Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ramjet

I know I have a thread on bots in need of buffs but Ramjet is ridiculous.

I’ve had his light melee attacks miss the opponent after I sidestepped a dash attack. His first two special attacks will miss the opponent if either of you is too close to a wall, and sometimes they’ll miss even in the middle of the arena. His self stun on his special 3 is supposed to shorten with every special damage buff he has, but sometimes that just doesn’t happen and you’ll be stunned for a while. His Unstoppable heavy is not only pointless by design, but it’s broken and you can be knocked out of it with a ranged attack. I just fought him with Megatron and three times through the match I was able to shoot him, stop his Unstoppable heavy and charge in with a combo.

Ramjet is unparalleled in the number of issues he has. Please fix his problems and give him some new abilities

Comments

• Yes please. Folks say I'm the silliest person intending to get Ramjet with my Gen Chips.
  • Yes please. Folks say I'm the silliest person intending to get Ramjet with my Gen Chips.

I mean only in the literal sense.

But I personally love Ramjet. Conceptually, he’s just awesome. He’s an idiotic bruiser, who can’t really think of any actual strategies, so instead he just rams himself into them at Mach 5, and amazingly enough, he’s successful. First of all, that’s hilarious. Second, it’s unique. Third, it’s hilarious.

I love him, so I have forced myself to be good with him. He’s on my A-team, but I know he shouldn’t be. He’s the worst character in the game, just by virtue of him completely missing attacks. Hound may be bad, but at least his primary source of damage will sometimes not exist.
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »

I’ve had his light melee attacks miss the opponent after I sidestepped a dash attack. His first two special attacks will miss the opponent if either of you is too close to a wall, and sometimes they’ll miss even in the middle of the arena. His self stun on his special 3 is supposed to shorten with every special damage buff he has, but sometimes that just doesn’t happen and you’ll be stunned for a while. His Unstoppable heavy is not only pointless by design, but it’s broken and you can be knocked out of it with a ranged attack. I just fought him with Megatron and three times through the match I was able to shoot him, stop his Unstoppable heavy and charge in with a combo.

Ramjet is unparalleled in the number of issues he has. Please fix his problems and give him some new abilities

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I haven't faced any of these issues while using Ramjet. Maybe it's a bug or some sort of glitch, I'd get it checked out with the mods if I were you.
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I haven't faced any of these issues while using Ramjet. Maybe it's a bug or some sort of glitch, I'd get it checked out with the mods if I were you.

I use him very often, since like I said, he’s one of my favorite characters in the franchise. His light attacks missing is uncommon, but it has happened often enough to remember. His special attacks almost always miss if your opponent is up against a wall or if you both are, and while them missing when you’re both in the middle of the arena is rare, it’s common enough that I should bring it up. His self-stun shorten doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. And finally, hitting him out of his heavy with ranged attacks. I’ve had it done to me countless times, and like I said, I did it to a Ramjet in a raid three times over.

But the main thing is these are just problems with Ramjet. His stun not shortening is the equivalent of using Jazz’s special 3 and his Backfire not working. Him being knocked out of his Unstoppable would be like dashing in with Motormaster but you’re hit by a normal ranged attack and it removes your buff. No one else has these types of problems with the same frequency as Ramjet does.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Nope, he'a accurate. It's pretty well known that Ramjet's light attack will miss a lot of the time after you sidestep. It can also miss mid-combo. His sp2 in particular will miss after a combo too.

It's a shame because he has potential to be fun, if not much else. He really is extremely broken though.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Nope, he'a accurate. It's pretty well known that Ramjet's light attack will miss a lot of the time after you sidestep. It can also miss mid-combo. His sp2 in particular will miss after a combo too.

It's a shame because he has potential to be fun, if not much else. He really is extremely broken though.

Even when he works right he isn’t good. His signature requires you to spam his heavy, and sometimes you can spam it and get nothing from it because it is only a 50% chance.

I’d like two things to happen. One, fix his phantom attacks and failure to shorten stuns. Two, update his abilities.

•Increase the duration of his Unstoppable on his heavy attack, +0.5 seconds at the start and the end
    •Ramjet gains an additional 25% armor on his heavy attacks
    •+5%-25% damage against Stunned opponents
    •If you use a heavy against a Burning opponent, they’re stunned and you always gain 2 special damage buffs
    •If you are hit by an opponent during a heavy attack, you will always gain 1 special damage buff