Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mirage

Guys, cmon. I can see good reasons to buff Sideswipe. I disagree with them, but I can understand their points. But Mirage isn’t just a mid level bot. He’s highly regarded by people. His kit already worked amazingly and people rank him as among some of the best bots in the game.

Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Motormaster, Ramjet, Hound, Grindor, Barricade, Demotron, these are all bots who frequently come up in update discussions because they’re seen as inferior choices for any number of reasons.

Why devote dev time and a month of the game to making a strong bot even stronger, instead of working on any number of bots who are commonly criticized and who struggle more.

Comments

• As it stands, and this might change... One of those bots is next.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    As it stands, and this might change... One of those bots is next.

You said ratchet was next but really it was mirage
  • I'm not even gonna lie... that thread you made about sideswipe was awesome. Really loved the dialogue as to the strengths and weaknesses of Sideswipe. However, this is different. Mirage wasn't so much buffed as he was finessed. He just became a little more proficient at switching modes, and his timer was updated. Was this what most people expected for a buff of the month? No. However, it's an effective buff, which doesn't change mirage to make him FAR better, but rather makes him so much more effective.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Calling it now....ROTF Megatron will get the next buff. I personally can’t stand him but that’s my guess.

Remind me in 30 days please r/kabamforumbot
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Calling it now....ROTF Megatron will get the next buff. I personally can’t stand him but that’s my guess.

Raised armor along with melee buffs.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334

You said ratchet was next but really it was mirage

He actually said Ratchet was NOT next.
    I'm not even gonna lie... that thread you made about sideswipe was awesome. Really loved the dialogue as to the strengths and weaknesses of Sideswipe. However, this is different. Mirage wasn't so much buffed as he was finessed. He just became a little more proficient at switching modes, and his timer was updated. Was this what most people expected for a buff of the month? No. However, it's an effective buff, which doesn't change mirage to make him FAR better, but rather makes him so much more effective.

That’s part of why it’s so egregious. It’s a waste of this new “Buff of the Month” in two ways.

For one, Mirage is already an incredibly strong bot. And not just like how Sideswipe was strong. He hits hard and has almost unmatched utility that’s entirely controlled by the player.

And for two, they wasted the whole month on not only a strong bot, but on upgrades that give add very little to a strong bot. Nothing given to him was groundbreaking, most of it is something other characters already have. Nothing he was given was worth dedicating the whole month to. Sideswipe being able to purify shocks made him a direct counter to a whole bunch of bots. Mirage locking buffs means you don’t have they same urgency when using him as before, and requiring more hits to lose his perma-buffs just means you don’t need to be as careful when you use him. They’re minor buffs, but they’re pretty powerful, and they were given to a powerful bot.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Nope, Motormaster. He was the only one of the above bots I also mentioned in my Buff Ratchet thread, where Mike also said “While we won’t be buffing Ratchet anytime soon, we will be addressing one of the bots you’ve mentioned.”
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I don't think they put a whole month to it. But I'm glad they found the time to. Limited in human resource as the TFTF dept. can be, a monthly bot tuning is welcome, and keeps the hopes up. Don't forget they kept the 'reforged' resort at bay.

But I'd agree, buffing Mirage makes him just a bit stronger on players hands, but harder to fight since enemy Mirage often comes with a high sig.

I have a 5* unduped Mirage at r1, and the rebalance doesn't gives me the urge to spend 1M chips.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Nope, Motormaster. He was the only one of the above bots I also mentioned in my Buff Ratchet thread, where Mike also said “While we won’t be buffing Ratchet anytime soon, we will be addressing one of the bots you’ve mentioned.”

The trend so far has been to buff bots that have not cycled through the store yet so if they continue with that, which I guess is likely, then Motormaster is out because he was available in January.

My guess, unless they change plans, is one of Grindor, Demo Megatron or Magnus.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

The trend so far has been to buff bots that have not cycled through the store yet so if they continue with that, which I guess is likely, then Motormaster is out because he was available in January.

In that case, Megs should get it. He’s far and away the worst Demo. Mix is pretty bad without his signature, and still not great with it, but he can at least put out good damage after a lot of effort. But Demotron requires an absurd level of effort, just to wind up dealing very adequate damage.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Guys, cmon. I can see good reasons to buff Sideswipe. I disagree with them, but I can understand their points. But Mirage isn’t just a mid level bot. He’s highly regarded by people. His kit already worked amazingly and people rank him as among some of the best bots in the game.

Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Motormaster, Ramjet, Hound, Grindor, Barricade, Demotron, these are all bots who frequently come up in update discussions because they’re seen as inferior choices for any number of reasons.

Why devote dev time and a month of the game to making a strong bot even stronger, instead of working on any number of bots who are commonly criticized and who struggle more.

