Home General Discussion

How to fight Galvatron in AM

For some reason I hate AM Galvatron as a mini boss. Any tips on which bots are best to counter him and strategies that work. He seems to dance everywhere. Thanks.
«1

Comments

  • Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    He is the most hated bot in AM history.

    1. Don’t try to out shoot him in a shooting contest u will loose for sure
    2. Time your backstep when he won’t be shooting. I mostly eat shots when backstepping to clear distance
    3. Watch when he is charging dark energy, keep distance at all cost
    4. If he dash in, u most likely will eat his melee combo due to his long melee hitbox, so keep your bot some distance from your wall so u have distance to back step when he dash
    5. A rank 4 or even rank 3 jetfire can kill galvatron in 30 seconds with a few reflect of his heavy. So if u are good at jetfire bring him.
    6. There is a bug when he does sp2, he will recharge dark energy to full and trigger unstoppable. Shoot him first and make sure he didnt trigger unstoppable
    7. His unstoppable is not that bad, he like to shoot, so not very likely to run you into corner with unstoppable
    8. When fight start, don’t back step, instead try instant melee him follow with a heavy. If he backstep stop melee and instantly back out.
    9. Bring the right bot, he has 70ish% physical resistance, so tech bots, prowl, tronus and any bot that can bypass physical resistance is good
    9. Play confidently, the right amount of confidence means patience to go in when time is right even it takes a long time to find opening. If you get too nervous, you most likely will make big mistakes
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,880
    For some reason I hate AM Megatron as a mini boss. Any tips on which bots are best to counter him and strategies that work. He seems to stay in one place. Thanks.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,754
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    For some reason I hate AM Megatron as a mini boss. Any tips on which bots are best to counter him and strategies that work. He seems to stay in one place. Thanks.

    I'm quite successful (in AM3.20-3.25) with a R5 4* MV Mega.
    Rack up those hits, and hope your ranged heavy hits hard.
    Tronus is even better, as is dark charged Galvatron.
    Rhinox is decent too, taking away all his SPs with his power control.
    G1 Megs' SP1 n 2 are easily dodged.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 462
    Thanks for the tips will definitely try it out. He keeps jumping around like he's on steroids. But those tips look helpful
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2019
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips will definitely try it out. He keeps jumping around like he's on steroids. But those tips look helpful

    Rhinox, Shockwave really make mincemeat of him. As does a high level KB.
    He can't live with power control bots (just like Tronus), but if using WJ, beware the dark burn.
    As long as his SP3 is nullified, he's not much cop, @Mutantdoc .

    Edit: a good Skyfire does indeed wipe him out, but you've to run the risk of eating a dark charged SP2 if not proficient with his reflect.

    I'm crap with Skyfire
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,041
    edited August 2019
    Rhinox works best for me.. cus i dont care about his 75% physical resistance and about his range buff.. sp1 can always nullify that.
    Deep wounds mastery really helps with rhinox's bleeds. Doesnt really "melt" galva but it helps.

    People in my bg often use Shockwave against him, I've also seen vids of JF knocking down galva with well timed blocks.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,053
    I don't see how Prowl can bypass Phy-resist? SP2 you mean?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,774
    Jetfire works really well if you are good at reflecting. It's easier to fight him linked from Wheeljack if you are using Jetfire, as he uses his heavy more often. Other than that, just dodge about with him and try and get him to block and use a heavy. Just requires a lot of patience.
    OG Megatron works quite well if you can steal the buffs and land some ranged heavy attacks. Megatronus works too, blasting him down with heavy attacks.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    harsha1997 wrote: »
    Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus

    Nope. Jetfire easy there.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,871
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    harsha1997 wrote: »
    Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus

    Nope. Jetfire easy there.

    Jetfire does what soundwave can but 100x better
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well
  • harsha1997 wrote: »
    Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus

    Soundwave Vs. Tronus in AM when he is on a replicate buff mod? If you like playing Soundwave without using any heavies at all so you dont utilize his power gain maybe, but I fail to see the point of Soundwave if that is the case. He is in my top 3 bots. But for AM he sits on the bench because it would be suicide bringing him against Tronus. A couple of heavies hitting Tronus and you'd eat a sp3 in no time.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight

    Not true for am. Tronus will steal the power gain. It really sux lol.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight

    Not true for am. Tronus will steal the power gain. It really sux lol.

    Yeah, I have 40+ signatures on him. Stepping back will guarentee like 1 bar of power. Just don’t get hit :wink: he hits like truck, so getting hit is kinda KO anyway

    Also remember tronus don’t power gain when you repeatedly nail him against the wall. So prowl will gain power 3X faster than tronus
  • JKLJKL Posts: 984
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight

    Not true for am. Tronus will steal the power gain. It really sux lol.

