Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Demos--Megatronus vs. Galvatron

With this Generations thing going on, I was able to get the 5* Galvatron. Recently, I asked you guys here about ranking up Ironhide or Megatronus, got a lot of good reasons for either, more for Megatronus, and up he ranked. But now that I've landed 5* Galvatron, I'm hesitating on continuing to rank up Megatronus or switch to Galvatron. I know the good points for Megatronus, but my hesitation comes from Galvatron being able to dish out some seriously stupid amounts of damage with specials and heavies and his dark burn seems to outperform Megatronus' dark burn by a huge degree. Yes, I know he doesn't have life- or power stealing, but he just seems to dish out so much more damage. And I'm making this comparison based on my 5* R3/30 Megatronus and my 4* 5/50, nearly maxed sig/forge Galvatron.

I did throw $$ down for that energon deal that got me the T4 class spark crystal--and got a T4 demo crystal--so one of them will be getting up to R5 in the near future, I'm just really not sure which way to go. I have been getting better with Megatronus, and I'm starting to like playing him, but I'm much more familiar with Galvatron and that is possibly why I'm hesitating on which to advance.

So...any helpful advice/thoughts/opinions?

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    It depends, if you suck go for megatronus he can survive for a long time.
    If you dont suck then go for galvatron, learn to play him efficiently and he deals so much damage, more than tronus could dream of
  • How good are you at staying alive? Because Galvatron has zero survivability. His only defensive cushion is his high base health.

If you tend to get hit, go with Megatronus, because he has a powerful life steal, his relic of preservation mitigates tons of damage, and his passive weakens literally everyone in the game defensively and offensively. He’s the best in the game because he has almost every standard ability around(except a Critical Damage Buff, an Evade and a DOT), it’s just hard to be bad using him.

But Galvatron hits harder. In fact, Galvatron probably hits the hardest out of everyone in the game. Only Mixmaster and Ironhide have him beat, but getting their full potential is a lot harder than getting Galvatrons. And his signature is amazing. His whole kit is very befitting of a demonic space barbarian.
  • If you have Shockwave or Cyclonus in your team go for Galv. The synergies are great! If not it's probably down to personal preference on playstyle and the points mentioned above. (I would go with Galv though)
  • Hahaha, Kitten, I don't suck, but I'm not quite efficient at Galvatron. I'm decent with him, but not a ninja by any stretch. I do like watching him melt bots with his dark burn though and I'm pretty good at it. I do like that he's super dangerous without his sig, with it, moreso, but he can be a terror without it.

And I'm leaning toward him because Megatronus is the $5 crack ho to Windblade's pimp, he's literally made to be destroyed by her--kinda like Wheeljack--and there's pretty much no defense. Her Stormfall Blast craps all over his health like Fat Bastard in a port-a-potty and drops him down to his relic of immortality in record time. But I do have a lot less experience with Megatronus, so that is also a factor why I'm leaning toward Galvatron, and that bias is kinda why I'm asking for advice too. Its probably gonna be a while before I get another T4C of any color, so I want to make sure I make the best choice for the long term.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    edited September 2019
    Tronus. No contest.

Whilst Galvatron can boost his damage, you have to set him up, Tronus is straight up ready to rumble from the get go. And a maxed out Tronus (r5 5 star f100) can crit off regulars up to 3k in some cases. Plus if you have the Relic of Protection on when you fire an SP2, the life steal is utterly insane, and the combined damage output of that and the giant punch afterwards and youve outstripped Galvatrons boosted damage.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    If I’ve learned anything on the forums from players who don’t have him, Megatronus sucks balls and needs to be nerfed. So I guess Galvatron?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    They're both great bots, but in the end decisions like this will always come down to play style, skill, how much you like gambling, and what kind of damage output is most gratifying to you.

