Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Question about stuns from debufs

Why do the effects of a stun start during special attack animations?
I understand having the other debufs kick in right away for damage purposes but what is the point on wasting half a stun in an animation? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of redoing my masteries to try suppression and eventually Stupefy, but adding an additional .8 of a second seems like such a waste because it still takes up those 2 seconds for an animation to end so my character is able to move and take advantage of the full effect of the stun.

Is there any way that can be fixed or changed?

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Why do the effects of a stun start during special attack animations?
    I understand having the other debufs kick in right away for damage purposes but what is the point on wasting half a stun in an animation? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of redoing my masteries to try suppression and eventually Stupefy, but adding an additional .8 of a second seems like such a waste because it still takes up those 2 seconds for an animation to end so my character is able to move and take advantage of the full effect of the stun.

Is there any way that can be fixed or changed?

Most specials that stun do so on the last hit. Only Ironhide does it on his special 1s second hit, and Jazz has a chance to stun on any of his three kicks in his special 1 if the opponents confused but those are both long stuns so it winds up being a similar length to others once the attacks over. Plus a mid special stun has the advantage of functioning like an anti-evade. Your enemy can’t evade if they’re stunned.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Better exampe is when half of Prowl's power lock is wasted.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

It's actually not, since it locks the power that would be gained by the opponent getting hit during the sp3.

The only debuffs that are truly wasted during sp3 animations are stun, unstoppable, and any Crit down/attack down debuffs.
  • Manthro wrote: »

It's actually not, since it locks the power that would be gained by the opponent getting hit during the sp3.

The only debuffs that are truly wasted during sp3 animations are stun, unstoppable, and any Crit down/attack down debuffs.

For example, Tantrum's SP3 unstoppable
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    I was referring to Wheeljack's sp3 stun, half of it is wasted on the sp3 animation of him standing there proudly that he shot some one as if posing for a montage, also any other bots with stun on sp3 do the same. It takes half the stun to wait for the animation, powerlock I understand, that can be handy if the opponent has powergain or gains power passively and that begins to work right away.

If you compare the stuns, I believe getting one on sp1 or 3 are the same length after the sp ends. I very well could be wrong though, I haven't really used wj since I upgraded to 5*
  • Rocsolid wrote: »
    I was referring to Wheeljack's sp3 stun, half of it is wasted on the sp3 animation of him standing there proudly that he shot some one as if posing for a montage, also any other bots with stun on sp3 do the same. It takes half the stun to wait for the animation, powerlock I understand, that can be handy if the opponent has powergain or gains power passively and that begins to work right away.

If you compare the stuns, I believe getting one on sp1 or 3 are the same length after the sp ends. I very well could be wrong though, I haven't really used wj since I upgraded to 5*

WJ's Debuffs are always the same, regardless which special you use.