One - get bots closer to tronus, he is op. The best way is to catch bots up to it.
    Two - if you dont use sp3(or dont have time in a fight) mirage doesnt do a ton of damage.
    I am a mirage fan btw.

Grindor does well. Sp2 all the way. Hound does decent, not a top bot but works. The others are
    synergy bots.
    Swipe I havent used, he seems ok now during arenas.
    MM dude really? I havent used him since the game launched, but I see sick damage in pics and vids.

Do you use these bots, or just comment to comment?
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Magnus please

In that case, Megs should get it. He’s far and away the worst Demo. Mix is pretty bad without his signature, and still not great with it, but he can at least put out good damage after a lot of effort. But Demotron requires an absurd level of effort, just to wind up dealing very adequate damage.

Not true. But he does need synergies.
    Rocsolid wrote: »

He needs synergies, and his problem is the wait involved in getting to his damage, not so much his output. He doesn’t deal any more damage than Galvatron or Ironhide, and only puts out a little bit more than Ramjet can. But unlike those three, getting Mixmasters maximum damage is a serious pain. You can’t use any special attacks for roughly a minute, and then you need to land an Acid debuff. Only then are you guaranteed any meaningful damage, and even then your need to be using a special 2 or 3. His signature helps him out, but you need to play in a riskier way to take advantage of it. Compare to Ironhide and Galvatron, who easily deal a similar amount of damage without constantly waiting.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019

I honestly think with some few additions, Demotron could be quite powerful. He's not too efficient to play, as he relies on Impair Charges to get one unsatisfying "big" hit and he's honestly one of the easiest bots to fight against in the whole game. Given how Faction leaders are known for being at the near top of their class, he SHOULD be more powerful.
    Suggestion:
    Megatron (RotF) Buffs

-Impair Charges:
    •Each Impair Charge lowers the Opponent's Resistance by 0.35~0.75% (All Charges: Up to 34.7~74.3%)

Makes Demotron not have to rely on his Impair Charge Detonation in order to deal a lot of damage. Instead his basic attacks racking up damage more and more as the fight goes on, greatly enhancing his specials as well.

-When Unstoppable:
    •Purifies Armor Break

A way for him to counter Tacticians given how his class is supposed to have an advantage against them. Furthermore, it makes the buildup of him being Unstoppable seem more impactful, as the point of his Unstoppable is to give Demotron a breather, so giving it a way to preserve him would make the Unstoppable more worthwhile (and more of a challenge to fight against)

And that's about it.
    They're very small changes, but pretty powerful ones.
    Resistance Debuffs have been shown to be a common and destructive trait for Demos, making it perfect to enhance Megatron's attacks. The Armor Break Purify is a way to expand his Unstoppable a bit further and make him flexible against certain bots.
    He's a Megatron, and even though he may get his butt handed to him in the live-action movies, he should at least have a more terrifying status in this game. Especially if he's the OG Boss of this game.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

I honestly think with some few additions, Demotron could be quite powerful. He's not too efficient to play, as he relies on Impair Charges to get one unsatisfying "big" hit and he's honestly one of the easiest bots to fight against in the whole game. Given how Faction leaders are known for being at the near top of their class, he SHOULD be more powerful.
    Suggestion:
    Megatron (RotF) Buffs

-Impair Charges:
    •Each Impair Charge lowers the Opponent's Resistance by 0.35~0.75% (All Charges: Up to 34.7~74.3%)

Makes Demotron not have to rely on his Impair Charge Detonation in order to deal a lot of damage, instead his basic attacks racking up damage more and more as the fight goes on, greatly enhancing his specials as well.

-When Unstoppable:
    •Purifies Armor Break

A way for him to counter Tacticians given how his class is supposed to have an advantage against them. Furthermore, it makes the buildup of him being Unstoppable seem more impactful, as the point of his Unstoppable is to give Demotron a breather, so giving it a way to preserve him would make the Unstoppable more worthwhile (and more of a challenge to fight against)

And that's about it.
    Resistance Debuffs have been shown to be a common and destructive trait for Demos, making it perfect to enhance Megatron's attacks. The Armor Break Purify is a way to expand his Unstoppable a bit further and make him flexible against certain bots.
    He's a Megatron, and even though he may get his butt handed to him in the live-action movies, he should at least have a more terrifying status in this game. Especially if he's the OG Boss of this game.

I like it. Nice succinct write up. Time to start/revive buff threads for every bot.
  • Rocsolid wrote: »

I disagree. He has some really great synergies with his Bayverse Cons that make Demotron's life a bit easier. Barricade makes Charge generation faster, Grindor gives Unstoppable, and Bonecrusher gives Stun after 20 charges. The synergies themselves are great, but the bot they give it to... not so much. These abilities would have so much more impact if Megatron himself wasn't so... what's the right word... stale? He gets stun and unstoppable, but all it's really gonna do is just add some more Impair Charges to give us an unsatisfying hit. The synergies themselves good, but if Megatron had much more going for him, then they would truly be impactful for him.

