Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Prowl, Cyclonus, or Mirage: Major Dupage!

Question: Who is the superior bot to buy. I Just got 1,000,000 chips, and I'm thinking about whether to save it or spend it. Prowl may be out of the question if I can get 10,000 more generations chips, because he's the farthest away, so if I grind I could theoretically get enough chips to buy him. But I'm not sure if it's worth that much grinding. Prowl or Mirage would be awakenings, and Cyclonus would be a new 5-star regardless. However, you all are all going to ask about my team. It was easier for me to list it by class. All are 3,500 and above. The one in the class I use most is listed first.

Tact: OGMT, OGP
Brawler: Tantrum
Warrior: Bludgeon, Scorponok
Scout: Kickback Prowl - I use them both equally.
Tech: Wheeljack, Mirage.
Demo: Tronus Galvatron - I use them both equally.

Thanks for voting!

Prowl, Cyclonus, or Mirage: Major Dupage! 17 votes

Just dupe Prowl with Bot Chips
17%
KillMasterCbillygovolsOptimalOptimus_MV1 3 votes
Just get Cyclonus with Bot Chips
23%
JohnimusSonerbabaserdoodKitten 4 votes
Just dupe Mirage with Bot Chips
0%
Grind for G-chips and get both Prowl and Cyclonus
35%
BlackRazakCeltFallingInStereoTechnobotNorthernLightRCHijacker2531 6 votes
Grind for G-chips and get both Prowl and Mirage
5%
Sycko5 1 vote
Grind for G-chips and get 2 Prowls
0%
Just use G-chips and don't get a Bot chip Prowl
0%
Save for a better bot
17%
BeastdadJIMMY_SABDecimus234 3 votes

Comments

• TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2019
    How in the world do you have so many awesome bots as 5*s? I have almost twice as many 5* bots, but aside from OGP & OGM, I don’t have anywhere near your lineup of great bots... (OK, I do have Primal, so I guess he counts, but other than that...)

Should also point out I have 18000+ Generation chips at present, so it is possible to grind your way to 2 5*s.
  • Grind for G-chips and get both Prowl and Cyclonus
    Technobot wrote: »
    How in the world do you have so many awesome bots as 5*s? I have almost twice as many 5* bots, but aside from OGP & OGM, I don’t have anywhere near your lineup of great bots... (OK, I do have Primal, so I guess he counts, but other than that...)

LOL. I'm so sorry @Technobot ! Except for Galvatron, Prowl, and Mirage, the rest of the bots are all 4-star. I'm not THAT good. Most are above 4,000 pi tho.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2019
    Technobot wrote: »

LOL. I'm so sorry @Technobot ! Except for Galvatron, Prowl, and Mirage, the rest of the bots are all 4-star. I'm not THAT good. Most are above 4,000 pi tho.

Not a problem, though I wish I would have recognized you had only those 3 5*s. I’m sitting with a million bot chips at present myself, but I’m saving up for when Megatronus is available as a 5*. Of course, I could get him with my Generation Chips if I can get 2000 more of those, but my top Priority with the Generation Chips is getting a 4* G1 Bee first, then go for the 5* Megatronus. Still your call, though.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2019
    This can be deleted, sorry decided not to say anything.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Save for a better bot
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    This can be deleted, sorry decided not to say anything.

Delete bot where are you?
  • This option was not in the list, but I think:

Buy Cyclonus with bot chips, and dupe him with G-chips OR dupe Mirage with G-chips.. Mirage is a lot better with his signature I think :)
  • This option was not in the list, but I think:

Buy Cyclonus with bot chips, and dupe him with G-chips OR dupe Mirage with G-chips.. Mirage is a lot better with his signature I think :)

Depends on skill I guess with mirage. To be honest, with his basic ranged still power draining a blocked opponent means little benefit to have a ranged speed bonus. If you’ve maxed sequencer mastery then you don’t need the unblockable sp2 as it’ll be part of the combo anyway. And the sp3 melee buff.... fair enough. We all like more damage. But mirage doesn’t need his sig to be great. Prowl needs it more than cyclonus or mirage.

OP whatever you do, make sure you pick up a prowl for the dupe. Maybe save either g-chips or your bot chips for something else. Cyclonus is good enough without his sig but it’s team dependant I guess if that’s what you need.
    This option was not in the list, but I think:

Depends on skill I guess with mirage. To be honest, with his basic ranged still power draining a blocked opponent means little benefit to have a ranged speed bonus. If you’ve maxed sequencer mastery then you don’t need the unblockable sp2 as it’ll be part of the combo anyway. And the sp3 melee buff.... fair enough. We all like more damage. But mirage doesn’t need his sig to be great. Prowl needs it more than cyclonus or mirage.

OP whatever you do, make sure you pick up a prowl for the dupe. Maybe save either g-chips or your bot chips for something else. Cyclonus is good enough without his sig but it’s team dependant I guess if that’s what you need.

Yeah, I figured somewhere around this was true.
    Part of the question involves if you're a 29 objectives or 34 objectives person. For me, I'm trapped between using gen chips to dupe/awaken cyclonus (not part of my main squad but he is fun), dupe prowl (my main scout, who already is awakened to 10), or buy a fresh mirage. Most likely I'm gonna gen chip a mirage to gain a larger roster. If my prowl was unduped to begin with then that would be more likely.