Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should I buy 5 star Cyclonus with generation chips

5haaquc2z2x0.png
I think it’s a good idea but I wanted other opinions

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Nah buy him with bot chips
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    No
  • sgfo0bbms6lp.png
  • Save your gen chips for something better. Buy Cyclonus with bot chips.
  • Maybe you should keep this discussion in the other thread you started, to keep things tidy.
  • Hound... (sorry, I can't say that with a straight face...)

In all seriousness, wait and see what comes out over the next three weeks. There is a chance rare bots like Megatronus, Nemesis Prime, Thundercracker, and other G1 bits who have yet to appear will show up. Plus I think there is a chance that bots that were available in Week 1 will show up again in Week 5. Check out the list every Thursday on your in-game Mail messages. See if there is a bot you want and get the 5* Version of them.
    Megatronus or G1 optimus prime, powerful and exclusive
  • Kitten wrote: »

Is prime not in The 5 star crystal yet???
  • 5* OG prime.
  • 0xudvhr8da3f.jpg

Can you recommend one for me too? I was just about to ask this one...

Not much but there's 4 star Mirage and G1 meg too.

I'm not sure what will happen but I'm thinking Megatronus, Galvatron. Or maybe tantrum.

I want my first 5 star to be good one! Any suggestions?
  • Gungnir wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »

Is prime not in The 5 star crystal yet???

I don’t believe so. Even though many newer bots are.
    Megatronus is a must have for beginners
  • There will be something better with Generations Chips. Cyclonus would not be my first choice.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2019
    I don't know why players underrate Cyclonus, but he is very good. Better if awakened, obviously...

But to say there might be something better coming... You never know what bots they are going to offer.

Cyclonus does many things. Great ranged/melee and resistance buffs... Dark field nullifies, damages, and stuns on unstoppable. It also interrupts combos.

All of his specials are excellent.

Good synergies.

The only thing he is missing as a tact is a true armour break, but his dark field combined with S1 gets around it.

He is not a straightforward bot that simply deals huge damage with regular combos, but he does have plenty of utility.

What it comes down to is this: does he fill a hole or weakness in your roster or playing style?

If so, and you'll make use of him, then it's never a bad idea to get a bot that helps you.

If you expect another tact will replace him once you get the one you want, then you have to weigh it against that option.

• Not to say Cyclonus is bad, but there are some better bots. But I have been tempted to get cyclonus to counter unstoppable buffs
  • Kitten wrote: »

Wait! Tronus will be available in the store????