Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bonecrusher buff

Just to go with the trend I'm going to make a bonecrusher buff thread...and here's what I would do:

Bonecrusher is Immune to bleed

SP1: Bleed chance increased from 73% to 75%
The bleed deals 115% attack over 3 seconds

SP2: bleed DMG increased from 58.3% ATK over 7 seconds to 65% ATK over 4 seconds

SP3: Bleed power increased from 160% ATK over 14 seconds to 250% ATK over 30 seconds

Bonecrushers power rate is decreased by 10%

The more bleeds the opponent has the more power rate bonecrusher has (up to 10 bleeds increasing power rate by 100%)

SIGNATURE: BLOOD IS MY ALLY:

It does one of 3 things (switchable by blocking)

Bleed Bounce: When a bleed is inflicted on Bonecrusher the bleed is reflected on to his opponent (it is reflected even when bonecrusher has a bleed and switches to Bleed Bounce)

Thorns: When the opponent attacks bonecrusher damage is dealt to them equal to 2% of bonecrushers attack

Cuts come in pairs: When a bleed is inflicted on an opponent there is a 40% chance that another bleed that is exactly the same will be inflicted on them

(For the glory of @PUNchliner )

Comments

• NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Um. Why... just... why?

Unless instead of titling this thread "Bonecrusher Buff" you actually meant to type "I Hate My Fellow Players and This is How I Would Fill Their Lives with Unbearable Agony and Endless Torment." Perhaps you just accidentally pressed the wrong keys. ;)
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Um. Why... just... why?

Unless instead of titling this thread "Bonecrusher Buff" you actually meant to type "I Hate My Fellow Players and This is How I Would Fill Their Lives with Unbearable Agony and Endless Torment." Perhaps you just accidentally pressed the wrong keys. ;)

Bonecrusher is insignificant this makes him significant...and most players use bleed purifying or bleed immune bots against him...also:

Make his A.I a lot worse
    Tbh...the SP3's bleed should deal 175% ATK
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019
    Is this for the intent of making him a better Defender or better for the Player?

If you buff him for the player's experience, keep in mind how hellish he could be as a Defender because he still is quite tricky to fight against (if you don't have a Brawler), especially of you amplify his bleed.

To prevent him from being more difficult on Defense but to increase the player's satisfaction, I think it would be better if he gained a bonus ability through a synergy.

Construticons:
    Bonecrusher: Increases Damage of Special Attacks by 15~30% when the Opponent is Bleeding
    Mixmaster: Time it takes to produce Special Attack/Crit Damage charges is reduced by 1~2 second(s).

No worries about Bonecrusher being more tedious to fight against but the player gets to have more fun with him. It's a win-win. And Mixmaster gets some love too because everybody love Mixmaster. Everybody.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    BC with a beefed up sig is insanely powerful as a player IMO, but hey if you wanna make him stronger I’m all for it.. will be fun to clear spotlights with one guy
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2019
    Just to go with the trend I'm going to make a bonecrusher buff thread...and here's what I would do:

SP2: bleed DMG increased from 58.3% ATK over 7 seconds to 65% ATK over 4 seconds

SP3: Bleed power increased from 160% ATK over 14 seconds to 250% ATK over 30 seconds

The more bleeds the opponent has the more power rate bonecrusher has (up to 10 bleeds increasing power rate by 100%)

Bleed Bounce: When a bleed is inflicted on Bonecrusher the bleed is reflected on to his opponent (it is reflected even when bonecrusher has a bleed and switches to Bleed Bounce)

Thorns: When the opponent attacks bonecrusher damage is dealt to them equal to 2% of bonecrushers attack

Cuts come in pairs: When a bleed is inflicted on an opponent there is a 40% chance that another bleed that is exactly the same will be inflicted on them

(For the glory of @PUNchliner )

In order to take advantage of BC passive skills, you want LONGER bleeds, not more powerful shorter bleeds.

Otherwise, he has an even harder time taking advantage of his innate evade control, and power rate gain/debuff on bleeding opponents.

By shortening the bleed duration on his specials, you are actually nerfing him.

Keep the overall damage of the bleed the same, just stretch it out over longer duration for heavy attacks and specials. Everything except the ones he triggers when getting hit... Those are long enough as is.

Manthro wrote: »

(For the glory of PUNchliner )

In order to take advantage of BC passive skills, you want LONGER bleeds, not more powerful shorter bleeds.

Otherwise, he has an even harder time taking advantage of his innate evade control, and power rate gain/debuff on bleeding opponents.

By shortening the bleed duration on his specials, you are actually nerfing him.

Keep the overall damage of the bleed the same, just stretch it out over longer duration across the board for everything except the ones he triggers when getting hit... Those are long enough as is.

