Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers that have interesting history.

In my view, i would think Optimus has the most interesting backstory to him. Cliche perhaps. But i yet to see another great history to a bot. Jetfire had a cool background, but not as quite as interesting as optimus for me.

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    Shockwave. He started out as a kindly senator who was setting up an institute for outliers to learn to handle their powers. (Kind of like a transformer Professor X) Then he was arrested by sentinel prime, and forced to undergo empurata as well as a full body redesign and mental rewrite. That was what turned him into the cold, emotionless monster who set up the entire IDW storyline.

Before.
    dtngom9yv1h5.jpg

After.
    l6x8tl9jtfmh.jpg

Recap.
    b94kjiixevqv.jpg

He started out as a nice guy..... then he ended up a transformer thanos.

I wonder if the Russo’s took inspiration from Shockwave when they were deciding to give Thanos his motives in Infinity War.

But I’d say Soundwave is the peak character in IDW.

nebuw2dqibyj.jpeg

He was Forged, born in what is considered the “superior” method, but he was an Outlier. And unlike other Outliers, such as Skids who’s power was a blessing, Soundwave was cursed and crippled, left homeless and on the brink of madness. He was found by three Beast-form Cybertronians, discriminated against for something they didn’t control. They befriended Soundwave, saving him and instilling in him a genuine belief in the equality of all Cybertronians. His powers brought him to the attention of a senator, Ratbat, who saw potential in having a telepath around in the political world. And in turn, Ratbat introduced Soundwave to an upstart rebel and gladiator:Megatron. And upon meeting and arming Megatron, Soundwave went down a darker path.

Starting off with a bang, he devised a plan to massacre the Senate, and then did just that. Even darker, he killed Ratbat, a known racist, and put him in a Beast-mode body as a demented sort of retribution. But these were justified from them being racist and oppressive. Then he went further down the rabbit hole of villainy. Running guns to unsavory individuals and groups, sowing discontent among the masses, causing weapons to malfunction and kill others because it would lead to more Decepticon recruits, subconsciously influencing a civillian(Bumblebee) to commit terrorist acts, brainwashing Beachcomber to try and assassinate Blaster, and culminating in arguably his worst actions; the massacre of fellow equal Cybertronians through Scorponoks assault on the Starsreach Spaceport and leading his anti-neutral pogroms during the war.

Soon the war left Cybertron post-Thunderwing, and Soundwave was trapped on Earth for a time. Once he was freed from his mode lock, he returned to his role as Megatrons right hand and partook in the conquer of Earth, killing numerous humans both himself and through commanding his cassettes. Once beaten, Soundwave ensured Megatron survived, albeit damaged, and later aided Shockwave in rebuilding him, then returning to Earth to kill more humans and fight once again. Ultimately this ended with the Autobots and Decepticons back on Cybertron and fighting Galvatron, his army, and a dark god from another universe, the D-Void. The Autobots won the war, the Decepticons were returned to their original forms, and Cybertron was reset. For a time, he continued being a villain, murdering his own kind just to keep them in check under the current government, and helping Megatron attack the Autobots a few times. But then came Dark Cybertron. An insane and climactic event, which at the end saw Megatron joining the Autobots, Shockwave dead(seemingly) and Soundwave returning to Earth with Galvatron and hoping for peace. Allying with the humans and building a new peaceful home for his fellow Decepticons, Soundwave soon learned of Galvatrons deceit and allied with Optimus Prime to go handle the warmonger, killing him, and in the process coming to see humans as equals, and taking on a more heroic role, helping out on Earth and facing the Junkions and Sharkticons, and handling various affairs in the council of worlds.

