Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

TC Next Week?

I just want to know if anyone has the skinny on whether Thundercracker will be on the bot list next week? I'm really leaning toward getting a 5* Ramjet, but if TC is on the list, I'd rather spring for him instead--especially since I could always get Ramjet on the regular crystal another time. I talk a lot about my top trio (Bludgeon, Windblade and Tantrum/Dinobot) but Starscream is one of my all time favorites and I'm wanting either Ramjet or TC for the Seeker synergy bonus.

Ramjet I also use with Kickback, but since TC is the rarer of the two, I'd rather get him with the Generations chips if I can.

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    No guarantees but there are 3 bots yet to appear in the store (G chips):
    - Ratchet
    - Tantrum
    - Thundercracker
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2019
    I thought about letting RJ pass by and roll the dice on if TC appears, but I'm betting TC will only be in a chance crystal at the end of the event.

I went ahead and grabbed RJ
  • I’m just hoarding for who ever the final week of bots is.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    I’m just hoarding for who ever the final week of bots is.

It’s the same as week 1
  • I'll tell you now, Thundercracker will not be available to purchase with these Generation Chips. I'm sorry to be the bearer of that disappointment. :/
  • What about nemesis perhaps?
  • Buttehrs wrote: »
    What about nemesis perhaps?

Let's do it in another thread until we're all sad lol.
  • Buttehrs wrote: »

That's a negative as well.
  • I'll tell you now, Thundercracker will not be available to purchase with these Generation Chips. I'm sorry to be the bearer of that disappointment. :/

If anything, Thundercracker SHOULD be purchasable He was in g1! There are some bots that were in the event, but not in g1. I can't recall BLUDGEON being in g1,
    Though i gotta check.
  • CellOmniscientCellOmniscient Posts: 15
    edited September 2019
    Bludgeon was a fixture in the comics during G1 if I’m not mistaken. He was also originally a pretender figure. Let’s try and remember there was more to G1 than just the cartoon. What’s more frustrating is that the Kabam social media accounts announced the generations event using an image of Thundercracker. If he isn’t available as part of the event, that is just poor communication. Just don’t tell me Tantrum isn’t in. If I can’t get a Thundercracker, at least give me an option for another G1 Decepticon that can purify.
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    Buttehrs wrote: »

That's a negative as well.

Disappointing, but thank you for letting us know beforehand. That is appreciated.

Yes!
  • So tomorrow we'll see a boost in Kabam's revenue with all those "an alliance member found a 5* Wheeljack" messages flooding every alliance's info bulletin. Then I decided to shock my alliance members today with Ramjet.
  • I agree that TC should be included, but also thanks for letting me know for certain that he isn't.

With the focus of this specifically on G1, it doesn't seem right to exclude one of the original, earliest G1 characters--Thundercracker--while including someone who was late to the G1 party--Bludgeon, Tantrum. Making TC super exclusive, hard as hell to get is fine 99% of the time, but a theme specifically about G1 is the one place he should be available, even if only for one day out of one week.

How about making him available after finishing the mission of that tier AND purchasing another bot of the same tier (so, 5* mission 100% done + buy 5* G1 bot with Generation chips = 5* TC unlocked and available for purchase with Generation chips)?

I wasn't even thinking about a bot with purify or whatnot, just thinking of the G1 theme including ALL G1 bots especially any of the og bots, since its including bots that were late to G1 (Bludgeon), or had to be retconned into G1 (Windblade) for IDW, or just added really late to G1 via the Combiner Wars trilogy (set some 40 years after TF the movie).

Also, is there going to be a new bot released before this Generations thing ends? I've got over 2 million of the
  • I agree that TC should be included, but also thanks for letting me know for certain that he isn't.

With the focus of this specifically on G1, it doesn't seem right to exclude one of the original, earliest G1 characters--Thundercracker--while including someone who was late to the G1 party--Bludgeon, Tantrum. Making TC super exclusive, hard as hell to get is fine 99% of the time, but a theme specifically about G1 is the one place he should be available, even if only for one day out of one week.

How about making him available after finishing the mission of that tier AND purchasing another bot of the same tier (so, 5* mission 100% done + buy 5* G1 bot with Generation chips = 5* TC unlocked and available for purchase with Generation chips)?

I wasn't even thinking about a bot with purify or whatnot, just thinking of the G1 theme including ALL G1 bots especially any of the og bots, since its including bots that were late to G1 (Bludgeon), or had to be retconned into G1 (Windblade) for IDW, or just added really late to G1 via the Combiner Wars trilogy (set some 40 years after TF the movie).

