Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mirage against Galvatron

Is there anyone who tries mirage against galvatron at 70 plus? If so can you share your experience? Which sps are energy? Which sps physical?

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Nothing special for Mirage. Melee is physical and ranged is energy (only the last shot of sp1 and the 1st shot of sp2 are). Just try his specials on Bonecrusher and you'll get it.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Nothing special for Mirage. Melee is physical and ranged is energy (only the last shot of sp1 and the 1st shot of sp2 are). Just try his specials on Bonecrusher and you'll get it.

Hum...that sounds bad against galv, only good thing about him is range crit damage mitigation.......energy deduction is not too useful from my experience (too little).....special 3 takes too long to stack up

I am noob so correct me if I am wrong. I am planning to lvl up shockwave. Not sure if shockwave is best tech to rank up in general.....oh well

But tech in general is supposed to be more energy damage focused, mostly likely your other bots already do heavy melee damage, so no reason to bring another melee focused bot
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    小龙女 wrote: »

Hum...that sounds bad against galv, only good thing about him is range crit damage mitigation.......energy deduction is not too useful from my experience (too little).....special 3 takes too long to stack up

I am noob so correct me if I am wrong. I am planning to lvl up shockwave. Not sure if shockwave is best tech to rank up in general.....oh well

But tech in general is supposed to be more energy damage focused, mostly likely your other bots already do heavy melee damage, so no reason to bring another melee focused bot

ALWAYS, rank up shockwave. He is god tier.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Mirage is rubbish against Galvatron, Ive got a 5* 3/5 Mirage & he doesn't do anything against him.
    I did some testing with mirage. His special 2 is the most useful of his specials. U can maintain 10+ stacks constantly against many bots granting u 50% attack debuff. Which basically means a 60k bot becomes 30k.

And unblockable special 2 means u can keep melee and special 2 constantly flowing....

So even though he may not be ideal against physical resistance u can still survive way longer

“The shield decreases enemy Critical Damage and Ranged Damage by 59-90% ”

90% shield and 50% attack debuff will render galvatron much easier to take on
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Just spam sp1 to assist with removing sp energy.
    Sp2 is nice, however it will allow galv to get to sp3 way to fast.
    If you are playing 2-2.5x pi then sp3 and then sp1.
    Mirage is not rubbish against him lol.
    edited August 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »

That’s good in theory, from my experience shooting contest against galv is disasterous. Maybe some pro with mirage can input something

Overal mirage is much safer bot to invest in cuz he is well rounded. Though shockwave is better against certain bots/mods with his insane shock damage
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Rocsolid wrote: »

That’s good in theory, from my experience shooting contest against galv is disasterous.

Not with Shockwave. It’s very fun to outgun Galvy and watch him drop from all the Shock DOT you can inflict. As someone already said, Shockwave is god tier — vs any Demo he is def god tier. Just yesterday I took down Galvatron (D90+) with just 12 hits. Did it with 1% health too. If you struggle vs Demos or need help with controlling power gain then Shocky is the answer.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Same with Shockwave. His fighting style is straight and simple. Stick with sp1 which deals damage while keeping the energy controlled. If you're confident reading the enemy, you can bait some ranged shots to absorb.

Mirage has a comprehensive skillset but it requires a lot of planning/reaction/reroute etc. Going aggressive with chain stun and you're worried about power control. Going all power control and the round is fairly long. Attack gain from Sp3 requires a lot of time and dodging and is only worth the trouble if the fight is very long.
  • omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    Thanks for all my friends. Definitely, Shockwave is better. One more question. Is blocking range attacks trustable against Galvatron?
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Absolutely no issues blocking Galvy,
    Shockwave is god tier bot.
    Rank him, block and shock my friend
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    omernuz wrote: »
    Thanks for all my friends. Definitely, Shockwave is better. One more question. Is blocking range attacks trustable against Galvatron?

Yes. Obviously, you have to be mindful of not absorbing more than 3 shots at a time. He’s so trigger happy that it’s easy to keep blocking. He also likes to dash in occasionally after shooting, so you can either push him in the face (very hard to time from a blocking position) or side step it.