Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Soloing Alliance Missions - How Do I and What Do I Need To Know?

DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Without going into details, let's just say my Alliance has yet to do any Alliance Missions, and it is unlikely they ever will. This leaves me with two choices... 1. I can just continue to ignore Alliance Missions. Sell all the Alliance Mission stuff I get and endlessly collect crystals. Or 2. I can do Alliance Missions by myself. Or can I?

So today I sat down, prepared to have my arse handed to me and to have to play for a few hours or something. No, it just took all the Alliance Mission Energy I had stashed, and was super easy. Have to fight manually, but no big deal. I beat the first world at the first level of difficulty. BUT...

Now it will not let me work on another world, or reply the current world, so I can fully explore it. At least I can't figure it out. Is there any way to replay a world to fully explore it, by myself? Is there any way to play a new world, or am I stuck waiting for the timer to run down? How do I collect rewards or even see if I have any? What do I need to know about the different worlds and difficulty levels?

Also, what is the best way to solo Alliance Missions? Yeah I know they are designed to be played as a team, but, as I said, that isn't going to happen.

Thanks,

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    Without going into details, let's just say my Alliance has yet to do any Alliance Missions, and it is unlikely they ever will. This leaves me with two choices... 1. I can just continue to ignore Alliance Missions. Sell all the Alliance Mission stuff I get and endlessly collect crystals. Or 2. I can do Alliance Missions by myself. Or can I?

So today I sat down, prepared to have my arse handed to me and to have to play for a few hours or something. No, it just took all the Alliance Mission Energy I had stashed, and was super easy. Have to fight manually, but no big deal. I beat the first world at the first level of difficulty. BUT...

Now it will not let me work on another world, or reply the current world, so I can fully explore it. At least I can't figure it out. Is there any way to replay a world to fully explore it, by myself? Is there any way to play a new world, or am I stuck waiting for the timer to run down? How do I collect rewards or even see if I have any? What do I need to know about the different worlds and difficulty levels?

Also, what is the best way to solo Alliance Missions? Yeah I know they are designed to be played as a team, but, as I said, that isn't going to happen.

Thanks,

Or 3, find an alliance that actually assists you in AM.

This.

If your alliance doesn't do alliance missions, there's no point being in it.
  • Well that's complicated. I can't leave it for personal (family) reasons. Ideally Kabam would let a guy join more than one Alliance at a time. But since you can only join one at a time (as far as I know) I am stuck.

How about answering some of my questions next time, and just trust me that I can't leave my Alliance, and the only way I can do Alliance missions is solo.

Appreciate it.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    Well that's complicated. I can't leave it for personal (family) reasons. Ideally Kabam would let a guy join more than one Alliance at a time. But since you can only join one at a time (as far as I know) I am stuck.

How about answering some of my questions next time, and just trust me that I can't leave my Alliance, and the only way I can do Alliance missions is solo.

Appreciate it.

So do Map 1 D1 or stop playing this game.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited September 2019
    OK, as I said I played it and beat it. But now it just says Continue, I can't replay the map or play another map. It says something about a timer resetting?

I was hoping (but not really expecting) that I could replay the same map several times for a full explore, but can't figure out how. Looking to understand how this whole Alliance Mission thing works.

And DUDE (or DUDETTE)... CHILL! No need for the harshness, OK?

Also, for the record (in case this is where the harshness is coming from) I TOTALLY agree that if I want to do Alliance Missions I need to leave my current Alliance and join another. I just can't do that at this time. But I agree that this would be the best course of action.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited September 2019
    Ok, so to answer your question...

No.

You cannot replay an alliance mission yourself for full explore. Since AM is about teamwork, it makes absolutely no sense to allow it in this game mode. It also prevents massive abuse by disallowing high end players to solo AM and artificially boost alliance rank.

Either you give up on fully exploring AM maps, or you find another alliance. I understand that you don't want to leave your alliance, so that pretty much limits your choices.

Oh, and about the timer reset. I assume you're either referring to the mission expiry timer or your mission energy timer. Neither of which will help you in your unattainable goal of soloing a full explore in AM.

And I have to say it. Kabam allowing a player to join more than one alliance sounds like a winner for the world's worst idea ever. Just saying.
  • Apart from personal satisfaction, I think there's little incentive for you to attempt greater Alliance Mission completion. At low levels, the rewards are piddling.

My alliance plays Map 3 level 11, and the time we put into it isn't worth the rewards IMO.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Alliance missions are a key part in this game. I personally HATE them, but know the most valuable of resources come from rewards from AM. The fact that your "alliance" isn't alliance-ing is literally holding you back in the game unless you're Keen on spending real $.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    There are never any answers for your questions because you are always asking the wrong questions.

I really, really don't understand why you don't just play the game the same way the rest of us play it so you can get maximum enjoyment and fulfilment from it, rather than desperately trying to play in this strange fashion then come on here and ask for strange advice that nobody can really help with
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited September 2019
    I get your frustration. I do. Understand I come here for whatever help and support I can get. So thank you for giving what help and support you can.

I agree that Alliance Missions need to be done as designed, in groups, and the rewards at the low levels are crap. If I play any more of these, it will just be to meet monthly or special goals.
  • I don't understand the reasoning for not being able to leave it. But if you cant I guess just scale up based on your skill and bots?
    Am map will reset every24 hours and goes from Thursday to Monday mattering on your area.