Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who is your favorite version of Megatron?

I know i made a thread similar but with a different character. So I apologize for being hostile and rude on the other thread.But for the question, out of all the megatron's of the TF franchise, which version is your favorite? (Galvatron is a different version of Megatron, so he counts)

Who is your favorite version of Megatron? 43 votes

G1 megatron
48%
TsunamiBeastdadDrShotgunBazzatron1979Barricade1776JmdMr_WonderfulBntyhntr3232_Red_EyesJIMMY_SABStarkiller7Crossidesd0gPiLeTechnobotArnold_Palmer795Sycko5KittenNorthernLightRCiiDyingLightDarioCld 21 votes
Beast Wars megatron (Specify body)
13%
AnnatarGunz0SkBirdmanButtehrsScarredArachnid333TripHazard1000 6 votes
RID 2000 Megatron
0%
Armada Megatron
4%
Tracked_SignalDarkMatrix 2 votes
Bay Megatron
6%
M00NIgoranArtem_Gamer 3 votes
Cybertron Megatron
0%
Animated Megatron
4%
Hijacker2531Primerprime5 2 votes
TFP Megatron
18%
Austin5555551121893Monrogue_xOptimalOptimus_MV1mac10smg_ToaOfGreenDecimus234BuildXDGabrielStark10 8 votes
Cyberverse Megatron
0%
Galvatron( Specify which one)
2%
Down_Under 1 vote

Comments

• TFP Megatron
    For me, i would say Tfp megatron for me( i am not saying i ONLY like tfp, mind you, as i do love other. TF shows) Because i think he's a great blend between G1 megs and Bay megs. If it isn't TFP megatron for me, i would have said either Animated or Cybertron megs.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    IDW MEGATRON
    7dgbpa1gxlxw.png

Because he has character and a well developed story and motivation, I wuv him 😘
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    ezrrunjdyvi1.jpg

tklhjhwyropx.gif
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    G1 megatron
    G1 all day because it best illustrated his Gladiator origins. This artwork is awesome as well. Love the detail on his chest.

p1foglt1l9y1.jpeg
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019
    TFP Megatron
    oxinkp7pzyp0.png
    I'll describe some other things i also like about this megatron. I like the fact his alt form is from cybertron, NOT from Earth. I also think he's a really good tactician/leader. Brutal perhaps, but not reckless or mindless (Mostly). This megatron is the spitting image of what megs should be. G1 had a brilliant Megatron, but i felt he was a bit too cowardly, and that trait should really belong to Screamer only. Bay megatron was decent and actually threatening in the first film, but you know bay and megs became weaker over the films. As i said before, i believe TFP Megatron gets traits from the G1 megs, and the bay megs from the first movie, and this makes him a GOOD megatron figure.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    @ScarredArachnid333
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    One common misconception is that Megatron and the Predacons are the villains, and that the Maximals are the heroes; while in actuality, Megatron is the main hero of the story.

Let me explain the history of Cybertron after the Great War. After The Autobots won due to their overwhelming forces and support from other planets, the Decepticons had no choice other than retreating and living in fear and hiding from the new Autobot government. Their descendants, the Predacons are treated no more than second-class citezens, while the Maximals, the descendants of the Autobots live in wealth and prosperity, gaining more privileges just because they were the children of the War winners. Multiple Predacons were beaten up, mistreated by society only because they were forged/cold constructed as Cons. To make matters worse, the Cybertronian society was being secretly controlled by the Cabal/The Illuminati/The Lizard People of the planet, the so-called “Tripedacus Council” was manipulating Maximal government from the start, dividing their own race of people just for the sake of ensuring their special Maximal privileges. Unbeknownst to them, Megatron (who had somehow been re-transformed from Galvatron) had put a hidden message in the Golden Disk, hoping some day, a hero shall rise to put an end to the oppressive government.

