Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatron or Optimus Prime: But BACK it up!

The age-old tale. Who is superior? Optimus, the hero, or Megatron, the villain? But I don't want people just saying "Optimus is Godly," or "Megatron is a living weapon." I can literally say either of those things about Mixmaster. But proof gives you some semblance of sanity. And if you want gud sources, here is the best place to find their abilities, with numbers too!

Tactician Optimus Prime: https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime
Tactician Megatron: https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Megatron

Let the debating begin!

Megatron or Optimus Prime: But BACK it up! 39 votes

Megatron
66%
ManthroXBone_CrusherXGunz0KillMasterCDrShotgunDaveJLKIZILELMABlack_ThoughtDarkMatrixBlackRazakbillygovols1121893Starkiller7Monrogue_xSlayerScarredArachnid333Sycko5KittenTransformator79Dragma 26 votes
Optimus Prime
33%
JohnimusAustin555555Mufc14A13X2017serdoodThuleTracked_SignalCrossidesOptimalOptimus_MV1hsb13FirebotPainFromHellVanawsum 13 votes

Comments

• Optimus Prime
    When it comes down to the two, Optimus is the superior one. Tac megatron is strong, but he's a worse damager than prime because primes roll outs boost his attacks along with the armor breaks that he inflicts.

Megatron has this:
    Power debuff (syn with shockboy)
    Special stun (syn with screamer)
    Shock
    Attack debuff
    Armor debuff.

His specials are relatively weak compared to primes. Yeah, i suppose you could say "BUT MEGATRON COULD STEAL A BUFF." And use a special, but primes damage is fantastic, and typically consistent. Megatron can't heal, while prime can with ratchet synergy. Prime has:
    Heal,
    ARMOR BREAK
    BLEED
    armor buff
    Attack buff.
    Prime is significantly superior over inferior megatron, he would finish a fight quicker.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    Megatron
    When it comes down to the two, Optimus is the superior one. Tac megatron is strong, but he's a worse damager than prime because primes roll outs boost his attacks along with the armor breaks that he inflicts.

Megatron has this:
    Power debuff (syn with shockboy)
    Special stun (syn with screamer)
    Shock
    Attack debuff
    Armor debuff.

His specials are relatively weak compared to primes. Yeah, i suppose you could say "BUT MEGATRON COULD STEAL A BUFF." And use a special, but primes damage is fantastic, and typically consistent. Megatron can't heal, while prime can with ratchet synergy. Prime has:
    Heal,
    ARMOR BREAK
    BLEED
    armor buff
    Attack buff.
    Prime is significantly superior over inferior megatron, he would finish a fight quicker.

Armour Buff- countered by fused Armour Debuff
    Heal- countered by fused Shock
    Attack Buff- countered by Buff Steal
    Prime needs to keep hitting to retain the Bleed on opponents, all Megatron has to do is hold the block button down for the rest of the fight, occasionally dodge. You might talk about Prime's healing, but from what I've played with the Synergy and looked at iNightSkies vids, you start healing consistently only at very low health(<15%). I don't think a Synergy is worth taking that much damage.
    You're right, Prime starts off the fight as a powerhouse and Megs needs a while to go demonic, but that's where the Debuffs come in. Megs suppresses the opponent while building up strength.
    But your points are valid, so an "Agree" from me.
  • Megatron
    Also, when we talk about"strength", please let's not talk about how the AI controls them, any player can use any Bot to beat the AI. Let's have neutral ground and only talk about player usage.
  • Megatron
    Megatron has vast amounts of utility due to his Debuffs, and due to the fact that he can steal buffs. Not only that, but he stack up Debuffs to insane levels. If keep hitting with medium attacks, with shockwave, you can easily have three stacks of the most powerful armor break in the game. Megatron's attack down is unparalleled, and really allows for mistakes. And Optimus's bleeds are countered by the class he is supposed to be superior to. Shock? A far more universal threat. And it stays as well, so you don't need to keep hitting to inflict damage. Optimus Prime is a far more basic bot. Bleeds, Heals, Armor, armor breaks and insane damage are all very helpful, but can be so easily remedied, and once you get to higher levels, they become irrevelent. But an easily accesible perma armor break? Permanent Attack Down? Permanent Power Rate down? All of these can be by certain bots if you hit hard and long enough, but Megs does this effortlessly. And remember, not every fight can be won quickly.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Megatron
    Megatron...he can't really be countered.
    These days Primes bleed ability can actually be used against him with MV1 or Primal. Megatron doesn't hit as hard but he's absolutely a better all around bot.
  • Megatron
    Both are great bots, but Megatron can be used in different ways more effectively against different opponents.

And a fused armor break with SP1 is a huge deal. With Prime you have to wait until SP3. And if you want to wait to SP3 with Megatron you can fuse shock instead of causing bleeds.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    Megatron
    Some great points made for both bots, so I’ll just try to summarise here:
    Prime: Prime is great for dishing out damage quickly and is good for those short fights where your goal is to kill the enemy as fast as possible.
    Megatron: Megatron is a but slower to start, but is useful in prolonged fights (such as RoK, RoTK) where you will not be killing the enemy quickly and therefore fused debuffs start to show how powerful they really are.

I love Prime, but I have to give this one to Megatron. He’s an absolute beast and while he doesn’t do as much damage as Prime, he absolutely trumps him in those longer fights. (AMs and Special Missions). It’s also satisfying to see Megs pull off 20,000 damage+ on specials against RoTK Primal :)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Megatron
    Imagine not being able to take down ROTK Primal
  • This is the umpteenth poll about OGP VS OGM...

Next...
  • Also, when we talk about"strength", please let's not talk about how the AI controls them, any player can use any Bot to beat the AI. Let's have neutral ground and only talk about player usage.

Hmmm.... arcee is no match for a similar level bonecrusher simply due to bleeds. I’d rather retain the future use on my phone rather than play the ranged game for the full fight there
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Megatron
    Because he can be easier to dupe compared to G1 prime

Also;
    ppv359zomt4j.gif
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Megatron
    Oh yea...
    More OGprime vs OG mega comparison Threads
    Seriously guys.. take a chill pill with your opinion.
  • Next up should be a Sideswipe VS Arcee thread...
  • Megatron
    Game wise, or actual character?
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    In all fairness, that else is there to talk about around here. Sure it gets old but every now and then someone posts a new twist.

I get bored sometimes or just want to read something that doesn’t require thinking on my part.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Megatron
    Decimus234 wrote: »

Megatron wins both, so why bother asking?
  • Optimus Prime
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Decimus234 wrote: »

Megatron wins both, so why bother asking?

You are so, so wrong.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Ah, the old which tool is better poll: the saw or the screwdriver?

I personally like to use a screwdriver when it calls for a screwdriver and a saw when it calls for a saw.
  • Megatron
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Ah, the old which tool is better poll: the saw or the screwdriver?

I personally like to use a screwdriver when it calls for a screwdriver and a saw when it calls for a saw.

A bwtter way of framing the question would be, "Which is more useful to you based on the problems in your daily life, a saw or a screwdriver?" I don't know about you, but I'd find more use for a screwdriver in a day than I would for a saw.
  • nuf said about pros and cons of both, but i have to give it to kabam for making OGP and OGM so similar and so different at the same time

wish demo meg could be more comparable to MV1