Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggestion to liven up high level spotlight

Let’s say there is a new level, after master, call it epic for the sake of argument.

Make bots start at attack / health levels double that of maxed out 5* -> scale to 4 x by 3.2

Let all paths be equally hard i.e. no easy path , all bots on every path have similar ppi ; differentiation by mod therefore

Let there be semi-permadeath for bots who get knocked out - they cant be revived or used again that month for the epic spotlight

Kabam could sell flags for energon - where you can ‘stake’ your progress in the spotlight path when all bots are dead , so another team can follow them and continue onward.

5* bot and T3 alpha to finish

T4 class crystal and mod t3 spark for exploration

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Or... Rok 3?
  • Or... Rok 3?

ROK 3 wouldn't make spotlight more challenging
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    I could be way off base here, but it seems to me that the top players already have mastered any difficulty level Kabam could throw at them. While I agree that it possibly may be a good thing to add another difficulty level, I also think it is important to make the game interesting, via things like new game modes etc., not just harder.
    Higher difficulty doesn't necessarily make the game more engaging, but interesting content does.
  • I think that without revives and the threat of semi permadeath, things become more interesting - no?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I think that without revives and the threat of semi permadeath, things become more interesting - no?

If you cant spend energon on revives .. how's that going to help kabam
  • If you read the original post, I suggested something
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Let there be semi-permadeath for bots who get knocked out - they cant be revived or used again that month for the epic spotlight

This is absolute insanity.

First, kabam can't make money on it, so even though the rewards are great, they can't capitalize on revenue from the extreme difficulty.

2nd, that's just trashy. You have to finish blind entering any lane, not knowing what the matchups/mods are.

Also .. what happens if you start a path and quit partway through so you can bring a more well rounded team for a specific lane before all your bots die? Do you lose them for the rest of the month.

It's sort of a cool idea, has flaws for various reasons
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Manthro wrote: »

First, kabam can't make money on it, so even though the rewards are great, they can't capitalize on revenue from the extreme difficulty.

2nd, that's just trashy. You have to finish blind entering any lane, not knowing what the matchups/mods are.

Also .. what happens if you start a path and quit partway through so you can bring a more well rounded team for a specific lane before all your bots die? Do you lose them for the rest of the month.

Id say no revives the rest of that path. But how about a fixed camera. Cant check paths before moving
  • Manthro wrote: »

It’s a spotlight, so if you do the lower levels you know already what bots and mods to expect.

It’s just really hard.

Kabam make money by selling progress markers - team one makes it so far , buy a flag and team 2 can pick up from where they left off. Instead of reviving the same team, another team takes the place with the same progress.

This way you need skill and all the right bots. Maybe a revive allowed after finishing each pair of levels?

I’m just putting it out there as an idea to be molded , not necessarily to be slapped down......