One fateful day, an oppressed Predacon named Gnashteeth discovered the information stored in the Golden Disk. He and many other Predacons had traveled back in time in order to save Cybertron from the cultural divide created by the evil men. The Cybertronian government is in full damage control, using everything they could to sabotage their plans, even labeling said Predacons as “criminals”. A Maximal Crew consisting of Government shills lead by Optimus Primal, an antichrist who was named after the War Criminal Optimus Prime AND a spy by the name of Tarantulas were sent to chase after the
    Despite the overwhelming power of the Maximals, Megatron had managed to defeat most of them using his wits. Although many sacrifices had to be made in order to win and make Cybertron great again, Megatron still managed to remain noble and wise thorough the Beast Wars.

And he finally...won. In order to save Cybertron, he had to become one with Cybertron itself, he had to create a giant hivemind system until a perfect solution to get rid of Maximal impurities is discovered. However, that evil monster Optimus Primal managed to cheat in his final battle with Megatron in order to get rid of his perfect, protective hivemind system, destroying him forever and turning Cybertron into an organic, furry hellhole.

This is a tragic tale of a hero who lost to fate, but his ideology, his bravery shall not be lost. Help me spread the word, Megatron did nothing wrong.

What made me like this Megatron over the others are his morally righteousness and cunning, calculating personality. He’s willing to do anything, even sacrificing his teammates (who would gladly die for him if necessary) for the greater good. He is the Funny Valentine of Transformers, a noble hero who were misunderstood by many, losing to fate and their series’ antagonists.

This Megatron acts as a foil to Optimus Primal, the main antagonist. His wits are the opposite to Primal’s massive strength and small brains, his somewhat anarchist views are opposed to Primal being a Government agent. Hell, even his alt-mode being a T-Rex as opposed to Primal’s gorilla form is a reference to Godzilla (the better kaiju) vs King Kong.

#MegatronDidNothingWrong

Haven’t finished watching Beast Wars yet LoL
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    TFP Megatron
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    One common misconception is that Megatron and the Predacons are the villains, and that the Maximals are the heroes; while in actuality, Megatron is the main hero of the story.

Let me explain the history of Cybertron after the Great War. After The Autobots won due to their overwhelming forces and support from other planets, the Decepticons had no choice other than retreating and living in fear and hiding from the new Autobot government. Their descendants, the Predacons are treated no more than second-class citezens, while the Maximals, the descendants of the Autobots live in wealth and prosperity, gaining more privileges just because they were the children of the War winners. Multiple Predacons were beaten up, mistreated by society only because they were forged/cold constructed as Cons. To make matters worse, the Cybertronian society was being secretly controlled by the Cabal/The Illuminati/The Lizard People of the planet, the so-called “Tripedacus Council” was manipulating Maximal government from the start, dividing their own race of people just for the sake of ensuring their special Maximal privileges. Unbeknownst to them, Megatron (who had somehow been re-transformed from Galvatron) had put a hidden message in the Golden Disk, hoping some day, a hero shall rise to put an end to the oppressive government.

One fateful day, an oppressed Predacon named Gnashteeth discovered the information stored in the Golden Disk. He and many other Predacons had traveled back in time in order to save Cybertron from the cultural divide created by the evil men. The Cybertronian government is in full damage control, using everything they could to sabotage their plans, even labeling said Predacons as “criminals”. A Maximal Crew consisting of Government shills lead by Optimus Primal, an antichrist who was named after the War Criminal Optimus Prime AND a spy by the name of Tarantulas were sent to chase after the
    Despite the overwhelming power of the Maximals, Megatron had managed to defeat most of them using his wits. Although many sacrifices had to be made in order to win and make Cybertron great again, Megatron still managed to remain noble and wise thorough the Beast Wars.

And he finally...won. In order to save Cybertron, he had to become one with Cybertron itself, he had to create a giant hivemind system until a perfect solution to get rid of Maximal impurities is discovered. However, that evil monster Optimus Primal managed to cheat in his final battle with Megatron in order to get rid of his perfect, protective hivemind system, destroying him forever and turning Cybertron into an organic, furry hellhole.

