Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When is Megatronus going to be a featured bot in store for bot chips?

So the mods had previously said Megatronus won’t be one of the bots for Aug. Fair enough. Would like to ask if there is any plans to bring him as a BOTM eventually? If possible, please share which month as well? Just waiting until Megatronus will be released in bot chip store. Have more than enough bot chips, generic awakening and T4C demo just waiting for him. I’m really not sure why Kabam wants to drag this out. The longer they delay releasing him, the more people can hoard chips to get him free. If they keep throwing out good bots month after month, like Wheeljack, scorponok, cyclonus, Megatronus, this will deplete players bot chip reserves and then motivate people to spend and get these bots. As it is, buffing bots like Sideswipe won’t really get people to part with their bot chips. Please Kabam, give a reason why people should bother grinding month after month.

Comments

• And i want to know this about wheeljack ..when? When?when?🤨
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    When has Kabam ever responded to the 100s of "when is Megatronus coming" threads and given anyone an exact date?

If they were smart, he would be re-offered as crystals only first. Make some revenue for the game.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    They should remove him from the game he's too good or just release 6* bots so he ain't the best bot anymore by a landslide. Give us new content for the 6* bots like rok 3 & please raise the D level cap in AM to 200. Three or four alliance's are already doing it & it's like flipping a coin to see who gets first.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Beastdad wrote: »
    If you have noticed, the few players that spent big bucks to get Tronus way back when are not happy about him being released, they feel like since they paid for him he should be unobtainable.

Megatronus wasn’t a premium bot when he was released. Not like scout bee, nemesis prime, thundercracker were. He was a regular bot that could be bought by specific bot chips in his featured month, just like jet fire, cyclonus, etc. Thus he is not one of the “unobtainable” bots actually.
    JKL wrote: »
    When has Kabam ever responded to the 100s of "when is Megatronus coming" threads and given anyone an exact date?

If they were smart, he would be re-offered as crystals only first. Make some revenue for the game.

Oddly enough, people have only asked if he would be coming for the upcoming month. I’m just asking when he would come, whether in Sep or Dec or whenever. The mods made a great decision to share the 3 bots earlier than their usual one day before and the community was happy to know earlier. Hopefully they realise that there’s no point to holding back information. Just plan early and share the info so people can get excited about it.
    Jay32 wrote: »
    They should remove him from the game he's too good or just release 6* bots so he ain't the best bot anymore by a landslide. Give us new content for the 6* bots like rok 3 & please raise the D level cap in AM to 200. Three or four alliance's are already doing it & it's like flipping a coin to see who gets first.

As a player with one of the strongest Megatronus in the game, do you really support removing him completely from the game? Including taking the bot away from all the players who have invested in him?

I can get behind this really. Either remove him completely or release him so the playing field can be levelled. Majority of players in the top 4 alliances have a strong Megatronus already. Allowing more players to have him will allow more alliances to push AM level as well. Right now it’s like top 4 are D140 and there’s a big gap between 4th and 5th. There’s no point for Kabam to create more levels for just 18 x 4 players. Also, so what if Kabam opens D200? Then we get T4Cs every week? It won’t really stem the repetitive nature of AMs week in and week out, which is like running in a hamster ball.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    We'll if they buff more bots to be equal to Tronus then that will be great. I find the demo class is slacking besides Tronus & Wasp only because wasp's sig is a cheat. Ramjet & Demo Megs are pretty awful compared to the others.
    Choosing not to put a Bot in the Store doesn't mean a Bot isn't coming as an option and doesn't mean we aren't withholding. It doesn't also have anything to do with the other choices we make to other bots like Sideswipe. A lot of what you're saying in your initial posts sounds similar to conspiracy crafting which isn't allowed on the forums.

I'm sorry it's been frustrating not having him featured in the store yet, but creating a thread like this to cause further stir on the subject usually only causes more inflammation on the subject rather than constructive conversation. Generally if you want to discuss it, you need to be careful about wording rather than demanding in the way that you are. We aren't going to share information like this. To be completely honest, we share information quite frequently with everyone and more often than we should at times but we still have to respect that there are certain things we can't and will not. So in turn we ask that you also respect that.

Nothing I am going to supply you with is going to be the answer you want, for that I am sorry. But I can't give you what you are asking for because that just isn't possible. That said, I do have to ask that you avoid theory crafting the way you are as it just builds to start conversations about things that aren't true. Other bots are looking at being buffed, Miike said this already. That is in the works. Megatronus being the store? Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with that-- complete opposite ends of the spectrum. The game doesn't revolve around that one bot.

Conspiracy crafting?? I’m trying to avoid that actually by directly asking the powers that be (aka Kabam mods) instead of having wild baseless speculations. I am not crafting any theories, just straight-forwardly asking (not demanding) if you guys can share if Megatronus has been planned to be released in upcoming months. Conspiracy theories only breed when there’s a dearth of information. Like what you guys did on sharing info on wasp, arcee and sideswipe early, people liked that info was given early instead of waiting till last minute as per previous months, and people can quickly buy last month bots or plan for this month bots. In that same spirit, I was really hoping that you guys could see that information early is good.