That makes sense
  • Bonecrusher is a great bot anyway. His only real let down is his lack of useful synergies. He would benefit from something interesting and/or cross-continuity, as he only has fairly vanilla syngeries with a handful of the bayverse bots.
  • I... I’m home.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Lol. BC only needs to have longer bleed duration on his heavies and SP2 to make his signature ability more worthwhile. They can reduce the bleed damage, I don’t care. Even without high bleed damage, this bot can still be a good power controller/hard hitter when awakened
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I kinda feel that opponents that attack with swords shouldn't bleed when hitting him also.
  • Maximus_PrimeMaximus_Prime Posts: 22
    edited August 2019
    Perhaps we should open a thread to discuss buffs. It would be more useful in the short term than that about new characters 🤣
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Perhaps we should open a thread to discuss buffs. It would be more useful in the short term than that about new characters 🤣

If someone doesn’t, I happily will. It’d help focus on who the community thinks needs the buffs the most, that way we won’t wind up with any more Sideswipe and Mirage scenarios where we’re helping good bots and ignoring problematic ones.

Seriously, dedicating a whole month to buffing Mirage is the equivalent of mugging a homeless guy for all their change, giving that change to Jeff Bezos, and then locking away the homeless guy for a month.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    I kinda feel that opponents that attack with swords shouldn't bleed when hitting him also.

I feel that especially when I fight with bludgeon.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    DrShotgun wrote: »

I feel that especially when I fight with bludgeon.

When you think about it, there are ALOT of sword wielding fighter .. Motormaster, Bludgeon,Windblade, Dinobot,Grimlock, Drift,I'm sure there's more, just spitballing...shouldn't bleed when hitting Bone
    edited September 2019
    Is everyone still on about sword wielding bots shouldn't bleed?

😆😆

Let it go. We're playing a game where autonomous sentient robots from another planet travel through dimensions to fight their doppelgangers.

For all we know, their swords are an extension of their limb. Therefore the sword can bleed.

If you want reality, watch the news.

I mean.. his name is Bonecrusher. Robots don't have bones, so he can't crush anything.
  • Manthro wrote: »

😆😆

Let it go. We're playing a game where autonomous sentient robots from another planet travel through dimensions to fight their doppelgangers.

For all we know, their swords are an extension of their limb. Therefore the sword can bleed.

I mean.. his name is Bonecrusher. Robots don't have bones, so he can't crush anything.

A, they actually do have skeletons in universe, every Transformer does

B, we know for sure that their swords are not extensions of their bodies

C, it’d make for a genuinely interesting mechanic and knock BC down a notch. He’s a goon who got killed after three minutes of screen time, yet he’s a hard counter to all but seven bots in the game, and two of those ones barely count(Soundwave and Megatronus). A lot of bots only specifically counter two to four others, and some bots don’t actually counter anyone in particular.

Make a feature where melee weapons don’t cause bleeds, Primes axe, Megatrons flail, Magnus’ hammer, everyone using swords, but their standard punches and kicks still do. The only character in the game who exclusively uses a sword in all of his melee attacks is Dinobot, so everyone with a melee weapon would be able to fare better against him, but wouldn’t completely annihilate him like those five hard counters can.
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

😆😆

You sure about that? In g1, Megatron's flail and Optimus' axe were most definitely an extension of their limbs

dx8y9pyd1wd0.jpg

😆😆

You sure about that? In g1, Megatron's flail and Optimus' axe were most definitely an extension of their limbs

dx8y9pyd1wd0.jpg

Bay prime, and TFP optimus had swords and guns that extend from their limbs also.

😆😆

dx8y9pyd1wd0.jpg

Bay prime, and TFP optimus had swords and guns that extend from their limbs also.

And don't even get me started on the fact that some weapons are ALIVE. But still, it's pretty obvious that blud's sword is not a part of him, but Meg's flail I think should still cause bleeds.

😆😆

dx8y9pyd1wd0.jpg

And don't even get me started on the fact that some weapons are ALIVE. But still, it's pretty obvious that blud's sword is not a part of him, but Meg's flail I think should still cause bleeds.

Who knows though... I mean, even swords that aren't attached are sometimes considered an extension of a person.

Take the Sword of Omens in Thundercats, for example. If the Eye of Thundera is destroyed, all Thundercats die.

Drift's Great Sword draws power from the wielder itself.

I know, I'm just being difficult. It's just not as clear cut as everyone thinks.

😆😆

dx8y9pyd1wd0.jpg

Who knows though... I mean, even swords that aren't attached are sometimes considered an extension of a person.

Take the Sword of Omens in Thundercats, for example. If the Eye of Thundera is destroyed, all Thundercats die.

Drift's Great Sword draws power from the wielder itself.

I know, I'm just being difficult. It's just not as clear cut as everyone thinks.

I mean, the great sword reference is pretty legit.

Ouch. Very very punny...
  • Or... attacks on BC cause chunks to break off him and poke the attacker in the face, causing grievous bleeding wounds.. weapons should double the effect!