Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forceclose and health penalty, again......

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I know this has been up a number of times, but I post this again because something needs to be done about it. In AM just now the game kicked me out of fights against Jetfire and Ironhide, the latter just as the bots rolled to meet each other, and when I rejoin AM my bot is down 50% health. At my level, in a top 6 alliance, it goes without saying it is hard to come back after this. Playing on an IPad Air2.

I know you have made a point in the past about this, fearing players taking advantage of it if no health is lost by simply quitting the fight and try again, but with the recent almost week long shutout of a lot of IOS users and compensation afterwards (which was good btw), and a number of posts by users that this is happening a lot both before and after the recent update, you know this is indeed an issue with the game and not the players, so why you insist on punishing players for your own mistakes is now beyond ridiculous and it needs to stop, right now!

Groo out.

Comments

• TertTert Posts: 13
    A simple fix could be one line of code: <If health unchanged, no penalty>

No way this is hard to implement.

And I agree. The health penalty kills the game. I’ve given up on ROTK and stopped playing high level AM. Not worth the frustration.
  • Not trolling but Ratchet can have his health 'unchanged' at 50% after a long fight.
  • Recently it has happened on two separate AM. When I went back in 50% health penalty. It is not the players fault that game crapped out. Perhaps try reducing the health penalty; let's say 15% or 20%.
  • Yes please implement the suggested fix at least. As the crashes occur at fight launch most of the time, it's fair and easy not to punish the players.
  • TertTert Posts: 13
    Then make it an If And statement.
    <If health unchanged, And no hits received. No penalty>
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Another way to address this would be to add a start button to the battle after the loading screen. This would also solve a second issue: I've had loading lock up for arena battles and once I close out and reload, it shows the battle as lost.
    It would also be nice not to have the 15-30 second lag waiting for a battle to start - Even for people without ADD, this is long enough to get distracted from the game and miss the start. Put a start button in and you know the player is ready.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I just want to say that I do not experience any lag during the fight load. It takes 1-2 seconds max from when I tap Fight to when I see the bots jumping into the fight (iPhone XS for anyone shopping for a new device).

I mention this because there are some really good ideas/solutions in this thread. Changes to the UI that would certainly be welcome. However, there also needs to be some designation and separation between UI changes and device issues. Kabam is in a tough spot when one player has no issues with the fight screen loading yet another player is waiting 30 seconds.

I’m not saying players should have to switch to a new device but at a minimum you need to indicate what device you are using and take those observations to one of the many device/input/lag related threads out there to further troubleshoot that particular problem. Hopefully this isn’t too strong a rant, just trying to keep the issues sorted.

• "Nice things, and the reason we can't have them"
  • GrooGroo Posts: 163
    Thank you for finally posting an answer to this.

And like I said, I know this was introduced as a way of preventing abuse. That would be a good thing if not for the fact that it punishes players for YOUR mistakes. So the decent thing to do is to remove the health penalty until you can fix the problems that kick people out of the game. Then, AFTER you have fixed that, you can implement the health penalty again, as it is clear that it is indeed the player that chooses to quit the fight, and not an error on your part.

It really is that simple
    Tert wrote: »
    A simple fix could be one line of code: <If health unchanged, no penalty>

No way this is hard to implement.

And I agree. The health penalty kills the game. I’ve given up on ROTK and stopped playing high level AM. Not worth the frustration.

It's not that simple. Nothing is ever that simple. If it were we would've done it already, but alas it isn't.

We understand this is a frustrating situation to be met with, but what you're suggesting isn't a fix for it. It's a discussion we have and continue to have, but at the moment there are other pressing things to address than the healthy penalty one may take. I don't intend for that to sound so dismissive, as it isn't, but please understand that this was implemented as a means to stop people from abusing the system.

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2019
    So what about those who exploit this by force close infinitely using a Ratchet (50% health), Jetfire (75%) or better yet, Wheeljack/Tronus (100%)? @Groo
    So what about those who exploit this by force close infinitely using a Ratchet (50% health), Jetfire (75%) or better yet, Wheeljack/Tronus (100%)? @Groo

Like I said, I get the reasoning, but not until the problem is fixed.
    Sorry about the double quote
  • Kicking people out of the game is like eliminating Hydra.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Mrnomis i play on various devices of different classes and price range.

As it is, the more expensive, high end, etc. your device, the EASIER the game is, as animations aren't stuttering, reading of enemy moves is clearer, and you don't have to contend with input lag.

On a budget or midrange device, lag, freeze, skipped animations, low FPS all count against you.

Coupled with the memory leak (which leads to crashes), it's some feat of you can beat higher difficulty.
    Whenever i use an iPhone with A11/12 or a Qualcomm SD835/845/8150, my heart goes out to the REAL ninjas who beat RoK with a $80 device. What champs.

All Kabam need to do is have a log scan to see whether the crash was
    1. Intentional
    2. Due to bad connectivity
    3. Due to cache R/W
    4. Due to server issues
    5. Due to HW error

So if it's intentional, too bad, you lose 25-50%.
    But if it's bad coding or Network related (trust me devs can tell) then no harm no foul.