Suggestion:
    Megatron (RotF) Buffs

-Impair Charges:

Makes Demotron not have to rely on his Impair Charge Detonation in order to deal a lot of damage, instead his basic attacks racking up damage more and more as the fight goes on, greatly enhancing his specials as well.

-When Unstoppable:
    •Purifies Armor Break

And that's about it.

I like it. Nice succinct write up. Time to start/revive buff threads for every bot.

I really do like what Kabam is doing with this whole "Buff of the Month" thing, it really helps to give older bots a place with stronger bots. Hope it becomes a full norm.

I disagree. He has some really great synergies with his Bayverse Cons that make Demotron's life a bit easier. Barricade makes Charge generation faster, Grindor gives Unstoppable, and Bonecrusher gives Stun after 20 charges. The synergies themselves are great, but the bot they give it to... not so much. These abilities would have so much more impact if Megatron himself wasn't so... what's the right word... stale? He gets stun and unstoppable, but all it's really gonna do is just add some more Impair Charges to give us an unsatisfying hit. The synergies themselves good, but if Megatron had much more going for him, then they would truly be impactful for him.

Suggestion:
    Megatron (RotF) Buffs

-Impair Charges:

-When Unstoppable:
    •Purifies Armor Break

And that's about it.

I really do like what Kabam is doing with this whole "Buff of the Month" thing, it really helps to give older bots a place with stronger bots. Hope it becomes a full norm.

I’d like it a whole lot more if they were buffing some of the bots who need it. That’s why I made this thread. Because Mirage is one of a handful of old bots already able to effectively stand up to anyone, new or not. So him being prioritized is the source of frustration for me.

Also, I assumed the synergies thing was referring to Mixmaster, not Demotron. Seriously, just give Mixmaster something with any of the four Movie cons that he can benefit from.

All the movie cons need something new, Grindor is all defense and no offense unless you get careless fighting him, Barricades main ability is completely based around chance and is overshadowed by later bots who have Backfire, Bonecrusher needs to get hit to make use of his signature and passive, Mixmaster needs to use specials less often than anyone else in the game, and Demotron has terrible AI and like Bonecrusher suffers from a signature and a passive that necessitate you being hit. They’re all among the worst in their class to use.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited August 2019
    I happy they've started updating the core bots to bring them up to new bot standards. You gotta admit,when you put the base bots up to the new ones, they're not only overshadowed, they almost become a waste of resources.
    On that note, I'd like to see Mix be added to the movie Megatron synergy...Forged to Serve I believe it's called.
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »

Suggestion:
    Megatron (RotF) Buffs

-Impair Charges:

-When Unstoppable:
    •Purifies Armor Break

And that's about it.

I’d like it a whole lot more if they were buffing some of the bots who need it. That’s why I made this thread. Because Mirage is one of a handful of old bots already able to effectively stand up to anyone, new or not. So him being prioritized is the source of frustration for me.

Also, I assumed the synergies thing was referring to Mixmaster, not Demotron. Seriously, just give Mixmaster something with any of the four Movie cons that he can benefit from.

All the movie cons need something new, Grindor is all defense and no offense unless you get careless fighting him, Barricades main ability is completely based around chance and is overshadowed by later bots who have Backfire, Bonecrusher needs to get hit to make use of his signature and passive, Mixmaster needs to use specials less often than anyone else in the game, and Demotron has terrible AI and like Bonecrusher suffers from a signature and a passive that necessitate you being hit. They’re all among the worst in their class to use.

Oh if they were referring to Mix then yeah, he does need better synergies. Constructicons Synergy, anyone? I know there's only two of them in the game, but it'll be nice to have it to make their pairing better. Plus, it'll give it a sense of lore. For Mixmaster himself, it's gotten easier to apply acid, making his Crit Rate really good, and especially devastating on Specials. And you don't need to apply Acid for SP2 and 3, as they almost guarantee a Burn Debuff (which counts towards the Crit). I will admit it does take a while for his Specials to rack up, but it could be much quicker if you've mastered parrying with a duped Mix. And if they did change Mix, this would probably be like the FOURTH time he would be reworked. I guess he just never wins...
    Everybody Hates Mix...

I've stated my issue with Demotron, so won't be discussing him.