This is a tragic tale of a hero who lost to fate, but his ideology, his bravery shall not be lost. Help me spread the word, Megatron did nothing wrong.

What made me like this Megatron over the others are his morally righteousness and cunning, calculating personality. He’s willing to do anything, even sacrificing his teammates (who would gladly die for him if necessary) for the greater good. He is the Funny Valentine of Transformers, a noble hero who were misunderstood by many, losing to fate and their series’ antagonists.

This Megatron acts as a foil to Optimus Primal, the main antagonist. His wits are the opposite to Primal’s massive strength and small brains, his somewhat anarchist views are opposed to Primal being a Government agent. Hell, even his alt-mode being a T-Rex as opposed to Primal’s gorilla form is a reference to Godzilla (the better kaiju) vs King Kong.

#MegatronDidNothingWrong

Haven’t finished watching Beast Wars yet LoL

Actually their alt modes bear more resemblance to the scene in peter Jackson’s King Kong. Where Kong was fighting three tyrannosaurus at once, spoiler alert, he killed them. ALL of them.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited August 2019
    Animated Megatron
    This Megatron's first appearance terrified younger me, and he's actually one of the smarter and more straightforward Megatrons. He might also be the first Megatron to actually GET RID OF STARSCREAM(take notes everyone!)

Even his voice actor brought a new feel to this character, making him feel like a genuine threat and bringing an end to the screechy-voiced "Decepticons, retreat!".

The stark difference between this Megatron and his predecessors also greatly attracted my attention. From the standard P-38/ tank, we saw a sudden shift to a dual-rotor chopper(which fits Megatron surprisingly well). Unlike most Megatrons, he has a near-loyal group of Decepticons, implying that he was really respected by his kind(except Starscream, but that doesn't count, Starscream's just being Starscream).
    Also, this was the first time we'd seen Megatron use a sword as his main weapon(or maybe he did in Armada or RiD, idk), which was a great departure from his mace-swinging antics.

His cold remorseless speeches, eerily calm demeanor and memorable (although slightly cliché) one-liners also stuck out from the stereotypically- dull Megatron one-liners.

Overall, I'd say that Animated Megs is my favourite just because of how different he is, and how that difference made such a lasting impact on future Megatrons.

P.S Man, that Fusion Cannon's first appearance was just bada$$, never thought I'd be so impressed by the Fusion Cannon.
  • G1 megatron
    3e6msj496bod.jpg
  • TFP Megatron
    He’s the best Megatron.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    G1 megatron
    G1 Megatron, in particular IDWs version. The Megatron of the cartoon and the comics was good as well, both in their own ways. Cartoon Megs was a ludicrous, campy villain, perfect for that show. Comics Megatron, in particular over in the UK, was a bit more threatening and got to be a part of great stories, like Target:2006 and Time Wars.

But IDW Megatron is the character at his best. Initially, he was just a new take on the classic cartoon/comic villain, blending them together and serving as a threatening villain. The -ations comics portray a brutal leader who tears through all opposition, only Prime stands a chance at beating him, and even then it’s often a toss-up, and All Hail Megatron continues those ideas while giving him some new concepts, such as his relationship to Starscream, and his discovery that his 4 million year war, his galactic conquest, was doomed to end in a hollow victory. For a time, he won the war. But aside from slaughtering weaker life forms, nothing came of it. Instead he was beaten to near death, his army pushed out into space and reduced to a pack of weak cannibals. Finally, after just three years, three brief years, Soundwave and Shockwave bring him back, and he sees his second in command has botched his life’s work, and that his empire has been brought to its knees. He’s given a new purpose, and launches an attack on Earth, and later Cybertron. Both see some level of success, but he’s still defeated both times over. After Earth, we reach Chaos, and after Cybertron we reach Dark Cybertron.

