Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is the best bot to kill any Primal HA combo on raid?

DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I can actually handle Megatronus. No problem. Rinox can usually beat him, and when he fails, Grimlock typically succeeds. But this Primal HA combo is PISSING ME OFF!!! I want to know THE BEST bot to KICK PRIMAL'S ARSE!

I figured out how to deal with Megatronus on my own, but I can't find a Tactician bot which can deal any serious damage to Primal without taking a lot of damage. At a loss here. Appreciate the help!

Also I have gone through the skills tree and added protections for HA but they don't seem to do anything. What does it take to seriously affect HA or neutralize it completely? Or do the skills in the skills tree hardy ever touch it at all? HA (Harm Accelerator) has been a constant thorn in my side since I started playing.
Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2019
    Cheetor, of course.

If the problem is HA, bring a bot that purifies. Then the problem is reduced to a Primal. That, I suggest test him in Rotk again and again to know his pattern. Especially how to not get caught by his sp1.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    Thank you for the reply. I have a 5-star level 2 Cheetor, and it was unable to do more than maybe 30% damage to a 4-star, awakened, 4,000+ level Primal with HA. As I can't make Cheetor any better for a LONG time (took me 4 months or so to get him to level 2) I need a better solution.
    edited August 2019
    I also used a 4-star awakened Rinox on him - did nothing. And a 5-star, level 2 Grimlock. Got him down to 20% health and that's it. Took out a 10,000+ team.

Yes, I fought on autopilot, and I know I need to learn how to fight manually, blah blah blah. I am very well aware the devs specifically designed parts of the game for manual fighting, learning each bot's fighting style. Believe me I know how much of a disadvantage I am at!

But I will continue to play my way for now, and need solutions for autopilot fighting.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Do you have MV1? When I run into a HA, I typically finish the fight with MORE health because of the healing ability.

• Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    edited August 2019
    This ^

Mv1 Prime, just heals up from the bleeds when you melee, so good.
    Then if you're getting badly beaten, his damage output goes thru the roof so win win
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    I always use Dinobot in a purification team, he is super easy to take down with Dino's armor breaks. Primal is actually one I prefer to encounter on raids, but that may just be me.
  • omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    Mv1 or grimlock duped
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited August 2019
    omernuz wrote: »
    Mv1 or grimlock duped

Grimlock, really? Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with Grimlock, but isn't he a bit pillow fisted to deal with Primal's armor buffs?
    edited August 2019
    I do not have him in a 4-star yet. Just a maxed out 3-star. So I have to hope he becomes available to get with Bot Chips soon. I am surprised that a Brawler is the solution for a Brawler. I would have thought class advantage would play a role. I do have a 4-star Dinobot. Maybe I will max him out, put him on raids and replace with Bumblebee.

Thanks for your help.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Grimlock duped or Tantrum duped is the logical choice. Grimlock will purify HA after 1 second, turning it into a melee buff (also purifies bleeds, shocks, etc the same way). Plus, I do not believe Primal can heal off burns well. Tantrum... you need to build up his Melee buffs to 3, 6, or 9 to purify HA. Also Tantrum's Melee buffs increse his SP2 and SP3 damage. Thundercracker (duped?) is also an option (when you use his heavy, that purifies).
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    If you have him Nemesis prime Destroys him
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    I can actually handle Megatronus. No problem. Rinox can usually beat him, and when he fails, Grimlock typically succeeds. But this Primal HA combo is PISSING ME OFF!!! I want to know THE BEST bot to KICK PRIMAL'S ARSE!

I figured out how to deal with Megatronus on my own, but I can't find a Tactician bot which can deal any serious damage to Primal without taking a lot of damage. At a loss here. Appreciate the help!

Also I have gone through the skills tree and added protections for HA but they don't seem to do anything. What does it take to seriously affect HA or neutralize it completely? Or do the skills in the skills tree hardy ever touch it at all? HA (Harm Accelerator) has been a constant thorn in my side since I started playing.

Grimlock, Tantrum, MV1, or Optimus Primal with 2 other beast wars bots can take on Primal, I really enjoy the Beast Wars synergy because when you have 2 with Primal all 3 bots can purify the HA
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Put dinobot on a beast team
  • Primal v Primal is always a good bet, especially if you put him on a team with your Cheetor and another BW character (I usually use Primal, Cheetor, and Rhinox for raids) so he can get the Beast Purification and nullify the HA.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Put dinobot on a beast team

This. Heavy to purify, and then his hits deal 50%(? I think) armour penetration. Easy way to take him down.