Ultimately, Shockwave returned as Onyx Prime along with Liege Maximo and the Maximal hordes. Battling them and winning, he reached the biggest threat yet, Unicron. In facing Unicron, Soundwave was the one who knew how to defeat him, using the Enigma Of Combination, The Talisman, and his own telepathic powers to unite the spirits of all the living and dead, of anyone who has had any connection to Cybertron and it’s struggles, to unite them in their faith, and allowing Optimus Prime to reason with Unicrons creator and stop him, all at the cost of his own life. Soundwave was born hopeless, and largely lived a life of deception and villainy, but he managed to die a hero of the galaxy. And I’d say the sheer number of events he was involved in or that affected him, both in minor or major ways, have made him possibly the most interesting character the franchise has ever seen.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    IDW MegaChad and Beast Wars MegaTHAD
    edited August 2019
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    Shockwave. He started out as a kindly senator who was setting up an institute for outliers to learn to handle their powers. (Kind of like a transformer Professor X) Then he was arrested by sentinel prime, and forced to undergo empurata as well as a full body redesign and mental rewrite. That was what turned him into the cold, emotionless monster who set up the entire IDW storyline.

Before.
    dtngom9yv1h5.jpg

After.
    l6x8tl9jtfmh.jpg

Recap.
    b94kjiixevqv.jpg

He started out as a nice guy..... then he ended up a transformer thanos.

I wonder if the Russo’s took inspiration from Shockwave when they were deciding to give Thanos his motives in Infinity War.

But I’d say Soundwave is the peak character in IDW.

nebuw2dqibyj.jpeg

He was Forged, born in what is considered the “superior” method, but he was an Outlier. And unlike other Outliers, such as Skids who’s power was a blessing, Soundwave was cursed and crippled, left homeless and on the brink of madness. He was found by three Beast-form Cybertronians, discriminated against for something they didn’t control. They befriended Soundwave, saving him and instilling in him a genuine belief in the equality of all Cybertronians. His powers brought him to the attention of a senator, Ratbat, who saw potential in having a telepath around in the political world. And in turn, Ratbat introduced Soundwave to an upstart rebel and gladiator:Megatron. And upon meeting and arming Megatron, Soundwave went down a darker path.

Starting off with a bang, he devised a plan to massacre the Senate, and then did just that. Even darker, he killed Ratbat, a known racist, and put him in a Beast-mode body as a demented sort of retribution. But these were justified from them being racist and oppressive. Then he went further down the rabbit hole of villainy. Running guns to unsavory individuals and groups, sowing discontent among the masses, causing weapons to malfunction and kill others because it would lead to more Decepticon recruits, subconsciously influencing a civillian(Bumblebee) to commit terrorist acts, brainwashing Beachcomber to try and assassinate Blaster, and culminating in arguably his worst actions; the massacre of fellow equal Cybertronians through Scorponoks assault on the Starsreach Spaceport and leading his anti-neutral pogroms during the war.

Soon the war left Cybertron post-Thunderwing, and Soundwave was trapped on Earth for a time. Once he was freed from his mode lock, he returned to his role as Megatrons right hand and partook in the conquer of Earth, killing numerous humans both himself and through commanding his cassettes. Once beaten, Soundwave ensured Megatron survived, albeit damaged, and later aided Shockwave in rebuilding him, then returning to Earth to kill more humans and fight once again. Ultimately this ended with the Autobots and Decepticons back on Cybertron and fighting Galvatron, his army, and a dark god from another universe, the D-Void. The Autobots won the war, the Decepticons were returned to their original forms, and Cybertron was reset. For a time, he continued being a villain, murdering his own kind just to keep them in check under the current government, and helping Megatron attack the Autobots a few times. But then came Dark Cybertron. An insane and climactic event, which at the end saw Megatron joining the Autobots, Shockwave dead(seemingly) and Soundwave returning to Earth with Galvatron and hoping for peace. Allying with the humans and building a new peaceful home for his fellow Decepticons, Soundwave soon learned of Galvatrons deceit and allied with Optimus Prime to go handle the warmonger, killing him, and in the process coming to see humans as equals, and taking on a more heroic role, helping out on Earth and facing the Junkions and Sharkticons, and handling various affairs in the council of worlds.