Chaos has Megatron imprisoned and finally gives us an in depth look at his past(I know Megatron Origin did too, but that’s a pretty rushed comic that wouldn’t have been nearly as worthwhile without later stories) his motivations, and his life with Optimus. We get a true sense of history between them, something no other version of either character has done as well. Chaos ends, the story goes to Cybertron, Megatron gets in another villainous assault on the Autobots, and we’re brought to Dark Cybertron. Megatron returns and allies with Bumblebees Autobots and Soundwaves Decepticons to fight back against Shockwave, who has reached the point of becoming more of an existential threat than just another villain with his Titan, his ores and his Ammonites. Shockwave is gone, and the scope of his plans have left Megatron changed. He’s realized his crimes against his species and the galaxy at large. And he intends to atone for all he’s done.

He and the better part of the remaining Cybertronian race attend the trial of the ages, and after more unearthing of his past and motivations, he joins Rodimus on the Lost Light to be judged by the Knights of Cybertron. Soon this leads to a face off against symbols of his evil self, Tarn and the Decepticon Justice Division, Deathsaurus and his alienated army, Overlord, and the fact that his presence as a captain spurred Getaway into action. Megatron and company win a hard fought battle against them all, and are soon teleported to an alternate universe where Functionism reigned. Most attempt to leave after helping the local rebels as best they can, except Megatron. Instead he stays behind, finding this universes Orion Pax and Impactor, and joining the rebels as a medic, a leader, and a revolutionary. After millions of years fighting the Functionists and saving alien species from their genocidal crusade, he’s returned back to his home universe and faces them in a climactic battle upon being reunited with Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, and the rest. His fight over, he finally meets his fate head on.

IDW Megatron has simply had a better story and character than any other past version of him. And this applies to many of IDWs characters. Their takes on Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Shockwave, Ratchet, Ironhide and Galvatron are the best the franchise has ever seen. Granted, they had 13 years to do this all, but the fact remains they’ve given us these characters at their best. Hopefully, future comics and shows realize the potential inherent to them, and we get more amazing takes like this. Prime has come closest, but that show still had its issues.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    TFP Megatron
    3e6msj496bod.jpg

That’s literally the best.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    G1 megatron
    G1 is awesome!
  • Beast Wars megatron (Specify body)
    4kesz02vbc35.jpg
    My preferred form: Roller-skatin Dino

BW Megatron is not a Megatron; he's simply a villain that took his name.
    But this villain, this comedic over-the-top madman, has shown to not only be worthy of the name Megatron, but he's even greater than them.

Let me start with his most distinctive and defined trait: His personality. This characters just oozes with haminess. Almost everything he does is done in a theatric and over-the-top way that it makes him such an entertaining antagonist. Blend this with his evilness and you get a villain of pure megalomania, one who uses his wit to strategize and make cruel jokes all at once. He handles a hostage situation (with one of his troops being the hostage), by shooting the hostage. And David Kaye's delivery of these lines is such perfection. The way that a simple phrase like Yeeeeeess is iconic to the character just shows that he did a stellar job.

Going further into his personality is the way he behaves. Megatron behaves a lot differently than other Megatrons since he initially doesn't act all that evil or thereatening. Rather, his personality seems more familiar with that of a gentleman, using his charisma to win over the support of others and make you think he's not all that bad. But it's all a cruel facade to hide his true personality. A persaonality driven by his lust for power and demonstrates such a high degree of sadism. No other Megatron really shows off this trait of deception better than him. My favorite instance of this, is when he convinces Silverbolt and Quickstrike to join him just by acting as polite and kind as possible. It's the way that he's so gentleman like and calm that makes him out to be so terrifying. For other Megatron's, they're terrifying just by their appearance and capability in the battlefield. For Beast Megs, his ability to keep his composure and hiding his true intentions is what makes him so unnerving since you don't know what he's planning or going to do next.