Outside dinobot, g1 meg does the job fairly quickly. As does Magnus.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I've gotten into beast purification synergy recently, so that and Dinobot for me.
    If no beast purification then I just try and finish it as soon as possible
    edited August 2019
    So I have a 4-star awakened Tantrum, a 4-star awakened 1st gen Meg, and a 4-star unawakened Primal and a 4-star awakened Dinobot. I typically raid with a 5-star level 2 unawakened Cheetor and a 4 -star awakened maxed out Rinox. I also have a 5-star level 2 Grimlock, but he failed to beat Primal so he's out of consideration. Which one of these, the Tantrum, the Meg, Dinobot and the Primal, should I focus on for my Primal killer?

Thank you,
  • Tantrum can shut down the HA with his sig unlocked and 3 melee buffs, then just dash, pound, heavy and repeat until he's dead. It may take a bit until you can build up his SP3 and at least 6 melee buffs but he can do it.

For me, the easiest AND fastest way is Dinobot. He'll take some damage from the HA, but his class advantage reduces a lot of the HA damage to begin with. And with Dinobot, use heavies to get a bleed and then you can break through blocks and whittle him down to size very fast. Use SP1s on Primal. The armor breaks really make him vulnerable and the SP1 itself takes out a huge chunk of Primal's health each time. With the armor breaks, like the bleeds, Dinobot can punch through blocks with his basic melee attacks. It may sound like a lot of work, but I can tear a Primal down with Dinobot sometimes in less than 30 seconds and always in less than a minute and lose maybe 5-10% health from the HA.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    So I have a 4-star awakened Tantrum, a 4-star awakened 1st gen Meg, and a 4-star unawakened Primal and a 4-star awakened Dinobot. I typically raid with a 5-star level 2 unawakened Cheetor and a 4 -star awakened maxed out Rinox. I also have a 5-star level 2 Grimlock, but he failed to beat Primal so he's out of consideration. Which one of these, the Tantrum, the Meg, Dinobot and the Primal, should I focus on for my Primal killer?

Thank you,

I say Primal/Dinobot/Rhinox or Cheetor to form the legendary furry squad. Works every time
  • GrooGroo Posts: 163
    Tantrum. He can deal with any bot on HA, and any bot that deals dot in general. Once you get a melee buffs going + unstoppable the fights are over before you know it. He’s a monster in raids. And he works just fine without synergies.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited August 2019
    It's very difficult to overlook the fact that you refuse to fight manually rather than autofight. Autofighting requires you to have substantially stronger bots than the one you are facing, because the autofighting is dumb and bad.

My r5 5* og megatron would absolutely wreck a 4000pi primal by autofighting in a raid, but if he was r2 or even r3? Probably not.

So the answer is "any substantially stronger bot"
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Tantrum to be sure. Hold block for a couple seconds, gain that unstoppable, and keep dashing back and forth until you Frenzy and purify the debuff. You’ll take some damage, but after that, you’re just left with Primal going against the biggest damage dealer in the game. Easy win
  • Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

I know I need to learn how to fight manually. And I am well aware that my bots have to be pretty freakin' maxed out to beat other high level bots. I know my limitations. Just wanted to know where I should invest my upgrades - thinking Dinobot. I just have to replace him because he is currently guarding my base with a SR.

It's either that or I max out Bumblebee and hope his high forge level and class advantage can handle it. He is handing the other bot I struggle with sometimes - Grindor.

Or I just max out Tantrum for now and bring him in whenever there are a lot of Brawlers on a base. I will sit on it.

Anyone else notice that half the time, Grimlock is an absolute beast, ripping apart other bots even on auto. But the other half of the time he stands there, or spews his first attack too early, or something. I get streaks of him acting awesome followed by really, terribly bad streaks. You would think his AI would be more consistent.

Oh and I do not fight completely automatically. I do time the SPs and sort of aid my bot that way - when they actually work with me. Sometimes I get frustrated, kick it into manual, and press the advantage. Especially when they are standing there, their opponent at 4% health or so, and just bullet sponging.

So I am not COMPLETELY on autopilot. I do actually do SOME work...
    Yeah, you need to stop depending on autofighting, or you’ll get nowhere fast. There is just no way will get you through tough bases on raids, or arenas, or Expert/master spotlight, not to mention AM. so learn to fight manually, and save autofights for easy to hard spotlight, and the occacional easy arena fights.
    Some good advice: watch some videos by INightskies or Synthwave or others on YouTube, and you will instantly get better, I know I did :)
  • @Groo is right...autoplay is absolutely terrible...even using autoplay and "timing your special attacks" is bad...just don't use autoplay at all unless the bot you're fighting has MUCH lower rating than yours
  • Or unless you have a good Bonecrusher.