Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Global chat needs some sort of moderator

Quite recently I went into the game, played for a while and then decided to go into global chat to talk for a bit while my energy recharged. I am a female and as I see the fact of my gender shouldn't make a difference and that I shouldn't have to hide what gender I am. If someone asks if I am a boy or a girl it's a simple answer and I get asked it often due to my name not being easy to identify and my avatar being bumblebee in game.

I was enjoying chat and quite a large amount of the people there are very decent. Except for the few that I often run into. I can joke and my humour is very crude though admittedly because this is a children's game I mute myself for the sake of the younger audience. Either way it takes a lot for me to say stop to a person. It started off with someone asking my gender as to which I answered and then the next thing they said regarded doing things with me, it may have been a joke but as someone who has personally experienced an actual predator. It's not a joke. When people started to report him he even admitted that he had been banned before and he was back by just making a new account.

I'm not going to reveal this person because there are other people in the chat on the photos I took so unless a moderator actually asks for the pictures, I'm not going to put them out publicly. My argument is that there should be some sort of moderator that can ban or mute people for a time or kabam tack the up address like some companies do so the person can not just make a new account and go back to acting and doing all they used to do. Why should someone have to experience this, I'm not a child but there are children on here and some do lie about their age a person like the person I encountered could as well just start being leecherous to them instead and get banned only to make a new account.

Comments

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    @Kabam Miike just making sure you see this comment above.

Btw, it's hard enough getting women to pay attention to transformers anything in the first place, this sort of thing makes it that much worse

• Trailfire wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike just making sure you see this comment above.

Btw, it's hard enough getting women to pay attention to transformers anything in the first place, this sort of thing makes it that much worse

I love the transformers franchise, anything transformers and I'm there. I love gaming and I play hundreds of online games but never in all of the online games I have ever played with a chat system have I seen and experienced such an awful player base in chat such as any kabam games. I don't just mean kids iOS games I mean big blockbuster multiplayer games that contain swearing, killing, sexual themes in the games themselves. I play those games and nothing compares to the awful things players call me and treat other people.

It's not just what I originally said, there is racism, homophobia outright threats to other people and I love the kabam games themselves, the gameplay is amazing but I shouldn't have to copy and paste a warning the instant I say what my gender is. No one should have to leave a child's game feeling dirty and disgusting.
    That's the honest truth, I'm online everyday and I see all this daily and I'm not beating around the bush at all through whatever I say about the chat system.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    In all honesty, I think it is largely because the in-game chat system in kabam games is so awful, that the overwhelming majority of the player base don't use it. So, what you end up with is new players that haven't figured that out yet, and the mouthbreathing trolls that will jump all over anyone if they smell blood.

In other games, those guys are overwhelmed by the normal people and don't get as much chance to speak, but in Kabam games, global chat is basically the seedy underbelly of the game's community.

I would advise you turn off global chat (it is in the settings) and join the TFTF community chat on Line.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Global chat is aweful in every single game, not just Kabam games, it's a place where people can spam whatever they like, asking for girlfriends and boyfriends although they're in a mobile game that serves no purpose in online dating

I suggest you use the Line app as mentioned by @tekkn1kal , or Discord, there are 2 main TFTF communities with good people who only focus on playing the game
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited August 2017
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Global chat is aweful in every single game, not just Kabam games, it's a place where people can spam whatever they like, asking for girlfriends and boyfriends although they're in a mobile game that serves no purpose in online dating

I suggest you use the Line app as mentioned by @tekkn1kal , or Discord, there are 2 main TFTF communities with good people who only focus on playing the game

Well... not all game chats are bad. Put a regenerative chat token to limit how many messages you can put on Global Chat, get some active moderators from each timezone to police the chat, as well as providing good information on global chat, this would help to make the global chats better.

I had been to games where Global chat is the place newbies get their 1st tips, and for veterans to highlight issues with the games or throw community discussion outside of forums, as well as a place for admins (i.e. @Kabam Miike ) to announce changes or updates to the community.

Kabam should strive to make the game chats better for the user base.

• Gunz0 wrote: »

I would disagree there, there are some, and I stress some, lovely games with wonderful people in chat. However, a chat system shouldn't be like that and at the very least the developers (I don't just mean kabam, many companies disregard this) should be able to identify the IP address so anyone who was banned can't just make a new account, not only does it make the developers look like they don't care about the community but it blocks up all of the reported players lists with people that just made new accounts and continued with what they were doing.

The chat suggestion is really nice though, it would be nice to be able to talk about the game a bit. Thank you though for the suggestions.
  • Hey Guys,

Thanks for bringing this up! So, it's important to note that we do actually have moderation in our in game chats. There is A LOT of chatter in the Global Chat room, and it can be hard to keep up. This doesn't mean that we're not trying, and the team is always looking into ways that we can be more effective at this, and to ensure that the chat is conducive to a healthy environment.

If you ever come across a player or a message that you think is inappropriate, hurtful, or abusive, do not hesitate to hit that report button! We take that kind of stuff very seriously, and do not want anybody to feel like they're being attacked or Harassed in our Chats.

@Hypnotunez, we're really sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this kind of stuff. It's not cool and shouldn't be tolerated. Rest assured, that we are on the case, and we are going to continue to improve on the systems in place to make this a thing of the past as soon as we can.

Thanks for getting in touch. And it's nice to know you're working on it!
  • I outright agree @Hypnotunez, and I'm glad to know that there is at least some moderation, tho sometimes it doesnt feel like it. I hit that report button a lot, and sometimes it seems to have no effect on those who need to be silenced. When that happens, I resort to blocking, but I feel sorry for those who don't yet know how or don't want to do the same, having to deal with a certain person's threats. I guess my point is to maybe monitor the global chat more vigorously, in order to weed out those super cancerous players and to help out those who actually wanna play the game and friendly chat with other players.
  • @Stealthmode I understand that moderation in hugely popular games is very hard. The worst thing is that those that are banned can just start again with a new account because ip addresses are not followed, unless they move house these people wouldn't be able to make a new account because that IP address has been blacklisted.

One example of an excellently moderated game is a very old game or the name dragon lords, it's nowhere near as popular as ftf but it's an example to work off of maybe?
  • w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    It is frustrating that an individual that is constantly harassing females in chat, in a predator-like manner, can simply make another screen name and come back on and continue his ways.
    At least myself and other players can recognize his patterns and call him out on it, but should we have to police ourselves?
  • @w8sted my exact point. I understand that kabam is a busy company and there are a lot of people but I don't understand how one game I play can have literally the loveliest community I have ever met, they will literally ask you if your cat is doing okay, while having no filters whatsoever in chat while a game designed for young children, just as this one is, with filters can have some of the most vile people I've ever met.
    As someone who has had a sexual predator try and attack me online, it's traumatising to go on a children's game and then have the same treatment.