Also, is there going to be a new bot released before this Generations thing ends? I've got over 2 million of the

Bludgeon was in the OG comics.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah that was kind of cheap bait-and-switch marketing by using Thundercracker's image for this event and then saying you can't get him through the event. I think you guys should seriously reconsider adding him for the last week. @Kabam Vydious
  • Oh well, guess there is always the Nutcracker in a few months.

Now the question is who to buy.
  • Transformator79Transformator79 Posts: 216
    edited September 2019
    I'll tell you now, Thundercracker will not be available to purchase with these Generation Chips. I'm sorry to be the bearer of that disappointment. :/

And what about Megatronus?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that this was already answered in another thread
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I'll tell you now, Thundercracker will not be available to purchase with these Generation Chips. I'm sorry to be the bearer of that disappointment. :/

If anything, Thundercracker SHOULD be purchasable He was in g1! There are some bots that were in the event, but not in g1. I can't recall BLUDGEON being in g1,
    Though i gotta check.
    Because he wasn’t, he was planned to appear in a scrapped Transformers film and you know what happened...

Will the Thundercracker crystals or a way to gamble for him be available for generations chips at least? Hoarding mine completely and seriously concerned what’s gonna happen if I get to week 5 and I can’t use them and they get wasted! :(
  • Damn it...
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I am disappointed but appreciate knowing it now.

But he is a GENERATIONS bot. WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC FOR NOT HAVING HIM????
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Decimus234 wrote: »

The logic appears to be show him as advertisement on their official Facebook page but not in the actual game. Hence the disappointment. Could be an honest mistake and/or miscommunication between the game team and marketing folks. It happens. We have clarity that TC is not available via G Chips so we can stop saving for him.

ekyu43iwhzp5.jpeg

• Decimus234 wrote: »

Here's why: Thundercracker, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Bumblebee are bots that can only be achieved through Special Crystals. Now, the Rollers Crystals and Flyers Crystals this month provide a slim chance to get each of these bots, but the odds are not in our favor.

Megatronus also fits into this category as well. He is (for better or worse) the game's top bot. He also fits into the Generations storyline... which is why he is available in the Flyers Crystals. Like it or not (and I do not), the four bots listed above will not be available to purchase with Generations Chips, either (this is confirmed in another thread). We are looking at the following for Week 4: Tantrum, Ratchet, Kickback, then 4 Bots from Week 1 (OG Prime, Shockwave, Arcee, and Galvatron).

Question is now, what is in the plans for Week 5? I have about 33,000 Generation Chips now (I will probably add another 3000+ Chips this week as I am on pace to achieve the 5* G1 Bee award at the end of the week). and I am wondering: should I play safe and go for Kickback, Windblade, or Arcee? Or should I risk it and choose what's behind Door #3 (in other words, see what happens in Week 5)?
  • Again, I understand this is both frustrating and disappointing to here but the choice of photo was used more in reference towards the overall moments within the events this month. Thundercracker makes an appearance in the Challenge and will also be appearing in a crystal this week.

The Flyer's Crystal! It'll be available for 150 Energon on the 19th. TC appears as a 2*, 3*, or 4* in it. Megatronus will also make an appearance within it. I know it isn't the exact same to the rest of this event, but he's here in some form to help celebrate all these years. :)
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Again, I understand this is both frustrating and disappointing to here but the choice of photo was used more in reference towards the overall moments within the events this month. Thundercracker makes an appearance in the Challenge and will also be appearing in a crystal this week.

The Flyer's Crystal! It'll be available for 150 Energon on the 19th. TC appears as a 2*, 3*, or 4* in it. Megatronus will also make an appearance within it. I know it isn't the exact same to the rest of this event, but he's here in some form to help celebrate all these years. :)

that's just wonderful!
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Again, I understand this is both frustrating and disappointing to here but the choice of photo was used more in reference towards the overall moments within the events this month. Thundercracker makes an appearance in the Challenge and will also be appearing in a crystal this week.

So the team purposely used an exclusive bot (that only 60 players have..i think) for the art cover all while knowing that he wasn't going to be available like the other bots in the event AND also knowing that this event would be majority (if not all) carried out in silence... but that shouldn't matter and it's not at all misleading because TC is 4th bot in mission 3 of the special mission that is on for 1 week out of the 5. ;)

It's a good thing most of us didn't have complete faith that TC and the other "exclusive" would be made available. lol
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2019
    So the "Flyer's Crystal" is the "Generations Crystal" of the 5th week? Or the latter being something else? @Kabam Vydious
    And since you've dropped the 4* crystal from 2500 to 800 and we got a taste of 6* on the horizon, branding a 2~4* crystal of 150 energon is ... wrong.