    Yeah, I have 40+ signatures on him. Stepping back will guarentee like 1 bar of power. Just don’t get hit :wink: he hits like truck, so getting hit is kinda KO anyway

    Also remember tronus don’t power gain when you repeatedly nail him against the wall. So prowl will gain power 3X faster than tronus

    Ummm, go try him in AM vs boss Tronus. Enjoy being blasted by an sp3 right after your first set of buffs convert to power.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,774
    we're talking about Galvatron, not Tronus...
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2019
    Galvatron VS:

    1. Rhinox
    Melee, Heavy (Power Lock). Anti Physical? Ranged Bleed. Power Lock, attack, SP2. Repeat.

    2. Kickback
    Melee, Heavy (Power Leak, T-Cog). SP1 Shock, Ranged attack (Power Leak). SP1 shock, dodge, power leak, SP2 Bleed/Leak.
    Repeat.

    DODGE his dark burns!

    PS - this is for 3.20-3.50.
    Others are efficient with WJ or Shockers, but mine are underpowered
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Shock charges work extremely well on him, because he is so trigger happy.

    Spamming Iron hide's heavy works on him too.

    Have to be extreamly careful with spamming heavy. He shoots much faster including heavy. It’s possible his heavy will reach u first while u are transforming for heavy.....I have not had good experience spamming heavy at him...

    At high lvl a single heavy from him will do 30k-60k damage. Go figure. At high lvl never spam heavy
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2019
    harsha1997 wrote: »
    Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus

    I'll take things noobs say for $400, Trebek
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,041
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    harsha1997 wrote: »
    Soundwave is the best bot against Galvatron & Megatronus

    I'll take things noobs say for $400, Trebek
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

    That person was clearly trolling....I hope.

    He says he plays in Top 10 alliance ... What do you think ...
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 989
    Soundwave is good for Galvatron, not so good for Megatronus.

    Prowl, if unawakened, can be good for Megatronus.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,370
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    For some reason I hate AM Galvatron as a mini boss. Any tips on which bots are best to counter him and strategies that work. He seems to dance everywhere. Thanks.

    Revive kits. Lots and lots of revive kits.

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Manthro wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

    reading noob manual is one thing, practice in reality is another. Do u guys read ability manual ?

    If tronus get hit his suppression is will not work

    Strangely I basically soloed tronus with prowl not sure how I did that

    It was why u said I could repeatedly nail him in corner. U gain power faster just by hitting him. While he only gains slower passive power

    Also read this

    “If the opponent reaches zero Power as a result of this Power Burn, the strength of their Power Gain Buffs is reduced by 15% for the rest of the fight.”
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 964
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

    reading noob manual is one thing, practice in reality is another. Do u guys read ability manual ?

    If tronus get hit his suppression is will not work

    Strangely I basically soloed tronus with prowl not sure how I did that

    It was why u said I could repeatedly nail him in corner. U gain power faster just by hitting him. While he only gains slower passive power

    Also read this

    “If the opponent reaches zero Power as a result of this Power Burn, the strength of their Power Gain Buffs is reduced by 15% for the rest of the fight.”

    i assume you're talking about fighting a typical Tronus and not AM Tronus? With AM Tronus, a duped prowl is a no no
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Voltron wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

    reading noob manual is one thing, practice in reality is another. Do u guys read ability manual ?

    If tronus get hit his suppression is will not work

    Strangely I basically soloed tronus with prowl not sure how I did that

    It was why u said I could repeatedly nail him in corner. U gain power faster just by hitting him. While he only gains slower passive power

    Also read this

    “If the opponent reaches zero Power as a result of this Power Burn, the strength of their Power Gain Buffs is reduced by 15% for the rest of the fight.”

    i assume you're talking about fighting a typical Tronus and not AM Tronus? With AM Tronus, a duped prowl is a no no

    I am talking about AM tronus. I soloed him and he barely ever hit power bar, not sure how I managed that?

    U are in control of suppression, u are smarter than AI. I don’t think Kabam codes tronus to make his AI behaviour tailored to “suppression” sig ability


    OK, I need to video it next time. But let’s say I am wrong completely, he gains as much power as I can, still, i can keep beating him at corner without suppression. I will still gain more power than he does
  • 小龙女 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Prowl is best bot against tronus. For those of u bad at dodging his special, prowl guarentee tronus will not see a single bar hit for entire fight. Most tech is decent against him and tronus vs tronus is good as well

    Also, things people who don't read abilities on bots for $300

    reading noob manual is one thing, practice in reality is another. Do u guys read ability manual ?

    If tronus get hit his suppression is will not work

    Strangely I basically soloed tronus with prowl not sure how I did that

    It was why u said I could repeatedly nail him in corner. U gain power faster just by hitting him. While he only gains slower passive power

    Also read this

    “If the opponent reaches zero Power as a result of this Power Burn, the strength of their Power Gain Buffs is reduced by 15% for the rest of the fight.”

    Tronus’s power gain isn’t a buff. It’s a passive, like grindor having extra armour naturally, or tantrum when he dashes. It isn’t something that can be copied or stolen. It’s a passive part of their kit. Soundwave is different in the sense he has to activate his, as is prowl. Tronus however gains his naturally, or passively as it’s called.

    You can try this with a 5* tech and 4* tronus, it doesn’t increase his power gain or anything. That’s been tried and disproven. You can power lock him, but slow his power gain, you can’t. Unless there’s something outside, like RR. But that counts as a buff as it’s a mod.
Sign In or Register to comment.