Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Warrior Bot!

2»

Comments

• Hound
    Since this discussion is alive, im gonna drop a question here instead of making another thread. Currently got arcee and drift sitting at r3, which one to rank up? Both are duped, although just the once each. Also got a duped HR but he’s r1 just now. Saving up for prowl so resources are limited. Any opinions/thoughts? I’m comfy with both of them, although arcee fits into my g1 team slightly better, but not by much.
  • Bonecrusher
    Since this discussion is alive, im gonna drop a question here instead of making another thread. Currently got arcee and drift sitting at r3, which one to rank up? Both are duped, although just the once each. Also got a duped HR but he’s r1 just now. Saving up for prowl so resources are limited. Any opinions/thoughts? I’m comfy with both of them, although arcee fits into my g1 team slightly better, but not by much.

Drift is vastly superior to the likes of Arcee. Critting and bleeding on both melee and ranged, great special damage, and precison and deep focus makes drift the best warrior here.
  • Scorponok

Either is really good, but I’m going with arcee for two reasons.
    1. You already said that she fit with your team better, and synergies can be game changing. While both are not reliant on their synergies, they can still aid them.
    2. Arcee is more versatile in one specific way. She has energy attacks. Drift is the only bot in the game with only physical attacks. While this isn’t always a problem, certain mods can render drift absolutely useless, unless you’re feeling yourself and can play a perfect game for ten minutes. (Has to do that against AM galvatron. It was annoying to say the least.) Arcee has both energy and physical attacks, so she’s my choice.
  • Scorponok

Drift is vastly superior to the likes of Arcee. Critting and bleeding on both melee and ranged, great special damage, and precison and deep focus makes drift the best warrior here.

Totally right man.
  • Scorponok
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    HZERO wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I'll never vote for a Beast bot.

Yet you vote for a bayformer instead?

Yes because at least Bayformer Prime was a truck and not an ape.
    They somewhere stayed true to the original Transformers thought.

Optimus primal wasnt optimus prime lol

He knows, but the idea of transformers being animals and descendents of VEHICLES doesn't make sense.

All this discussion makes me think they didn't watch the serie.

In the first place it is not known if at the beginning of the serie they had vehicle mode, since they leave vaguely in their soon forms (theoretically when coming from Cybertron and by different references as to habits given throughout the serie one can think that they arrived to have vehicle mode).

Secondly, since they are "TRANSFORMS " they have the capacity to adopt the form that they want, not necessarily have to be vehicle (when they hit the ground because of the raw energy of the planet they scanned compatible forms to transform and protect themselves from death, being a land primitive there were only animals).

Third, it is not the first time that animals are used in Transforms. In G1 we also have a Scorponock (in case anyone ignores it). Same as there is in Bayverse model. There are also the Soundwave and Blaster cassettes. Dinobots, insecticons and predacons (Predaking for example). And what about Tantrum who is a bull (or that nobody had noticed) 😒

The Dinobots and Insecticons are some of my favorites and they’re not alone. Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Ratbat, Slugfest, Overkill, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Predacons, Seacons, Terrorcons, the Pretender Monsters, the Monsterbots, Trypticon, Scorponok, the Decepticon Headmasters, and a handful of the Autobot and Decepticon Pretenders.

Hating bots for being beasts is literally an entire plot point in IDW comics.

G1 beast bots had their time to shine, and they did it perfectly. Remember “Call of the Primitives”?

Honestly that episode kinda sucked. The best part about it was the art. But for whatever reason, a lot of the Beast characters were made out to be idiots in the show, especially in season 3, so then you bring them all together, and you’re back left with incompetent idiots facing a threat to the universe and somehow winning. The real highlights were the season 1 and 2 episodes that revolves around the Dinobots and Insecticons. SOS Dinobots, War Of The Dinobots, A Plague Of Insecticons, The Insecticon Syndrome were all great episodes.
  • Scorponok
    I'll never vote for a Beast bot.

Yet you vote for a bayformer instead?

Yes because at least Bayformer Prime was a truck and not an ape.
    They somewhere stayed true to the original Transformers thought.

Optimus primal wasnt optimus prime lol

He knows, but the idea of transformers being animals and descendents of VEHICLES doesn't make sense.

I think it makes sense if you consider that birds descended from dinosaurs.

The Beast Wars bots truly do have some sense of superiority over their ancestors. It's not their size, nor their fire power, but rather their technology. They now had the ability to transform into ANYTHING, and not just something's shape. They took it down to a level in which they were able to fabricate organic tissue and take elements of other species, like organs, skin, or fur. They now had technology capable enough to evolve into non-metal/Cybertronian forms. The Beast Wars bots had to change into animals because they had no choice. The energon radiation was overloading thrm, so they needed organic coating as a shield.

