Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Tech Bot!

This post is really just to generate discussion about all the best bots, not simply situational, but in general. Because all bots can be used when you have enough skill, but I wanted to see what people would say would be the best bot when max duped and forged, and used in any situation by someone who knows what they're doing.

Best Tech Bot! 69 votes

Shockwave
44%
BeastdadKillMasterCJmdDaveJLTracked_SignalMr_WonderfulDarkMatrixBntyhntr3232_GroundwavebillygovolsJIMMY_SABBonesetterHUNMonrogue_xTechnobotScarredArachnid333MrnomisSycko5SparkEaterKittenTransformator79 31 votes
Wheeljack
30%
SavageCabbageTsunamiDeceptiHoeAustin555555Mufc14M00NSonerbabaJurassicPark10XXXUnknownShadow2021PeasCrossideshsb13Hijacker2531BPT_Corey203SosaromerotuEdwardo76SneakyAutobotYTArklaine 21 votes
Soundwave
5%
Gunz0Flrsbwcreepshow5GeneralZ9 4 votes
Rhinox
4%
Inimitable713Bazzatron1979Iq2312 3 votes
Mirage
4%
Igoran0_qpaHTa3uuVanawsum 3 votes
Ratchet
2%
WarblahMutantdoc 2 votes
Jetfire
4%
Chuck_CanuckGojuanesOptimalOptimus_MV1 3 votes
Blaster
2%
Villy_JahnNetLizard 2 votes

Comments

• Wheeljack
    I chose Wheeljack because he has a reliable healing system, multiple failsafes against heavy damage-dealers, and can change his kit to be more defensive or offensive, if randomly. He can inflict multiple Debuffs, and more importantly, they're effective. At Rank 5, the shock is the most powerful shock among all bots, equivalent to Bludgeon's bleed, the power leak will take away a whole bar of power and then some, and the stun allows you to get a good combo in as well. He's also quite fun to play with.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Shockwave
    Shockwave, then Wheeljack/Mirage, then Soundwave.

Shockwaves special 1 alone brings him to the top. It drains about a bar and a half of power and deals some intense damage. He also has high health, his Undo is a good failsafe, and his second and third specials are strong too, along with his ability to shock on ranged and heavy attacks. He’s easily one of the top bots in the game.

Wheeljack and Mirage both play similarly. Just to summarize it, they both can cover just about every attribute in the game. Both can raise their attack, mitigate damage, quickly gain or drain power, and stun. Wheeljack can also shock and repair, Mirage can also inflict attack down, boost his ranged speed, and get unblockable melees. They’re both really strong.

Soundwave in a unique way. His health is high and his damage is solid, he has the best power gain in the game and the best way to gain it, with a hard to dodge heavy and a powerful special 2 that each inflict shock. His special 1 and 3 are alright and good as last resorts, but they’re not as good as his special 2. And his sonic shield not only saves him from some seriously lethal special 1s and 2s, it amps their damage up further to the enemy and provides a nice energy resistance if a ranged attack does hit.
  • Wheeljack
    I chose Wheeljack because he has a reliable healing system, multiple failsafes against heavy damage-dealers, and can change his kit to be more defensive or offensive, if randomly. He can inflict multiple Debuffs, and more importantly, they're effective. At Rank 5, the shock is the most powerful shock among all bots, equivalent to Bludgeon's bleed, the power leak will take away a whole bar of power and then some, and the stun allows you to get a good combo in as well. He's also quite fun to play with.

Personally, I have to agree. My other fav is Mirage.
  • Shockwave
    My favourite is Shockwave, simply due to his high damage output and Power Drain. He's also quite durable, and has some very good Synergies. The fact that he doesn't need to be Awakened to be effective also makes him my go-to Bot.
    I'd say Jetfire would be my second preference(same as Shockwave, but no Power Drain), followed by Mirage(high utility, but low damage output).
  • Wheeljack
    He saves me against ROTF Megatron on his SP3. His force shield is so helpful if you have the nano repair
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Soundwave
    ec5dtvskijah.png
    Looks like the Wheeljack hype train is dead, good riddance
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Shockwave
    So here is the breakdown of the Tech class...

First off, a Special Mention to the Tech Sharkticon. Sharkticons really aren't involved in these discussion, but I will mention this one here for one specific reason... when Duped, his SP1 when it connects is a Megatronus killer. Proven fact. Now, onto the ratings.

Soundwave attack style is simple... Connect on a Heavy, you get a Power Gain up to an SP2. Connect on the SP2, you get a Power Gain to SP3. Lather rinse, repeat. Plus, his Sonic Shield Sig works... occasionally.

Jetfire's Parry Shield is great when you can bait your opponent into attacking it. The CPU, however, has gotten wise to my style of attacking, so I rarely get that opportunity to take full advantage of it. His SP3 is good.

Blaster's interference is a great ranged attack. The SP2 and SP3 are nice. Otherwise... he's OK.

Rhinox's greatest asset is his Power Lock and the Bleeds he inflicts with his Specials. One of the few bots that can beat The Fallen with ease.

Ratchet used to be my favorite bot in the game. He's healing abilities saved my skin more than once in AMs (One time, I started out with <10% Health against a pretty potent Galvatron, took 3 SP3s in the fight... and came out with more health than when I started). Nowadays, he's not used as much, even though I maxed him out as an R4. Somehow, Ironhide can destroy him with one SP3, Galvatron is much stronger, and Tronus... we don't talk about that anymore.

Mirage is underrated, but deadly. His Heavy Purifies burns, and his shielding can significantly reduce the damage taken by some of the game's most deadly Demolition Bots. And his SP2 and SP3 attacks are great.

So, it comes down to Shockwave versus Nanojack. Who do I pick? Tough Call. Nanojack has replaced Ratchet as my go-to Tech Bot is critical situations. His abilities are incredible, and I have maxed as a 4*. in most situations, I will use him (particularly in the Fog of War Missions currently ongoing). But, there are too many matchups that can get around that Force Shield when needed. As a fighter, I love to use him. As an opponent, he is beatable.

Can't believe I am going this route, but the calculations agree: Shockwave when Duped is an awesome bot. Can keep the Fallen from Powering up, his Undo allows you to be super aggressive in certain moment, and his Specials will gives most bots fits. True, some bots have ways to beat the One-Eyed Wonder, but this guy isn't the Final Boss in Act 3 just because of his looks. This decision, while painful to admit, is logical.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited August 2019
    Shockwave
    It's out of Shockwave and Jetfire
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Where is the “all of the above” option for us crazy people who use every bot?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Shockwave
    I gotta go with shocky...Wheeljack would be my No2 but shockwaves power is unmatched by the rest of the illogical tech bots
  • Wheeljack
    It’s between Wheeljack and Shockwave, both of them are the best techs in the game, Wheeljack to his upgrades and Shockwave to his power control with shocks
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Shockwave
    DaveJL wrote: »
    It's out of Shockwave and Jetfire

This has my vote — strong debates for either for sure.
  • Rhinox
    My choices are unique lmao