Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Notes for Generations Special Event - 5* Edition

2»

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2019
    5vlczmbwver2.jpg
    Ultra Magnus works well against Mirage, he's just a little slow.
    p82mgmqygozg.jpg
    Ratchet vs Jetfire. Long fight.
    jy9w1mp3tux0.jpg
    I finished it. Only spend a few hundred energon...mostly on Galvatron. Christ his power gain is unreal. I didn't bring a power lock bot.
    Overall alot of fun. Good mods, not terribly overpowered.
    Good work Kabam.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    jy9w1mp3tux0.jpg
    I finished it. Only spend a few hundred energon...mostly on Galvatron. Christ his power gain is unreal. I didn't bring a power lock bot.
    Overall alot of fun. Good mods, not terribly overpowered.
    Good work Kabam.

Congrats man!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    How do I beat Cyclonus?
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    How do I beat Cyclonus?

Bots with Heal are the only reliable ones, as you can't escape the Dark Field. I suggest Nanojack & Jetfire. Or you could take Megatronus, he'll quickly end the fight and regain lost health.
  • Who should I bring?
    68w4i6jx1ute.jpg

I'm very late, but:
    Grimlock, Shockwave, Wheeljack, Megatron, Jetfire(if possible)/anti-evade Bot.
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    How do I beat Cyclonus?

I took Megatronus and payed close attention to Cyclonus's power level
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    How do I beat Cyclonus?

I took him out with my Ironhide. Heavy-weaving without pot shots. Take hits still. But an sp2 will always do the trick.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    How do I beat Cyclonus?

My only good 5* Demo is Wasp and he’s no good vs that mod. I went with OG Megatron because I can use him full on melee. It was one of the toughest fights I had for the event but it worked out.

Just take your best melee fighter, preferably one that doesn’t rely on buffs, and be careful of his dark field triggering.
  • @Kabam Vydious can we get the cover art for this event?

I'll talk to who I need to about this!
  • xidweruqoc88.png
    Quick warning: If you're going to go against Mirage, FOR GOD'S SAKES USE A DUPED G1 MEGS, UM OR STARSCREAM. Those Armour Buffs will reach a point where you can't deal any damage against him, aside from Crits. This screenshot is from using my R4 4* Hot Rod against Expert difficulty Mirage, a Bot that I'm pretty good at using (taken him on RoK, he beat everyone upto Mirage). Mirage won't deal any groundbreaking damage, but unless you're ready to spend 10 minutes, he can very quickly drain you mentally.

I used a nemesis prime and it worked wonders
  • Alright...cyclonus and ramjet have gotten easier with some practice...now it's time for Jetfire and Galvatron...none of my bots are amazing for jetfire and galvatron goes crazy too often...
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2019
    Alright...cyclonus and ramjet have gotten easier with some practice...now it's time for Jetfire and Galvatron...none of my bots are amazing for jetfire and galvatron goes crazy too often...

5* Jetfire was a pain in the rear for me. I said as much in the Generations thread & some of the other Commanders had some good advice on him. Ultimately, my maxed 4* Kickback was the bot I used on him (with at least 1 revive). As for Galvatron, I beat him, but it was a team effort. I ended up spending 1100 Energon to beat Mission 3 in 5*... spent 600 Energon to beat Mission 4, & 200 Energon to beat Mission 2.
  • Technobot wrote: »
    Alright...cyclonus and ramjet have gotten easier with some practice...now it's time for Jetfire and Galvatron...none of my bots are amazing for jetfire and galvatron goes crazy too often...

5* Jetfire was a pain in the rear for me. I said as much in the Generations thread & some of the other Commanders had some good advice on him. Ultimately, my maxed 4* Kickback was the bot I used on him (with at least 1 revive). As for Galvatron, I beat him, but it was a team effort. I ended up spending 1100 Energon to beat Mission 3 in 5*... spent 600 Energon to beat Mission 4, & 200 Energon to beat Mission 2.

Ah...I'm trying shockwave for jetfire...it's working pretty well but i need to become more skilled with shockwave...my best attempt at generations got galvie to 90% health
  • Alright...cyclonus and ramjet have gotten easier with some practice...now it's time for Jetfire and Galvatron...none of my bots are amazing for jetfire and galvatron goes crazy too often...

Both of them can be countered using Shockwave.
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    What bots should I bring to do Missions 3 and 4 Generations without Energon or revives/repairs? Cause right now I'm broke.

Right now, my team for 3.3 is KB, Tantrum, Tronus, Wheeljack, and OGMT. Bots I can put in are Blud, Mirage, Prowl, ANOTHER KB, TWO Galvatron's, Scorponok, Optimus Prime, and that's it.

(All my bots are in the 4,000-5,000 range and duped, and my skill level is pretty good if I say so myself. I perfected Ratchet in 4.2. Twice)
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited September 2019
    ozz3ucjjh7ek.jpg
    I have come to the conclusion that prowl is a wimp
    ozz3ucjjh7ek.jpg

Nice work man. How did you handle his SP2? Or did you focus on baiting his SP1? I imagine a somewhat long fight using Dino.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    ozz3ucjjh7ek.jpg

Nice work man. How did you handle his SP2? Or did you focus on baiting his SP1? I imagine a somewhat long fight using Dino.

Gotta bait that sp1.
    I used my Prowl against him and didn't let him get to sp1. I sure didn't wanna get hit with that shotgun
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    ozz3ucjjh7ek.jpg

I baited SP1...but that doesn't mean he didn't use SP2. When he does a SP2 I backstep it
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited September 2019
    Thanks you guys, this helps even more having the bot suggestions in there!

I was curious about the OG Prime Heavy Block thing. I was planning to bring Galvatron but this heavy thing worries me a little. If I heavy and OG happens to be blocking, he'll get that power?

Oh and fwiw, I used Shockwave against Blaster pretty successfully since Shockwave's block is 10% proficient I just had to dodge the heavies and any of my ranged or SP1 would shock-control Blaster's power.
    I’m going to include bot recommendations next month (Master Spotlight). Nice work on the updated summary @MystaJay

• That would be awesome @JIMMY_SAB , thank you!
  • Is it just me or has wheeljack also got increase range speed? Them bullets are fast!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    MystaJay wrote: »
    Is it just me or has wheeljack also got increase range speed? Them bullets are fast!

It’s just you