And then there's the fact that their bodies are a bit more durable. They could be blown into pieces, but one quick bath in a CR Chamber and they're good as new. Or they could take the Waspinator approach and just repair themselves. They could still transform into vehicles. Take Protoform X and Depth Charge for example, who had a third alt mode of a tank and a jet, respectively. Or consider when Optimus Primal became OPTIMAL OPTIMUS and could transform into a gorilla, jet, and TRUCK. This time TRUKK IS THE MUNKY! So yes, it could make sense of how the Beast Wars bots are descendents of the G1 Bots.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2019
    Scorponok
    Actually, while I'm at it let me just emphasize that I love Transformers in its full entirety. I grew up with Bayformers.
    I was fascinated by the lore that was brought from G1.
    And I adored Beast Wars.

G1:
    The TV show that defines Transformers. The simple premise of two robot factions fighting in a war built so much upon it's universe. The first time I watched it, it was so cheesy... But that cheesiness got me engaged. And with that, I really got to enjoy how the OG cast were, each with their own quirky trait, like Prime's heroism, Screamer's treachery, or Wheeljack's tendency to screw things up but you still end up loving him. It's a classic show that has a heart, teaching childhood lessons while you watch your favorite robots wrestle each other. While it does have flaws, such as characters appearing out of nowhere or characters not being utilized enough *cough* Elita One *cough*, it's just about having fun. And the movie was absolutely amazing, fixing some flaws that the show had and adding some lore elements to the universe like Unicron. And while the next few seasons aren't as good as the first, it still helped bring about the glory of Transformers and help spark an amazing fictional universe.

Beast Wars:
    The TF show I had always avoided till 2 years ago. The idea of Transformers being animals didn't sit well for me... I mean "Optimus Primal"... Really? But upon watching it I can see why it was adored. And no, I'm not talking about the animation; while it was good then, it sucks today. This show may have had some bad animation (for me) but the writing is possibly one of TF's best. The little twists of the plot and the sci-fi elements made it engaging to watch. But the best element has to be the character development. This show has the best character development in all of TF. From Dinobot to Blackarachnia to Megatron, the show's small cast really paid off with how well they developed them. It engaged in rather silly themes, but sometimes go a complete 180 with some very heavy and dark themes. It was a sequel to the original and added another depth to Transformers. I really want a reboot, but then again, does a show like this need it?

Bayformers:
    I'll get to the point, there's a lot wrong with Bayformers. Like the sexual jokes, the lack of character development or waste of some bots, and ghetto Decepticons. Cheeze-Its Christ, those ghetto Decepticons. However, this was the Transformers I grew up with and they are great guilty pleasure movies. The first one was an actual great movie. All the movies have amazing visuals, generated from the CGI or camera work and the action sequences are beautiful. Honestly, the action sequences in Bayformers are up there with the franchise's best. You can hear the metal crunching as they are being blasted or decked in the face, the Transformers feel heavy when fighting around humans, and the tiny little details of some of their scrap metal being torn off their body is just top notch. That Forest Battle is really amazing. And the bot designs.... there's a change to them that is appealing. For better (Bumbles) or for worst. They have an alien design and it's unique to their own universe, may not be accurate but it's unique non the less. Love it or hate it, Transformers possibly might not be as popular as it is today without Bayformers. Just ignore the Last Knight. Please. That has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Each part of the franchise is significant in its own way. Some may be more vaulted that others, but it must be acknowledged that ALL of it is still Transformers.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2019
    Scorponok

(Me trying to get this thread back on topic)

While Arcee has some very significant Power Rate and has some of the best Ranged damage, I would say go with Drift. He's great with the Crit Damage and happens to Bleed more frequently than Arcee. Additionally, he has some Anti-evade abilities that can benefit against those pesky evaders. Just don't take him against someone that is acustomed to Melee attacks (UM) because then you would be in for a long fight.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Wow

I feel so sad for all the players who chose Bonecrusher.
    😖😖😖
  • Scorponok
    Actually, while I'm at it let me just emphasize that I love Transformers in its full entirety. I grew up with Bayformers.
    And I adored Beast Wars.