This goes down to his greatest weapons: His cunning and intellect.
    I honestly think he is one of the smartest villains in TF lore, only being rivaled by Shockwave. He had so little to work with but accomplished so much.
    Every Megatron often has great plans (except for getting for Griffin Bots), but BW Megatron often had plans with backup plans, and backup plans within those backup plans. He was a master strategist. In the season finale of the first season, he won by just doing nothing but sitting in his chair and manipulating events. The Planet-Destroyer and Primal? Eliminated. He was able to prevent the Maximals from returning home twice (being the winner in one episode), was able to awaken the Nemesis, and almost changed history. Even his defeats wouldn't delay his grander plans. Greatest example of this is Dinobot's sacrifice. Dinobot may have stopped Megatron's plan of killing humanity, but that didn't stop Megatron's plan of changing history. Megatron would attempt to change history again by killing Optimus Prime. Megatron was... inevitable (lol reference). Also note that Megatron actually KNEW the risks of killing Prime and was reluctant to do so; he could have just killed Prime long ago, but saved that plan as a last resort.
    Beyond being a master strategiest, he's also a scientific genius, able to manufacture clones, access technology from a species more advanced than Cybertron, and creating a virus that wiped out Cybertron's population. He went on to rule Cybertron for quite some time. He even became a god. For 6 seconds.

Most Megatron's may be stronger or have more firepower, but no other Megatron has ever been more cunning or charismatic as this one. Yeeeeeessss
    To expand upon what @Gunz0 explained (except without the over exaggeration, lol), the Predacons are tragic. It's pretty vauge, but you can really piece it together with the subtle hints that they provide throughout the show. In the very first episode of Beast Wars, Primal discusses how the Maximals and Predacons have lived in peace, but Megatron responds by saying "For Maximals, yes. But for Predacons, no." What makes that line impactful is the hint of sorrow you can hear in his voice; you can tell that he really meant that statement. Now, since he's the villain, you could come to the simple conclusion that he's simply lying. But a later episode, (Agenda Part III) disproves that conclusion. Before BW Megs goes on to kill Optimus Prime he gives a speech about the effects of the Great War, where he cites how it was unfair that the Maximals gained so much power and how the Predacons were mistreated, in his own words saying "A day of reckoning with those who made us slaves!"
    The sheer anger, madness, and hatred in his voice makes that line feel genuine.

Let's look back at Optimus Prime's final words:
    "Till All Are One." That quote may have many meanings, but the common meaning is that Optimus wishes for the Autobots and Decepticons to set aside their differences and become equals. But that never happened. Instead, the Autobots drove the Decepticons away. Due to the Autobots being the winners of the Great War, their decedent's, the Maximals became the center of power, living in prosperity and possibly wealth. Then their's the Decepticons decedent's, the Predacons, who lived as an underclass, possibly living in the slums and being abused, causing some to turn to a life of crime in order to successfully live (think of Cryotek and his gang). Since Megatron like all Predacons, was stuck sulking at the literal bottom of the food chain, it gave him an undying hatred for the Maximals and a lust for power. However, he repeated the same mistake that the previous Megatron made: trying to make one faction greater than the other instead of being equals. Being equals was Prime's dying wish, as it would achieve true peace.

This is when I discovered what Beast Machines was truly about. In the show, Megatron wants Cybertron to purely be technological and Primal wanted it to be purely organic. In their efforts, both of them nearly destroyed Cybertron due to their extremism. Afterwards, Primal concludes that he shouldn't prioritize on one side, rather it should be a balance of both sides. Just like how there should be an equal balance between Autobot and Decepticon. The whole point of Beast Wars, Machines, and the cause of all of these wars was due to an extreme lack of equality. And Megatron and the Predacons were victims of that.
    G1 megatron
    To expand upon what @Gunz0 explained (except without the over exaggeration, lol), the Predacons are tragic. It's pretty vauge, but you can really piece it together with the subtle hints that they provide throughout the show. In the very first episode of Beast Wars, Primal discusses how the Maximals and Predacons have lived in peace, but Megatron responds by saying "For Maximals, yes. But for Predacons, no." What makes that line impactful is the hint of sorrow you can hear in his voice; you can tell that he really meant that statement. Now, since he's the villain, you could come to the simple conclusion that he's simply lying. But a later episode, (Agenda Part III) disproves that conclusion. Before BW Megs goes on to kill Optimus Prime he gives a speech about the effects of the Great War, where he cites how it was unfair that the Maximals gained so much power and how the Predacons were mistreated, in his own words saying "A day of reckoning with those who made us slaves!"

