Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Notes for Generations Special Event - 5* Edition

JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Overall it was short and sweet. Minimal dialogue and some brand new mods.

Grimlock on the last map is probably the toughest fight. You need to kill him fast because he has a PERMANENT Burn mod!

See below for bots and mods. I forgot a couple so anyone who remembers please add (OG Megs and Sarcee). Good luck out there!

5* Generations Special Mission:

Map 4.1 - Bot Rating ~ 9k

Bludgeon (Physical Resistance)
MotorMaster (Melee Bleed)
Shockwave (Power Flow)
Soundwave (Trigger Rate)
Tantrum (Harness Power - heals with Melee)
Megatron (forgot to write it down)

Map 4.2 - Bot Rating ~11k

Arcee (I forgot to write it down)
Ratchet (Last Ditch Repair)
SideSwipe (Melee Bleed)
Mirage (Gain Armor when struck)
UM (Melee Power Burn)
G1 Bee (Evade Power Gain, Special Attack Stun)

Map 4.3 - Bot Rating ~ 13k

Jetfire (Electrophobia)
Starscream (Ranged Shock)
Ramjet (Enhanced SP1 - cannot be Blocked and hurts more)
TC (Rampage - combo of both Resistance and Attack buffs)
Cyclonus (Absorb Projectile)
Galvatron (Def Power Gain when blocking, Crit Rate enhanced)

Map 4.4 - Bot Rating ~ 16k

Prowl (Enhanced SP2 - cannot be Blocked and 20% increase)
Blaster (Fatigue - after 5 stacks your bot is stunned)
Grimlock (Permanent Burn - Passive. This will drain 25k in health in less than 45 seconds — kill him quickly of find a good debuff I guess. Not sure since it’s permanent)
Jazz (Evade Melee)
Wheeljack (Power Wipe)
OG Prime (Heavy Block 4 - Heavy Attack will no longer break a block and doing so also grants him 1.5 power bar, SP Attack 150%)

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2019
    The missing G1 bots are Windblade, Kickback, Tronus, & Nemesis Prime. Assuming you support the graphic below.

78r1eyifxnhi.jpeg
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    I wonder if a Beast team or other purifiers will purify Grimlock’s burn like bleed from Harm Accelerator.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited September 2019
    I wonder if a Beast team or other purifiers will purify Grimlock’s burn like bleed from Harm Accelerator.

Yes, I can confirm that a beast team does indeed purify the burn. I imagine other purifiers ought to work as well. These missions were short but fun, and the 5* missions were not too difficult.
  • Nightpath wrote: »

Yes, I can confirm that a beast team does indeed purify the burn. I imagine other purifiers ought to work as well. These missions were short but fun, and the 5* missions were not too difficult.

That means Duped Grimlock, duped Tantrum, Thundercracker... or even Mirage could purify that burn as well. EGG-CELLENT!!
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited September 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Arcee (I forgot to write it down)

DUDE, thank you so much for capturing this! BTW, Arcee was on a critical damage mod
  • Who should I bring?
    68w4i6jx1ute.jpg
  • Arcee has Critical Damage Timed mod.
    Nightpath wrote: »

Sweetness. Good to know. Curious if it shuts it down permanently or just on and off?
  • Uhh.....help?
  • Uhh.....help?
    Since you don't have a beast team you should use Grimlock. You need to upgrade your bots
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Uhh.....help?
    Since you don't have a beast team you should use Grimlock. You need to upgrade your bots

Debuffs don't bother me at all...it's cyclonus and galvatron that bother me...and since there's no good information here...
    stogyojx9mjo.gif
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Uhh.....help?

Mirage heavy works too
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    You're a legend man
    edited September 2019
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Uhh.....help?

Debuffs don't bother me at all...it's cyclonus and galvatron that bother me...and since there's no good information here...
    stogyojx9mjo.gif

While I’m sure that’s true most of the time, for this mission you need to counter that Grimlock Burn debuff. None of your bots have enough health to survive even if you don’t get hit.

That said, my advice for Galvatron and Cyclonus is Wheeljack. It’s gonna be a long fight but still your best chance. I would go with this rhythm:

- Save up to SP3 and enjoy the heal
    - Then next 2 SP’s are SP1 to keep them from reaching SP3 then go from there.

I realize this assumes a lot of dancing and survival in general. You’ll be ok vs Cyclonus for sure. Galvy is building up Power so you may have to spam SP1 the whole time while also baiting the crap out of his SP. I find the SP2 easier but obviously risky. For the Galvy’s SP1, I have some success baiting right after knocking him down.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Uhh.....help?

stogyojx9mjo.gif

While I’m sure that’s true most of the time, for this mission you need to counter that Grimlock Burn debuff. None of your bots have enough health to survive even if you don’t get hit.

That said, my advice for Galvatron and Cyclonus is Wheeljack. It’s gonna be a long fight but still your best chance. I would go with this rhythm:

I realize this assumes a lot of dancing and survival in general. You’ll be ok vs Cyclonus for sure. Galvy is building up Power so you may have to spam SP1 the whole time while also baiting the crap out of his SP. I find the SP2 easier but obviously risky. For the Galvy’s SP1, I have some success baiting right after knocking him down.

I haven't made it to grimlock yet...I never will...

Sweetness. Good to know. Curious if it shuts it down permanently or just on and off?

As far as I noticed, it purified it permanently. I didn't see it reactivating.
    Uhh.....help?

stogyojx9mjo.gif

v8d4df1d9iqc.jpeg
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Uhh.....help?

stogyojx9mjo.gif

v8d4df1d9iqc.jpeg

It isn't meant to sound good...
  • We don't have raid week anymore? @Kabam Vydious
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Technobot wrote: »

That means Duped Grimlock, duped Tantrum, Thundercracker... or even Mirage could purify that burn as well. EGG-CELLENT!!

As can JF
  • How do I beat thunder cracker easily?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited September 2019
    How do I beat thunder cracker easily?

Negate his buffs - just hit him with those specific attack types. He's a snap once those are gone. My Dino made very short work of him.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    xidweruqoc88.png
    Quick warning: If you're going to go against Mirage, FOR GOD'S SAKES USE A DUPED G1 MEGS, UM OR STARSCREAM. Those Armour Buffs will reach a point where you can't deal any damage against him, aside from Crits. This screenshot is from using my R4 4* Hot Rod against Expert difficulty Mirage, a Bot that I'm pretty good at using (taken him on RoK, he beat everyone upto Mirage). Mirage won't deal any groundbreaking damage, but unless you're ready to spend 10 minutes, he can very quickly drain you mentally.
  • @Kabam Vydious can we get the cover art for this event?
  • xidweruqoc88.png
    Quick warning: If you're going to go against Mirage, FOR GOD'S SAKES USE A DUPED G1 MEGS, UM OR STARSCREAM. Those Armour Buffs will reach a point where you can't deal any damage against him, aside from Crits. This screenshot is from using my R4 4* Hot Rod against Expert difficulty Mirage, a Bot that I'm pretty good at using (taken him on RoK, he beat everyone upto Mirage). Mirage won't deal any groundbreaking damage, but unless you're ready to spend 10 minutes, he can very quickly drain you mentally.

annum84ykjt9.png

:#:#

Grimlock on the last map is probably the toughest fight. You need to kill him fast because he has a PERMANENT Burn mod!

See below for bots and mods. I forgot a couple so anyone who remembers please add (OG Megs and Sarcee). Good luck out there!

5* Generations Special Mission:

Map 4.1 - Bot Rating ~ 9k

Bludgeon (Physical Resistance)
    MotorMaster (Melee Bleed)
    Shockwave (Power Flow)
    Tantrum (Harness Power - heals with Melee)
    Soundwave (Trigger Rate)
    OG-Megatron (Increase duration of Debuffs)

Map 4.2 - Bot Rating ~11k

Arcee (400% Critical Damage for 7.5s)
    Ratchet (Last Ditch Repair)
    SideSwipe (Melee Bleed)
    Mirage (Gain Armor when struck)
    UM (Melee Power Burn)
    G1 Bee (Evade Power Gain, Special Attack Stun)

Map 4.3 - Bot Rating ~ 13k

Jetfire (Electrophobia)
    Starscream (Ranged Shock)
    Ramjet (Enhanced SP1 - cannot be Blocked and hurts more)
    TC (Rampage - combo of both Resistance and Attack buffs)
    Cyclonus (Absorb Basic Projectile)
    Galvatron (Def Power Gain when blocking, Crit Rate enhanced)

Map 4.4 - Bot Rating ~ 16k

Prowl (Enhanced SP2 - cannot be Blocked and 20% increase)
    Blaster (Fatigue - after 5 stacks your bot is stunned)
    Grimlock (Permanent Burn - Passive. This will drain 25k in health in less than 45 seconds — kill him quickly of find a good debuff I guess. Not sure since it’s permanent)
    Jazz (Evade Melee)
    Wheeljack (Power Wipe every 20s)
    OG Prime (Heavy Block 4 - Heavy Attack will no longer break a block and doing so also grants him 1.5 power bar, SP Attack 150%)
  • great info @JIMMY_SAB ... thanks for putting it together, man!!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    xidweruqoc88.png

This is exactly the info I was searching for. Thanks:)