Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How do YOU combo?

My personal favorite is RR-D-LLLMM-S for most bots, most of the time.

I know there must be plenty of other combinations, especially for certain bots, e.g., Wheeljack is probably, RR-D-LLL-H, since you're probably trying to construct a bunch with him.

But, what about you, which 5/7-hit combo is your typical?

In case it's not obvious:
R – Range
D – Dash (typically forward except in the case of Prowl where maybe you dash back to get melee stack before going in)
L – Light
M – Medium
H – Heavy
S – Special
Tagged:

Comments

• RR-M-LLL-M

RR-M-LLL-H

RR-M-LLL-S
  • man, doing that M right after the dash would take some getting used to for me!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    man, doing that M right after the dash would take some getting used to for me!

The 1st M is the dash. He's just not typing it the same way you are.
    RR-M-LLL-M

RR-M-LLL-H

RR-M-LLL-S

You can actually fire a special after the final medium hit and land it.

You're cheating yourself out of full damage on your last combo. Just fyi, trying to help.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    man, doing that M right after the dash would take some getting used to for me!

The 1st M is the dash. He's just not typing it the same way you are.

Oh, ok...I didn't get that, thank you. I do the dash with my left hand and all my hits with my right hand so I distinguish them :-D
    Something was missing from this list...

After sidestepping a dash attack, I usually combo

LLLMM+S (if available)
  • Manthro wrote: »
    RR-M-LLL-M

RR-M-LLL-H

RR-M-LLL-S

You can actually fire a special after the final medium hit and land it.

You're cheating yourself out of full damage on your last combo. Just fyi, trying to help.

Uhp! I forgot to type that last M...I do that anyway because I have the mastery for it my bad
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

So.... how do you do a 6 hit melee combo? I think you may have typed one too many ‘M’s in there.
  • L-L-L-L-H

Repeat until I reach I special I want too unleash, were is I do a L as the last hit then throw it off
  • It’s bot dependant really. Hound for example can inflict a burn on his last light hit rather than the med.

Certain bots, I always try and finish on a certain move. Cheetor’s lunging kick for his first med makes a nice looking finish. As does jazz’s sweep kick.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    Depends on the bot I’m using/facing. I usually do a series of light melees ending with a medium if the enemy isn’t blocking and only use the heavy if they are blocking.

Some, like Bonecrusher or Ironhide or Megatronus, I’ll spam the heavy for the effect. Others, like Primal or OG Megatron, I’ll save the heavy because it maintains armor or fusion. Or fighting vs Barricade or Scout Shark I never use a heavy. Against Tantrum I’ll use heavy quickly if he blocks to keep him from becoming unstoppable.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Like a boss.
  • My "go to" combo is Set Auto-Fight On - Read Forums. Kidding! I usually do a D-LLL-M and what I use to set up or follow that depends on the bot I'm currently using.
  • I’m pretty obsessive so I do a lot of different ones, LMLLL, LLLML, LMLLM, LLMLM, LLLMM, MLLLL

But my standard set is this

Full Ranged Attack
    LLMLL
    Full Ranged Attack
    MLLLM
    Heavy Attack
    LLLL
    Heavy Attack
    MM
  • Darm0k wrote: »

So.... how do you do a 6 hit melee combo? I think you may have typed one too many ‘M’s in there.

the LLLMM is the five hits...D doesn't hit, right?
  • Darm0k wrote: »

The D does hit...
  • I don't think so man, I just checked and mine didn't...could it have something to do with the distance away from the opponent? I dashed in and nothing else...there was no hit.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Hey everyone,
    So i reset my mastery set up recently and i maxed out counterpunch.
    But the thing is I'm having trouble Landing a combo having that melee buff activated.
    I step back and get the buff then i go M and before i go for LLL or anything , the AI counters
    So for all of you using that mastery and landing combos, a little help here please 😂.
    Vids are much appreciated.
  • Slayer wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    But the thing is I'm having trouble Landing a combo having that melee buff activated.
    I step back and get the buff then i go M and before i go for LLL or anything , the AI counters
    So for all of you using that mastery and landing combos, a little help here please 😂.

Doesn't counterpunch work when you sidestep, not dash back?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited September 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just double-checked in the arena. Counterpunch triggers when I side step and when I step back.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited September 2019
    In priority order

LLL M M S
    LLL M S
    LLLL H
    LLL M M
    LLL M
    (This many combo is due to the randomness of 1 or 2 medium hits)

Depending on situation. That basically all I do
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Darm0k wrote: »

The dash attack counts as the first medium hit. Then you can do three light attacks before one last medium hit. Can’t do two mediums at he end if starting a combo with a dash attack.
  • I don't think so man, I just checked and mine didn't...could it have something to do with the distance away from the opponent? I dashed in and nothing else...there was no hit.

my apologies @Bntyhntr3232_ , you were right...I'm not sure how I did that with Arcee the first time but what I was thinking of as a Dash was indeed a M as you said. I have not been able to reproduce what I saw with Arcee again and all bots seem to be consistent...Thanks for helping me understand that, I think it's going to help my attacks make more sense now!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just double-checked in the arena. Counterpunch triggers when I side step and when I step back.

Exactly. And how do you start the combo while the melee buff is on? Is it MM or MLLLM
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2019
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I’m pretty obsessive so I do a lot of different ones, LMLLL, LLLML, LMLLM, LLMLM, LLLMM, MLLLL

This is how I impress the ladies
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I’m pretty obsessive so I do a lot of different ones, LMLLL, LLLML, LMLLM, LLMLM, LLLMM, MLLLL

This is how I impress the ladies

Weird edit but alright
  • RR-D-LLM-H

Try to squeeze in another H in the end, if possible.