"Till All Are One." That quote may have many meanings, but the common meaning is that Optimus wishes for the Autobots and Decepticons to set aside their differences and become equals. But that never happened. Instead, the Autobots drove the Decepticons away. Due to the Autobots being the winners of the Great War, their decedent's, the Maximals became the center of power, living in prosperity and possibly wealth. Then their's the Decepticons decedent's, the Predacons, who lived as an underclass, possibly living in the slums and being abused, causing some to turn to a life of crime in order to successfully live (think of Cryotek and his gang). Since Megatron like all Predacons, was stuck sulking at the literal bottom of the food chain, it gave him an undying hatred for the Maximals and a lust for power. However, he repeated the same mistake that the previous Megatron made: trying to make one faction greater than the other instead of being equals. Being equals was Prime's dying wish, as it would achieve true peace.

This is when I discovered what Beast Machines was truly about. In the show, Megatron wants Cybertron to purely be technological and Primal wanted it to be purely organic. In their efforts, both of them nearly destroyed Cybertron due to their extremism. Afterwards, Primal concludes that he shouldn't prioritize on one side, rather it should be a balance of both sides. Just like how there should be an equal balance between Autobot and Decepticon. The whole point of Beast Wars, Machines, and the cause of all of these wars was due to an extreme lack of equality. And Megatron and the Predacons were victims of that.

I stand by IDW, but it’s hard to argue against Beast Megatron. Also, I always found it weird how people complained about how evil Megatron became by Beast Machines. Every season of Beast Wars has him getting progressively crueler and resorting to more extreme plots and tactics, so of course by the time Beast Machines rolls around and he’s fully lost a war he spent years fighting, I can see how the main villain would become so dark. And props to David Kaye. A huge part of why I love Beast Megs(and Armada Megs for that matter) is David Kaye voicing him like he’s the strongest, smartest person in the room and he knows it. Frank Welker plays a great maniacal despot, but Kaye plays his versions like an upper class intellectual who just happened to find out he has a knack for being a tyrant.

But Beast Megatron is more like Tarn than his actual namesake. It’s uncertain whether either was ever a good bot at their core, or if both were just thugs who gradually became intelligent and gained charisma(Tarn seems to have been good when he was Damus/Glitch, but we never know 100%). Either way, both were discriminated by higher powers for things they didn’t control, joined a cause believing they could fight for a better future, were sent down dark paths, committed increasingly atrocious acts, and grew into horribly fantastic villains. IDW is still the king, but Beast is a close second.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    edited August 2019
    zvrcv3lgqoks.jpg
    Whats better than Megatron? A dragon Megatron of course.
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

I stand by IDW, but it’s hard to argue against Beast Megatron. Also, I always found it weird how people complained about how evil Megatron became by Beast Machines. Every season of Beast Wars has him getting progressively crueler and resorting to more extreme plots and tactics, so of course by the time Beast Machines rolls around and he’s fully lost a war he spent years fighting, I can see how the main villain would become so dark. And props to David Kaye. A huge part of why I love Beast Megs(and Armada Megs for that matter) is David Kaye voicing him like he’s the strongest, smartest person in the room and he knows it. Frank Welker plays a great maniacal despot, but Kaye plays his versions like an upper class intellectual who just happened to find out he has a knack for being a tyrant.

