Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Learning Beast Wars

So I've been quite vocal about being in the Trukk not Monkey generation, but AI decided to give it a watch to see what the fuss is about.
Halfway through the first season I can say for a kids show, it's endearing I suppose, if you can get past the campy kids show part.
The writing has improved as it goes on, but I don't like how Primal and Megatron are written as such ineffective leaders.
Overall I'm gonna keep with it because it's holding my attention and actually making the in game bots a little more familiar.
I'm surprised as off balanced as the Demo class is that RatTrap hasn't made it in game. He's written as a demo bot.

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I've watched the whole thing! It's great...a bit...odd but still great...so sad that none of the maximals except Dinobot Rhinox Primal and Rattrap are cool...Predacons FTW!
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    The second half of the first season really begins to kick into high gear, and Primal in particular really takes the leadership reins. Glad youre at least enjoying it somewhat.
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Megatron is super-effective leader, given the fact that he lead bunch of worthless idiot inefficient
    criminals. (Except Tarantulas, who is smart and cunning, but totally crazy)
  • Glad that you gave the series a try!
    Just out of curiosity which episode are you on?
    As for Primal and Megs, they're different than your typical Optimus and Megatron. Primal acts more like Optimus from Animated, young and inexperienced. After all, he was only the leader of an exploration vessel and has had little military experience. He does grow on to become a greater hero and leader as the show goes on. Megatron is a renegade Pred, a small criminal that just runs his own gang. He becomes more deranged and dangerous as the series goes on.

And Rattrap should've been in the game earlier. Would be nice to have another heroic Demo to keep Ironhide company.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited August 2019
    Glad that you gave the series a try!
    As for Primal and Megs, they're different than your typical Optimus and Megatron. Primal acts more like Optimus from Animated, young and inexperienced. After all, he was only the leader of an exploration vessel and has had little military experience. He does grow on to become a greater hero and leader as the show goes on. Megatron is a renegade Pred, a small criminal that just runs his own gang. He becomes more deranged and dangerous as the series goes on.

And Rattrap should've been in the game earlier. Would be nice to have another heroic Demo to keep Ironhide company.

I think I'm like 5 episodes in. I've been watching on YouTube autoplay so it just switched automatically. I have plenty of time to watch this week because I'm down with pneumonia.
    I'm just past where TigerTron comes in. I kinda like his character because he's very quiet and standoffish, not loud and Looney like the other kids characters.
    But I think RatTrap would be a cool addition in game....a really small fast ninja demo bot.
    I'll keep updating as I watch. So far I'm enjoying it.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    The only thing I want to complain about are the pointless episodes and Off Animation by today's standards, other than that I wish I could watch the full series
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited August 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Glad that you gave the series a try!

I think I'm like 5 episodes in. I've been watching on YouTube autoplay so it just switched automatically. I have plenty of time to watch this week because I'm down with pneumonia.
    I'm just past where TigerTron comes in. I kinda like his character because he's very quiet and standoffish, not loud and Looney like the other kids characters.
    But I think RatTrap would be a cool addition in game....a really small fast ninja demo bot.
    I'll keep updating as I watch. So far I'm enjoying it.

I watched pretty much most of the Transformers series over the years (although I missed a good chunk of the Bumblebee-centric RID and the latter part of Animated). Still am a huge G1 fan, but Beast Wars and Beast Machines are wonderful additions to the storyline.

Tigertron is a little disappointing to me. His character had so much potential (even to the point where he could have been Primal's Second-in-Command), but...
    he turned out to be more like Tommy Oliver in Season 1 of Power Rangers... more there when the Maximals were outnumbered and outgunned... the rest of the time, he's more out doing his own thing.

The latter half of Season 1 and all of Season 2 are where things really start to ramp up. Dinobot's journey as the series goes on is a great subplot.