Ultimately, Shockwave returned as Onyx Prime along with Liege Maximo and the Maximal hordes. Battling them and winning, he reached the biggest threat yet, Unicron. In facing Unicron, Soundwave was the one who knew how to defeat him, using the Enigma Of Combination, The Talisman, and his own telepathic powers to unite the spirits of all the living and dead, of anyone who has had any connection to Cybertron and it’s struggles, to unite them in their faith, and allowing Optimus Prime to reason with Unicrons creator and stop him, all at the cost of his own life. Soundwave was born hopeless, and largely lived a life of deception and villainy, but he managed to die a hero of the galaxy. And I’d say the sheer number of events he was involved in or that affected him, both in minor or major ways, have made him possibly the most interesting character the franchise has ever seen.
    oyqqoh8a577z.gif
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    Nothing beats the story of the much maligned, forgotten and ridiculed street lamp.

'Relieved' on, smashed into by energon-drunk Autobots; it bided it's time, studying it's tormentors for signs of weaknesses and dreamt up it's triumphant revenge for millennia.
    Operation: Extermination.

One day pairing up with the equally naff, breed of minuscule bots made of magnetic tape; it achieved automation and promptly rose through the ranks, slaughtering many civilian automobile-based bots.

Now all tremble in fear at the sight of
    2hrkemlnousw.jpg
    Let him illuminate you...

rwq2nydhmmw2.jpg They'll make YOU obsolete!

• Seaspray and I think this GIF will just about sum it up:

4FGg.gif
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Seaspray and I think this GIF will just about sum it up:

4FGg.gif

What...the....(censored)
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677

4FGg.gif

Primus no..... that episode was just.... just.... I can’t describe it without getting censored.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I wish Seaspray would hurry up and join the fight
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited August 2019
    I think we can all agree that the majority of IDW's take on the transformers universe is downright GENIUS!!
    I mean how many publishers made the ballsy move of Autobot Megatron?
    34io8go8f69k.png
    But I think we all like Whirl for his warped personality
    xkc9v6f5tk4x.jpg
    co9fvvmdvq24.png
    88zw61hx4vqn.jpg
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that the majority of IDW's take on the transformers universe is downright GENIUS!!
    34io8go8f69k.png
    xkc9v6f5tk4x.jpg
    co9fvvmdvq24.png
    88zw61hx4vqn.jpg

Whirl is my all time favorite transformer. And nothing can possibly change that.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    34io8go8f69k.png
    xkc9v6f5tk4x.jpg
    co9fvvmdvq24.png
    88zw61hx4vqn.jpg

Whirl is my all time favorite transformer. And nothing can possibly change that.
    Same here.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    Since my Lamppost-post bombed, i need the magic of Hollywood to get the crowds back on my side.

And there's no BIGGER (literally) Hollywood Star in the entire TF continuity than...

SKULLGRIN
    cwapjypret5k.jpg

You guys can keep your emo IDW lore, only this con can go toe to toe against Seaspray's Mermaid Fetish or Powerglide's Upper Class Crumpet.

t8nysj4f5xh8.jpg

SKULLGRIN landed in Earth, was spotted by Hollywood agents, and made himself a bonafide movie star, before he was outed and terrorised by robo-racist extraordinaire, CircuitBreaker.
    What a hater.

He even made the cover of Time magazine.
    lbu7zvquosur.jpg

4FGg.gif

God I wish that were me
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Gunz0 wrote: »

4FGg.gif

God I wish that were me

tzjk17nebyjy.gif
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Gunz0 wrote: »

4FGg.gif

God I wish that were me

Seaspray or the girl?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    The Cyclonus/Whirl rivalry and oddball friendship was amazing. I loved almost all of the Lost Light crew.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited August 2019
    6swkt6al18dc.jpg
    This image says enough.
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    6swkt6al18dc.jpg
    This image says enough.

Almost any bot from prime was likable. And had a unique story.Optimus Prime obviously had the best one. I think starting as a clerk/ No one and then earning the matrix with his words and courage is far superior than "BeINg BuIlT InTo A PRiME"
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    6swkt6al18dc.jpg
    This image says enough.

0/10 not Warpath