G1:
    The TV show that defines Transformers. The simple premise of two robot factions fighting in a war built so much upon it's universe. The first time I watched it, it was so cheesy... But that cheesiness got me engaged. And with that, I really got to enjoy how the OG cast were, each with their own quirky trait, like Prime's heroism, Screamer's treachery, or Wheeljack's tendency to screw things up but you still end up loving him. It's a classic show that has a heart, teaching childhood lessons while you watch your favorite robots wrestle each other. While it does have flaws, such as characters appearing out of nowhere or characters not being utilized enough *cough* Elita One *cough*, it's just about having fun. And the movie was absolutely amazing, fixing some flaws that the show had and adding some lore elements to the universe like Unicron. And while the next few seasons aren't as good as the first, it still helped bring about the glory of Transformers and help spark an amazing fictional universe.

Beast Wars:
    The TF show I had always avoided till 2 years ago. The idea of Transformers being animals didn't sit well for me... I mean "Optimus Primal"... Really? But upon watching it I can see why it was adored. And no, I'm not talking about the animation; while it was good then, it sucks today. This show may have had some bad animation (for me) but the writing is possibly one of TF's best. The little twists of the plot and the sci-fi elements made it engaging to watch. But the best element has to be the character development. This show has the best character development in all of TF. From Dinobot to Blackarachnia to Megatron, the show's small cast really paid off with how well they developed them. It engaged in rather silly themes, but sometimes go a complete 180 with some very heavy and dark themes. It was a sequel to the original and added another depth to Transformers. I really want a reboot, but then again, does a show like this need it?

Bayformers:
    I'll get to the point, there's a lot wrong with Bayformers. Like the sexual jokes, the lack of character development or waste of some bots, and ghetto Decepticons. Cheeze-Its Christ, those ghetto Decepticons. However, this was the Transformers I grew up with and they are great guilty pleasure movies. The first one was an actual great movie. All the movies have amazing visuals, generated from the CGI or camera work and the action sequences are beautiful. Honestly, the action sequences in Bayformers are up there with the franchise's best. You can hear the metal crunching as they are being blasted or decked in the face, the Transformers feel heavy when fighting around humans, and the tiny little details of some of their scrap metal being torn off their body is just top notch. That Forest Battle is really amazing. And the bot designs.... there's a change to them that is appealing. For better (Bumbles) or for worst. They have an alien design and it's unique to their own universe, may not be accurate but it's unique non the less. Love it or hate it, Transformers possibly might not be as popular as it is today without Bayformers. Just ignore the Last Knight. Please. That has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Each part of the franchise is significant in its own way. Some may be more vaulted that others, but it must be acknowledged that ALL of it is still Transformers.

Love it

Also worth mentioning, Prime and Animated. Prime is essentially an apology for Bays movies. The way they take slightly different routes with some characters and craft their own new stories and actually focus on developing multiple Autobots AND the Decepticons(!) really help it be among the best in the franchise. And Animated is just so fun and completely original. Admittedly, that first season was largely unimpressive, aside from a few gems(Sound And Fury, The Thrill Of The Hunt, Megatron Rising), but the second and third seasons were just great, it easily ranks as one of the greats.

G1 is still the best for me. It’s more childish than most other versions of it, but it helps lend itself to standing the test of time. Whether it’s Soundwave and Shockwave being these creepy powerhouse villains, Ironhide being tougher than anyone else, Bumblebees relentless bravery, Megatrons pure evil or Primes honest and genuine heroism, it just managed to be great. Soundwave may be my favorite, but G1 Optimus Prime is without a doubt the best character in the franchise.
  • Scorponok
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    And I adored Beast Wars.

G1:

Beast Wars:

Bayformers:

Love it

Also worth mentioning, Prime and Animated. Prime is essentially an apology for Bays movies. The way they take slightly different routes with some characters and craft their own new stories and actually focus on developing multiple Autobots AND the Decepticons(!) really help it be among the best in the franchise. And Animated is just so fun and completely original. Admittedly, that first season was largely unimpressive, aside from a few gems(Sound And Fury, The Thrill Of The Hunt, Megatron Rising), but the second and third seasons were just great, it easily ranks as one of the greats.

G1 is still the best for me. It’s more childish than most other versions of it, but it helps lend itself to standing the test of time. Whether it’s Soundwave and Shockwave being these creepy powerhouse villains, Ironhide being tougher than anyone else, Bumblebees relentless bravery, Megatrons pure evil or Primes honest and genuine heroism, it just managed to be great. Soundwave may be my favorite, but G1 Optimus Prime is without a doubt the best character in the franchise.

Didn't mention those 2 because they weren't in the game, but aside from that they were great additions to the franchise. Prime is possibly my favorite TF show, having great interpretations of classic characters (Megatron, Arcee, Starscream). Animated was something that was different which I praise it for. An Optimus that isn't experienced (reminds me of Primal) while trying to overcome an interesting cast of Decepticons (loved Blitzwing). They are both really great shows in TF.