I love Galvatron's damage output. I love seeing the screenshots posted of his sp3 from guys who have him r5 max forged, but I don't think I'd enjoy playing him. His chance to both dark burn on heavies and crit on specials are not enough for me to want to gamble on (I get pissed when I risk the chance to get him to 30 charges, hit someone with a heavy and nothing happens; same thing with his specials not critting). I often make mistakes too in trying to make things happen by rushing them because I know his timer is going to expire and then I've gotta hold block down again to start over. For me, that's very disruptive for when I'm trying to get into a good rhythm, but I know that's not an issue for other players who like him.

With Tronus, the damage output is very consistent because you're seeing it in both his light and medium attacks during combos (and when his heavy crits, it's great; crit + dark burn=win). So while yes, it's awesome to see that 80k sp3 crit hit from Galvatron, you also have to realize that you're not going to see that in every fight. Galvatron is very high risk, high reward, hence the gambler comment above. Tronus is a safer bet because his crits are coming in standard combos and in the end that damage output probably adds up close to what Galvatron does on a special that crits anyway, so it's a wash.

But that's why we play this game, right? There's a bot out there for everyone's play style to enjoy and a bot out there we can all try to get better at using; it all just comes down to what your wants/needs are at this time.

Hope that helps.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    They're both great bots, but in the end decisions like this will always come down to play style, skill, how much you like gambling, and what kind of damage output is most gratifying to you.

I love Galvatron's damage output. I love seeing the screenshots posted of his sp3 from guys who have him r5 max forged, but I don't think I'd enjoy playing him. His chance to both dark burn on heavies and crit on specials are not enough for me to want to gamble on (I get pissed when I risk the chance to get him to 30 charges, hit someone with a heavy and nothing happens; same thing with his specials not critting). I often make mistakes too in trying to make things happen by rushing them because I know his timer is going to expire and then I've gotta hold block down again to start over. For me, that's very disruptive for when I'm trying to get into a good rhythm, but I know that's not an issue for other players who like him.

With Tronus, the damage output is very consistent because you're seeing it in both his light and medium attacks during combos (and when his heavy crits, it's great; crit + dark burn=win). So while yes, it's awesome to see that 80k sp3 crit hit from Galvatron, you also have to realize that you're not going to see that in every fight. Galvatron is very high risk, high reward, hence the gambler comment above. Tronus is a safer bet because his crits are coming in standard combos and in the end that damage output probably adds up close to what Galvatron does on a special that crits anyway, so it's a wash.

But that's why we play this game, right? There's a bot out there for everyone's play style to enjoy and a bot out there we can all try to get better at using; it all just comes down to what your wants/needs are at this time.

Hope that helps.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been testing Galavtron out in Expert, not even Master, and I am almost always under siege by the AI while trying to build up charges. And his Dark Burns, forget it, supposedly he has a 51% chance to Dark Burn on a heavy when he has 30 charges, not in my experiences not even close. I'd say in my experiences he Dark Burns 20-25% of the time at most.

I checked out Omega Primes last night, one of the top alliances for those who don't know, and not single player has Galvatron in their top 3. Pretty telling for a bot that has so much damage potential.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Megatronus' damage output, he might not put up the astronomical damage Galvatron is capable of, but the damage you get from Megatronus is more than satisfactory and he reliably gives you so much more than Galvatron.
  • For all I agree tronus is the best in the game, there’s not many more satisfying moments than watching galv’s sig proc as your opponent dashes in, only to eat an unstoppable combo. Preferably followed by a monster sp2.

So enjoyable to watch.
    As for the no dark burn on heavy issue, have you guys tried landing a couple after a stun from sp1? There’s time to land 2 heavies if I remember correctly (forged away a while ago). Usually one of them will crit at least, if not trigger the dark burn.
  • Last two sum it up perfectly. Galvatron is random which makes him a very feast or famine bot, whereas Tronus is consistent.

Personally I hate feast or famine playstyles which is why I hate the demo class, outside Tronus and Waspinator, the only bots in the class with a consistent damage curve.