Bonecrusher is a bit complex with this situation. He's still a great Warrior imo, but he needs a buff to make him shine amongst the other superior Warriors. The only problem is that he's already hell to fight against when you don't have a Brawler, so buffing him would make him more difficult to handle. His damage does come from when the Opponent is bleeding and Manthro suggested a good idea of prolonging his Bleed to utilize the damage better. I think he could benefit from a Constructicons Synergy. It's pretty tricky on how they could handle it or if they will at all, since he doesn't need too many changes.

Grindor though.... yeah he needs a massive change. I know he's supposed to be the third biggest bot in the game so it would make sense if he's tanky, but he's also an expert at close combat. He should be a bot that dishes out more damage through a combo of brute force and strategic prowess. And yes, he hits hard with a high sig, but are you willing to push the opponent's Power bar that far and risk a powerful special? I think they should lower the defense a bit and up the offense. Not 100% sure on what to do for him, I did make a suggestion for him a while back but don't remember it (it was possibly not good as well).

I still like Barricade. Every Scout in the game is really good, so while he isn't considered high amongst his Scout peers, he's still really good. In my way, he's a bit of some Psychological Power Manipulator, as the AI is less likely to activate a Special when Backfire is active, as they acknowledge the damage that it does. This kind of behavior isn't as common with other Backfire appliers such as Scorp (in which the AI is more likely to use a Special with Backfire against him than Barricade) and Jazz, who has the least damaging Backfire out of all of them. So, because the opponent is holding out on a special, it gives Barricade a bit of control of the situation, which you should use for the SP2, as that would allow Barricade to steal all of that power that the opponent was holding back and let the process reset. Only problem is that he has to be duped for this tactic to work better and you have to keep on using ranged to make sure Backfire is applied.

For Mirage, I think it was a way to just make a good bot better and gain more recognition. It is bothersome to have a Buff that lasts half of the special (looking at you Tantrum), so I think it's nice and extends his utility. Did others deserve it more? Yes, they did. But is it a welcome Buff? I think it is.

He needs synergies, and his problem is the wait involved in getting to his damage, not so much his output. He doesn’t deal any more damage than Galvatron or Ironhide, and only puts out a little bit more than Ramjet can. But unlike those three, getting Mixmasters maximum damage is a serious pain. You can’t use any special attacks for roughly a minute, and then you need to land an Acid debuff. Only then are you guaranteed any meaningful damage, and even then your need to be using a special 2 or 3. His signature helps him out, but you need to play in a riskier way to take advantage of it. Compare to Ironhide and Galvatron, who easily deal a similar amount of damage without constantly waiting.

Ya. You aren't playing mix right if you are waiting that long to launch an sp. I'm always up to 6 and 4 of his charges at least when I launch sp2(I always do sp2, damage is higher)
    As for mega, maybe he does need changed a bit. But the synergy with bc and barricade is the best imo.

Ya. You aren't playing mix right if you are waiting that long to launch an sp. I'm always up to 6 and 4 of his charges at least when I launch sp2(I always do sp2, damage is higher)
    As for mega, maybe he does need changed a bit. But the synergy with bc and barricade is the best imo.

Well my 4 star is low level and only just got his signature. But I’ve gotten to two bars of power before and wasn’t even done generating special damage buffs. He’s certainly the best movie con. I’d just say Galvatron and Ironhide are better. Mixmaster is tied with Ramjet and Waspinator in my opinion. They’re all good, just not the best. Ramjet would be higher, considering just how good his abilities and synergies are, but he’s the most heavily bugged character when used by the player, and it brings him down a bit.
  • As it stands, and this might change... One of those bots is next.

Hound must be buffed. He stinks! He is far worse than ANY of those bots, His burns suck, his ability can get him into trouble when he rolls, and his specials are GARBAGE. We've had him for well over a YEAR. Don't you think it is time the big boy deserves a buff?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

Hound must be buffed. He stinks! He is far worse than ANY of those bots, His burns suck, his ability can get him into trouble when he rolls, and his specials are GARBAGE. We've had him for well over a YEAR. Don't you think it is time the big boy deserves a buff?

Don't you mean.... the big boy deserves another buff? Seeing that Hound got a huge buff a few months ago... The problem is... it just wasn't enough.

A point of mine exactly. Hound is not good.

There are bots in this game that are far superior choices for using in battle, and there are bots where you are disadvantaging yourself by using them. Bots like Ultra Magnus and the movie cons make for good enemies because their abilities are based around you hitting them. But since the player typically can’t afford to be hit, and UM and Grindor can’t do damage, they’re harder to use.

It’s my problem with Mirage and Sideswipe being buffed. Say what you will, but Mirage and Sideswipe almost never struggle against any bot. Each of them has maybe one or two counters. And in this game, a players offense is the key to victory while their defense is just a fall back, and they’re both bots with strong offensive abilities and decent defensive abilities. So why buff them, of all people, instead of bots that actively struggle in matches.