But Beast Megatron is more like Tarn than his actual namesake. It’s uncertain whether either was ever a good bot at their core, or if both were just thugs who gradually became intelligent and gained charisma(Tarn seems to have been good when he was Damus/Glitch, but we never know 100%). Either way, both were discriminated by higher powers for things they didn’t control, joined a cause believing they could fight for a better future, were sent down dark paths, committed increasingly atrocious acts, and grew into horribly fantastic villains. IDW is still the king, but Beast is a close second.

On the topic of Beast Machines Megatron, I think everyone missed just his sense of humor. I certainly did. I don't think he ever said Yeeeeees until one of the 5 last episodes. But the lack of humor really helped to showcase how horrifying of a villain he could be. From the outright genocide of his homeworld to trying to consume the sparks of Cybertron. He was great in Beast Machines, but I prefer his personality in Beast Wars a lot more.

IDW Megatron is my favorite ACTUAL Megatron. To his tragic origin to his redemption arc, he was handled really well. First instance I ever read of IDW Megatron was Spotlight: Megatron and that is what really hooked me in with his character. It greatly demonstrates what he thinks of the Decepticon cause and shows off his relationship with Starscream, even giving a point as to WHY Megatron keeps him atound.

I can see the similarities between BW Megs and Tarn. Another similarly aside all that you said was that they were both inspired by Megatron. Tarn was inspired by the Decepticon movement while BW Megs was inspired by what the original Megatron did. And they both have a way with words.
    G1 megatron
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

On the topic of Beast Machines Megatron, I think everyone missed just his sense of humor. I certainly did. I don't think he ever said Yeeeeees until one of the 5 last episodes. But the lack of humor really helped to showcase how horrifying of a villain he could be. From the outright genocide of his homeworld to trying to consume the sparks of Cybertron. He was great in Beast Machines, but I prefer his personality in Beast Wars a lot more.

IDW Megatron is my favorite ACTUAL Megatron. To his tragic origin to his redemption arc, he was handled really well. First instance I ever read of IDW Megatron was Spotlight: Megatron and that is what really hooked me in with his character. It greatly demonstrates what he thinks of the Decepticon cause and shows off his relationship with Starscream, even giving a point as to WHY Megatron keeps him atound.

I can see the similarities between BW Megs and Tarn. Another similarly aside all that you said was that they were both inspired by Megatron. Tarn was inspired by the Decepticon movement while BW Megs was inspired by what the original Megatron did. And they both have a way with words.

For a fun villain, Beast Wars. For a scary villain, Beast Machines.

And IDW is the best, but of course it would be, it’s a Megatron that’s had 13 years of comics to be fleshed out. And for me, Chaos Theory was what made me fall in love with those comics, the way it referenced Optimus and Megatrons battles we’d seen as well as the ones we hadn’t, it gave the world weight. Spotlight:Ramjet was a good Megatron showcase too, even if did end with my favorite Conehead beaten to death, torn apart and beheaded. But if you wanna make sure your antagonist is feared and doesn’t tolerate attempted coups, that’s a great start. I love Spotlight:Megatron as well. The Spotlights in general are just great.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Galvatron( Specify which one)
    Galvatron for me
  • TFP Megatron
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Galvatron for me

Which one though?
    G1 megatron
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Galvatron for me

Which one though?

Dude had one job and he couldn’t do it.

Marvel Galvatron was awesome. Stronger than everyone he faced(time itself had to kill him), dimension hopping, warlord.

Cartoon Galvatron was awesome. Psychotic, murderous, made-by-robot-Satan-himself powerhouse.

IDW Galvatron was awesome. Millennia old, undead, genocidal barbarian.

Point is, they’re all awesome and it’s hard to pick one. For me, IDW. He was evil and ambitious, and barbarians are cool.
  • DarioCldDarioCld Posts: 18
    G1 megatron
    Gee Wun Megs, IDW version to be more specific.