts on harder lanes while reaping rewards on my comfortable lanes :wink:

I would suggest trying those lanes on your main, rather than alt as it really pushes your limits to see what you're capable of.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

this is terrible, terrible advice. Sure they don't heal, but it sets up bad habits and they also don't take the hit, so can charge straight through projectiles.

As for AM lanes, I do Tantrum, UM, sometimes MM, sometimes OGM, Hound, Blaster, sometimes Scream, Shockwave rarely, Mix and Dinobot and some of Galvatron. We share quite well I feel in our group.

Hound and Blaster are no joke - there are no bots that can make that lane easy, same with 2.1, but some lanes become easier or harder depending on your team. Jetfire isn't easy I don't think (at high levels especially) and Dinobot can be tricky as you absolutely can't risk hitting his block at low hp.
    DaveJL wrote: »

this is terrible, terrible advice. Sure they don't heal, but it sets up bad habits and they also don't take the hit, so can charge straight through projectiles.

As for AM lanes, I do Tantrum, UM, sometimes MM, sometimes OGM, Hound, Blaster, sometimes Scream, Shockwave rarely, Mix and Dinobot and some of Galvatron. We share quite well I feel in our group.

Hound and Blaster are no joke - there are no bots that can make that lane easy, same with 2.1, but some lanes become easier or harder depending on your team. Jetfire isn't easy I don't think (at high levels especially) and Dinobot can be tricky as you absolutely can't risk hitting his block at low hp.

how is firing two ranges to get you the first combo setting a bad habit? lol. talk about assuming the extreme end of things.

how is firing two ranges to get you the first combo setting a bad habit? lol. talk about assuming the extreme end of things.

how does it set up a combo? The ranged shots don't affect them, so if they dash through that and they get you, you're dead. At least at high level AM, you're dead. You don't want to be firing ranged shots on that lane at all.
    Its a bad habit as the AI often will charge at you just as you fire off range shots, opening you to get hit. In high difficulty, you don't want to leave things up to chance with how the AI behaves.
    dunno about that. I think it's Tantrum and UM's AI pattern to charge regardless if you're standing or shooting the range. If you're opening yourself up to hits from firing the range, you're alignment skills needs work..this is not an AM path 1.2 issue. It's not hard to understand why I suggested to use the range right at the start..you all are taking to the extreme even though I clearly used keywords...though one of the reasons does have something to with habits for people that are learning this path. I'm moving on.
    dunno about that. I think it's Tantrum and UM's AI pattern to charge regardless if you're standing or shooting the range. If you're opening yourself up to hits from firing the range, you're alignment skills needs work..this is not an AM path 1.2 issue. It's not hard to understand why I suggested to use the range right at the start..you all are taking to the extreme even though I clearly used keywords...though one of the reasons does have something to with habits for people that are learning this path. I'm moving on.

What level AM do you play?

I was waiting for you to ask this question. in about 3-4 post which is about right. lol

I was waiting for you to ask this question. in about 3-4 post which is about right. lol

yet you didn't answer. We place 4th and we've played 140, so if we follow your advice it's death.

yet you didn't answer. We place 4th and we've played 140, so if we follow your advice it's death.

that's right I didn't answer and that's great you placed 4th! B)

how does it set up a combo? The ranged shots don't affect them, so if they dash through that and they get you, you're dead. At least at high level AM, you're dead. You don't want to be firing ranged shots on that lane at all.

It actually does. I do it all the time when facing mega mini. It causes the other bot to be aggressive more often then not. However, I backup, dodge, shoot, dodge and shoot again so that I'm not standing there with a bullseye. This strat is for reg bots, not tronus lol.
    edited August 2019
    I tried with 3 alts on tantrum and ultramagnus lane at D140 and all 3 alts died on that lane, anybody has tutorial video? Teach us noobs how to fight that

I tried to align both myself and tantrum on the edge of battlefield, so I can run around and wait for side stepping. But sometimes that positioning could be really hard to maintain @DaveJL
    I tried with 3 alts on tantrum and ultramagnus lane at D140 and all 3 alts died on that lane, anybody has tutorial video? Teach us noobs how to fight that

Tronus I believe is the best bet for that. I took um once with arcee there, but I'm pretty sure it was just a really good fight. Lol.
    edited August 2019

Tronus I believe is the best bet for that. I took um once with arcee there, but I'm pretty sure it was just a really good fight. Lol.

so with tronus, at D140, if u eat a full combo of ultramagnus, do u die? Or u can heal up? @DaveJL

so with tronus, at D140, if u eat a full combo of ultramagnus, do u die? Or u can heal up?

I dont have tronus lol. Just what I've heard, but I've seen some take a combo. I think it matters on where the damage stops after proly the second hit
    edited August 2019

so with tronus, at D140, if u eat a full combo of ultramagnus, do u die? Or u can heal up?

I dont have tronus lol. Just what I've heard, but I've seen some take a combo. I think it matters on where the damage stops after proly the second hit

Actually I remembered, even with my none tronus bots, D140 tantrum and ultramagnus won’t kill your bot with full combo, u will be really low. So tronus with shield is massively better (and defence relic if u are lucky)
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

I have to agree with others as this is not a good strategy on 1.2. This is not about what level you play or just to debate with you. Two ranges doesn’t setup anything as the ranges don’t affect them. It’s like firing into unstoppable. You can successfully land two ranges and dash in, the AI can still sidestep/counter or fire back.

The only time to really use range vs Tantrum is to knock him out of his block so he doesn’t get unstoppable. Otherwise, it’s not generally a good idea.
    I heal up with tronus. I use OG Megs on Tantrum to steal his buffs and keep him away from frenzy. For UM I use Tronus and just play slow. I try and just dash in and hit his block and launch a heavy. I also bait his sp1 as I find dashing in after an sp2 misses most of the time.
    Jetfire works quite well against UM as he shoots a lot, so you can reflect his ranged shots and set up attacks that way, and you can heal up too if it goes wrong.

It would be great if you have a video to showcase what you mean. Just curious to see your tactic in action, and it would help benefit this discussion.
    edited August 2019
    I heal up with tronus. I use OG Megs on Tantrum to steal his buffs and keep him away from frenzy. For UM I use Tronus and just play slow. I try and just dash in and hit his block and launch a heavy. I also bait his sp1 as I find dashing in after an sp2 misses most of the time.
    Jetfire works quite well against UM as he shoots a lot, so you can reflect his ranged shots and set up attacks that way, and you can heal up too if it goes wrong.

Damn didn’t think of the buff steal, thanks! Without projectile obsorb tantrum is useless.

I tried again ultramagnus is not that bad, just need insane amount of patience. Took me 7 minutes to kill him. Could actually buff steal ultramagnus as well

With tronus u can run around power gain and sp2 or sp3 dark burn

I am amazed with people that does both without buff steal :smile:
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    From my experience what you need for 1.2 is class advantages, definitely a demo for magnus. He just dances around and blocks and shoots. If you don't have a ranged heavy, preferably a demo, you can be in trouble. Its a good idea to double up on that lane too. There are plenty of traps and difficult bots on the map but if you don't have a solid plan for 1.2 you can get messed up.

Damn didn’t think of the buff steal, thanks! Without projectile obsorb tantrum is useless.

I tried again ultramagnus is not that bad, just need insane amount of patience. Took me 7 minutes to kill him. Could actually buff steal ultramagnus as well

With tronus u can run around power gain and sp2 or sp3 dark burn

I am amazed with people that does both without buff steal :smile:

you can't steal the projectile absorb, but megatron can sure kill tantrum really quick