As for other bots being buffed, honestly it’s not relevant to this thread. I just want to know when Megatronus is coming. If you can share that, then I will rest happy and continue playing the game looking forward to that.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Choosing not to put a Bot in the Store doesn't mean a Bot isn't coming as an option and doesn't mean we aren't withholding. It doesn't also have anything to do with the other choices we make to other bots like Sideswipe. A lot of what you're saying in your initial posts sounds similar to conspiracy crafting which isn't allowed on the forums.

I'm sorry it's been frustrating not having him featured in the store yet, but creating a thread like this to cause further stir on the subject usually only causes more inflammation on the subject rather than constructive conversation. Generally if you want to discuss it, you need to be careful about wording rather than demanding in the way that you are. We aren't going to share information like this. To be completely honest, we share information quite frequently with everyone and more often than we should at times but we still have to respect that there are certain things we can't and will not. So in turn we ask that you also respect that.

Nothing I am going to supply you with is going to be the answer you want, for that I am sorry. But I can't give you what you are asking for because that just isn't possible. That said, I do have to ask that you avoid theory crafting the way you are as it just builds to start conversations about things that aren't true. Other bots are looking at being buffed, Miike said this already. That is in the works. Megatronus being the store? Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with that-- complete opposite ends of the spectrum. The game doesn't revolve around that one bot.

As for other bots being buffed, honestly it’s not relevant to this thread. I just want to know when Megatronus is coming. If you can share that, then I will rest happy and continue playing the game looking forward to that.

He just said no and you asked again 😂 Just poking the bear.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I'd like to see him soon, got a demo awakening gem with no one to use it on
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    ldny90 wrote: »
    Yes, and at the time it was the whales that were able to spend enough and stack enough chips to get him.

I'm sorry, but EVERYONE had the chance to get Megatronus. Kabam introduced the featured chips arenas and the featured raid week in September, we even get to play against Megatronus during the Cyclonus spotlight and see his potential...

i'm f2p, it was a long and annoying grind in October, especially since they nerfed the raid payout compared to the Cyclonus event, but he was obtainable for every player who put in the time/effort. now with the upgraded spotlight/monthly objective/spotlight generic bot chips payout, everyone could get him 3 seconds after his release, and probably thats the reason why Kabam didn't offer him to the public just yet

Apology accepted.

I was hoping to persuade him that not being able to say anything would probably stir more conspiracy theories in itself. Me just asking a straightforward question and if Kabam can answer well will quell “any inflammation on the subject”. In fact, I’m not even sure why my post is seen as “inflammatory” or how it might “stir inflammation”? :| I just posted the thread cos I’m curious on the status of a much-desired bot in the game. So asking question about an in-game bot will cause “inflammation”? I don’t get it. Isn’t stirring up hype and excitement over an in-game character good for making people excited for the game?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Id be more concerned with getting new bots at this point. Besides high level am you can do the same stuff with a maxed 4* tronus as a 5*.
    Jay32 wrote: »
    We'll if they buff more bots to be equal to Tronus then that will be great. I find the demo class is slacking besides Tronus & Wasp only because wasp's sig is a cheat. Ramjet & Demo Megs are pretty awful compared to the others.

Megatronus is a lot more forgiving than wasp. Ironhide is quite strong too, have a couple of team mates who bring him. You only need 1 or max 2 strong bots of the same class.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Just make it so that every time someone makes a post like this tronus is delayed one month
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

From what I remember reading on the forums, I think certain players were focusing on another demo bot at the time so during that month, not all of them grinder for him. Now that the AM timers have been changed, there’s a lot of regret they didn’t go for him back then and are now asking for him to be released.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2019

Is it safe to assume that if a bot has already been released in the store that they won't be buffed?

Edit: Never mind, I know in Ratchet's case there may apparently already be something in the works.
  • ldny90 wrote: »
    Yes, and at the time it was the whales that were able to spend enough and stack enough chips to get him.

I'm sorry, but EVERYONE had the chance to get Megatronus. Kabam introduced the featured chips arenas and the featured raid week in September, we even get to play against Megatronus during the Cyclonus spotlight and see his potential...

i'm f2p, it was a long and annoying grind in October, especially since they nerfed the raid payout compared to the Cyclonus event, but he was obtainable for every player who put in the time/effort. now with the upgraded spotlight/monthly objective/spotlight generic bot chips payout, everyone could get him 3 seconds after his release, and probably thats the reason why Kabam didn't offer him to the public just yet

thanks for the apology bro, i accept it.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    As much as I'd like Megatronus to be available again, I'd rather not have him available at all for longevity of this game, or atleast give him meaningful nerfs where he is in line with the other demo bots.

As I've said when he was initially announced, he should have never been released as a playable bot, he's just too decked as a bot.
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    @Kabam Vydious let’s Beef Up Grimlock ! Make Grim Great Again! :smile:
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Buff nemesis & both bee, these are the only bots that are so rare & exclusive to obtain, at least they should equal almighty Megatronus @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike