Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dupe-Reliant Bots

Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I wanted to make a list of some of the bots I thought were most dupe reliant.

1. Grimlock
2. Motormaster
3. Starscream
4. Barricade
5. Mixmaster
6. Hot Rod
7. Ramjet
8. Cheetor
9. Mirage
10. Waspinator
11. Wheeljack
12. Jetfire
13. Prowl

If y'all want explanations, just say.

Comments

• Why waspinator, jetfire, and wheeljack?
    Wasps ability is for when he dies and he gets one more chance in battle, not needed.
    Wheeljack has a force shield thats useful, but that isn't what makes him good.
    Jetfire can heal when duped, but he's not bad when he isn't.
  • Jetfire better stay unduped if you really want to focus on the fight. Barricade? I dunno if I can manage that much backfire damage reliably.

Hot Rod and Mirage need their sigs to be on par with others.

And I can't imagine you've left out Cheetor.
    Wasps ability is for when he dies and he gets one more chance in battle, not needed.
    Jetfire better stay unduped if you really want to focus on the fight. Barricade? I dunno if I can manage that much backfire damage reliably.

Hot Rod and Mirage need their sigs to be on par with others.

And I can't imagine you've left out Cheetor.

Hmmm?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

1. Grimlock
    2. Motormaster
    3. Starscream
    4. Thundercracker

I fixed the list for you

• Gunz0 wrote: »

1. Grimlock
    2. Motormaster
    3. Starscream
    4. Thundercracker

I fixed the list for you
    TC needs a dupe? granted, I only have him as a 3-star so I wouldn't know.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    Jetfire better stay unduped if you really want to focus on the fight. Barricade? I dunno if I can manage that much backfire damage reliably.

Being able to stack backfire (and make it last longer) really does make a difference for Barricade. You are literally doing 2x, 3x, even 4x damage on backfire, which can be huge damage.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »

1. Grimlock
    2. Motormaster
    3. Starscream
    4. Thundercracker

I fixed the list for you

Yeah, he can act as a discount Grimlock without his signature ability, but Ascension makes him much, much, much better
  • How dare you neglect the SHARKTICONS!?!
  • How dare you neglect the SHARKTICONS!?!

Right Right, I forgot.

Jackie NEEDS his dupe and nano repair to be an amazing bot...without that he's pretty much garbage
  • But in all seriousness, I think Kickback really benefits from his Dupe.

He's great unduped, but he can really control Power when duped.
    The decreased Power Rate really syncs in with his Power Drain and his Power Rate. .
    The Heavy Malfunction is a small bonus.

At least, that's what I think.
    I think Kickback needs some love, especially after being left out by his fellow 80's Bots
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited September 2019
    Why waspinator, jetfire, and wheeljack?

Jackie NEEDS his dupe and nano repair to be an amazing bot...without that he's pretty much garbage

4tatmcp48kww.gif

Don't confuse bot strength with player skill. ;) Is he better with his sig? Of course, but he's amazingly versatile even without it.
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    Don't confuse bot strength with player skill. ;) Is he better with his sig? Of course, but he's amazingly versatile even without it.

So this thread's title better be changed to "skill-non-reliant bots", cos if you can manage a perfect fight each time you don't even need to upgrade, following that train of thought.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2019

No disrespect but you are way off here.

Wasp revival changed the game rules - AM fight timer.

WJ shield is literally complained about daily.

JF does not need his heal but it the best heal in game behind only Shocky’s with JF. Why? Because it is percentage based not a number.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Not by people who have a duped Cheetor...
  • Starscream is not that reliant to dupe... Of course his nullify is better when duped, but not game changing like Grimlock. Ramjet too.. without his special buff and shortening stun, he is as good as without it
  • Grimlock, Motormaster, Barricade and Mixmaster need their sigs to be of any use.

Starscream, Ramjet, Waspinator, Cheetor and Hot Rod benefit greatly from their sigs, but don’t absolutely need them.

Prowl, Wheeljack, Mirage and Jetfire don’t really need their sigs at all. They benefit from them, but they don’t need them.

Alternatively, who would you say has the most useless signature in the game? I’m saying Jazz. I don’t know if I’ve ever been able to make use of that insanely impractical signature.
  • FallingInStereoFallingInStereo Posts: 90
    edited September 2019
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Alternatively, who would you say has the most useless signature in the game? I’m saying Jazz. I don’t know if I’ve ever been able to make use of that insanely impractical signature.

I agree. Jazz's signature (stun) only ever kicks in when it's like super high to me. And even then it's a) a 1s stun, which is only enough for you to dash in immediately, something you can do after evading the confusion-special regardless and b) so short that half the time I don't even notice it, let alone take advantage. The tiny power drain you may be able to get is nice, but in all likelihood the enemy bot's just gonna say "oh well" and fire their special instead of attempt to regular hit you any more than twice.

Also whoever asked, TC heavily benefits from his sig. It's such a great damage amplifier. He doesn't /need it, but I dropped an awakening on my 4 star one for a reason, even without upgrading it higher.
  • I’m pretty sure the only point of using Wheeljack is his sig shields. Why would anyone use him without them?
  • I’m pretty sure the only point of using Wheeljack is his sig shields. Why would anyone use him without them?

Reliable and powerful regen.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

1. Grimlock
    2. Motormaster
    3. Starscream
    4. Thundercracker

I fixed the list for you

Yeah, he can act as a discount Grimlock without his signature ability, but Ascension makes him much, much, much better

Better? He already fights better than my four star megatronus. AND HE ISNT DUPED.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited September 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

JF does not need his heal but it the best heal in game behind only Shocky’s with JF. Why? Because it is percentage based not a number.

Wasps revivial only affected am. his sig isn't needed for all other modes.

People gotta learn how to counter WJS shield. We have DOT bots.

And jetfire is a bit more offensive unduped.

Because he repairs, can buff his armor, attack and power gain, and can stun, shock and power leak. He covers almost all aspects of the game except critical chance/damage and nullify.
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

I agree. Jazz's signature (stun) only ever kicks in when it's like super high to me. And even then it's a) a 1s stun, which is only enough for you to dash in immediately, something you can do after evading the confusion-special regardless and b) so short that half the time I don't even notice it, let alone take advantage. The tiny power drain you may be able to get is nice, but in all likelihood the enemy bot's just gonna say "oh well" and fire their special instead of attempt to regular hit you any more than twice.

Also whoever asked, TC heavily benefits from his sig. It's such a great damage amplifier. He doesn't /need it, but I dropped an awakening on my 4 star one for a reason, even without upgrading it higher.

Thundercracker is in the running for best signature in the game. I was able to take out high level four stars with a max rank 2 star TC who had just barely gotten his sig.

And Jazz is lucky his skill set is as good as it is, because that signature is terrible. Confused AI will almost always move around a couple times then launch a special. They almost never just attack, it drains such a small amount of power it takes forever for them to drop to a lower power level normally, and it’s a one second stun. You can’t do anything with a one second stun, least of all Jazz(I have him at a range almost always so I can easier keep all his Critical Chance buffs)

A good player never get hit so shields are useless :P :D Nanojack is for players who can't dodge well.

But without the sig, he still has really good repair ability, shock debuff, really strong power leak, stun, and he can buff the autobots in his team..so.. If you say he is useless without that shield.. maybe something is wrong with your playstyle :)
  • Grindor and Bonecrusher need their sigs too. Grindor can’t do any good damage without it, and Bonecrusher gains an absurd advantage from his.

One signature that doesn’t get enough love is Ultra Magnus’ All For One. If your team is doing good and staying alive, UM becomes an absolute tank who can survive tons of hits from everyone. If your team has taken some hits though and you’ve lost a few bots, Ultra Magnus gains a great damage increase. And if you’ve if you’ve lost all your bots, you get both, and can take on just about everyone and every mod.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

This statement makes absolutely zero logical sense.

He isn't less offensive with his signature. He's more offensive with his Sig.

He can purify burns
    He can heal.

This allows you to take risks you would otherwise not take, because you can recover.

Saying he is better without his Sig is like saying Jazz is better without his sig
  • Manthro wrote: »

This statement makes absolutely zero logical sense.

He isn't less offensive with his signature. He's more offensive with his Sig.

He can purify burns
    He can heal.

This allows you to take risks you would otherwise not take, because you can recover.

Saying he is better without his Sig is like saying Jazz is better without his sig

What i bloody meant is that jetfire doesn't lose his charges when he isn't duped. The healing is nice, but if one wants to rack up the charges instead of having to lose them in a few seconds while blocking, jetfire would be unduped. I didn't say jetfire was better without his sig, i SAID that jetfire ia more offensive because he doesn't lose his charges when blocking for over a second. And some people like when he ISN'T duped.