Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How does a new account catch up to all the other people who are way ahead?

especially beta players, atleast in mcoc there is a beginer and intermediate tier... i feel that arenas right now you barely get any rewards from grinding with a small roster

Comments

• Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Beta players no longer have ANY advantage
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Trying to compare this game to MCOC at this point is sort of a false equivalency. MCOC has a roster of hundreds (when you include all variations of 2/3/4/5* champs), where as this games roster is only a fraction of the size. The player populations are also equally lopsided.

Obtaining a solid roster in this game takes longer and seems more difficult because whats available in this game is so much less than whats available in MCOC. So, just think of this game as a very early version of MCOC in many ways.

The arena cutoffs, however, I do tend to agree with you on. I really dislike the fact that they have a set limit to a set number for how many people can rank high enough to get the featured bot in arena. IMO, having a set number like this caters to people who either spend an ungodly amount of time doing arenas, or people who dump a large amount of cash into the game. The arena system, as it stands now, really does not work well for the casual or even semi-casual player. I have seen numerous threads from people who have claimed to spend days doing nothing but arena grind and still did not earn enough to be one of the top 50.

I think earlier in the game, a mod stated that there was not enough of a solid player base to justify different tiers for arena - which I could fully believe. However the player base has grown since then, and in my opinion, I think the arena system should at least be changed to a set % number for top rewards, as opposed to a set static number (for example, if the Top 5% got the featured bot, it would widen the pool of winners, causing more people to want to play and try).
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    How to "catch up":

Earn 4* crystal shards.

Redeem 4* shards for 4* bot.

Wait for fast pass offers. Buy said offers.

Voila, caught up in no time.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    The beta was many many months ago lol new starting off now is hard to catch up unless you spend
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    There's no need to hurry when the game doesn't have real PVP. The closest thing you'll get is Raid, but you always have somebody to rob from, don't worry.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Of course if you're just starting out, it seems like an impossible mountain to climb. However, put in 4+ months of play and then see where you're at.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I echo the sentiments of Amano. Whatever advantage Beta players had is completely gone. We had our progress highly restricted. The gates opened up a bit a few months after launch, and everyone is fairly even at this point.

If you're a new player, you just gotta grind like we did at the start.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    I became a beta tester hoping it would give me an advantage. Nope... Just got my first 4* a month ago. You need a good alliance to progress
  • Options
    KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited August 2017
    especially beta players, atleast in mcoc there is a beginer and intermediate tier... i feel that arenas right now you barely get any rewards from grinding with a small roster

Grind in Arena for Arena chips when does buy a couple of Arena crystals that sometimes gives Energon and a lot of gold. Finish all Act 1 & 2. Join a active alliance that can hit all Alliance event mission. And finish all of Spotlight Mission does gives OK rewards.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Currently all you need to complete all the content in the game is about 3 4/40 3* bots. Those should be fairly easy to aquire, so I would say it's easy to catch up currently.

And "Beta Players", seriously wtf. If they didn't keep up the pace when the game launched those will be WAAAY behind.
  • Options
    MezoriMezori Posts: 38
    A little $$ off the start buying a few crystals will catch you up extremely quick. As mentioned before you can get very far in this game at the moment with only 3*s. Be sure to log in each day as they seem to be giving a 3* away with the calendar each month. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    See, there is a different level of Beta Players out there. The one's with the alliance of Alpha for example, they have and continue to have an advantage. They were able to obtain level 2/5 4* bots months ago before alpha essence became easier to obtain. Now that it can be obtain from multiple sources, they are able to rank those 4* bots up even higher. As with most games, there are usually different levels of beta tests and testers.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I'm not a beta player and yet I'm currently in Alpha (granted only for a week at the moment). To do it, I bought the 3* Bee and UM when I first started playing in the 2nd or 3rd week after global lunch. Then I also bought 4* MV1 because I was getting smashed by harm accelerators in raids (my best brawler was a 3* Grindor and I had zero 4* bots at that stage). Then I also bought 5,000 t2b that was packaged with a Grimlock's Bounty or whatever its called. I used the energon it came with to buy some other deal two weeks later that got me another 5,000 t2b, so I could r3 a 4* bot. We also get enough t2b through AM that I was able to r3 another 4* bot

I bought a few other things along the way, like some daily deals, but those didn't really help at all. It was the deals that give you an entry to the next level of gameplay that really count.

Granted, that all cost about US$250, which is much more than many people would be willing to spend on a game (and much less than other people are willing to spend). But I spend a *lot* of time playing Kabam's games over several months, so I figured they earned it

My normal alliance, Bravo, I think has only a couple of people who were beta players and we usually rank 5-8 in AM. I havent used any items in AM playing in Bravo for months, so it's not like we're all high rollers spending hundreds / week to stay ahead of the pack

If you want to get into a top tier alliance, it's pretty easy. There are a bunch of alliance families with entry points at several levels.
    Alpha, Bravo, Zulu and Deltâ are all part of one alliance family. If you join Zulu or Delta, it makes it more likely to be recruited into Bravo. And that makes it more likely to get to Alpha. with four alliances, there's a vacancy just about every week

OV and Force have similar systems

Of course the other way to do it is just spend thousands on featured crystals so you have every 4* bot and zillions of class ore to rank them with, and loads of surplus 2-3* bots to forge them with. You can catch up in a few weeks if you're willing to pay!
  • Options
    The new crystal bounty arena means it'd be possible to get a decent team of 3 4*r2 bots in about 2 months without spending a penny - and you'd get a few 3* bots on the way through to complete your team for story and for raiding during AM events.

You'd still have a way to go with forging but 2 months isn't really a long time in games like this, especially if you don't want to spend.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2017
    jjack314 wrote: »
    See, there is a different level of Beta Players out there. The one's with the alliance of Alpha for example, they have and continue to have an advantage. They were able to obtain level 2/5 4* bots months ago before alpha essence became easier to obtain. Now that it can be obtain from multiple sources, they are able to rank those 4* bots up even higher. As with most games, there are usually different levels of beta tests and testers.

When global was released beta players combined had 5 r4 total on entire server. It took us months to get a single alpha. So we didn't have r2 bots by the droves before anyone else. Only real advantage beta players had was we could acquire better bot rosters but even then we were limited to 14-15 bots by global. And most of the top beta players, spent a good amount of money in beta and still currently do to be at the top. But as stated I have plenty of players in the ov family that never played beta and have as good accounts or better than some beta players.

Look at the Asian alliances they didn't even exist in beta and they finish in tops in arena and have some highest account rosters

And as all have said run arena as much as you can to accumulate 3-4* shards for crystals or spend money no way around it.
  • Options
    BubianBubian Posts: 82
    That pretty much sums it up. There's 8 players in Alliance Alpha from beta. And some spent money, some didn't. Alpha is p2p, so of course we're way ahead. We recruited other like-minded players to complete very high difficulty levels in AM. If you don't spend money, compare yourself to other f2p alliances from beta. You're either the same or ahead of them.