Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

To AWAKEN or to DUPE again?

I've got an unawakened Shockwave and an Arcee (currently at sig 10) and am wrestling with the decision of which one to get in the last week of the generations event.

One the one hand, I'm not convinced Shockwave is that much better with his UNDO since it's not easily controllable but I like the idea of bumping his PI when he's duped.

On the other hand, bumping Arcee's sig another 5 seems great since it increases her chances of the precision buff, crit rate and evade prevention. Of course her PI would increase as well...

I'm just not clear on which is the "better" option here. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    none mate
  • I've got an unawakened Shockwave and an Arcee (currently at sig 10) and am wrestling with the decision of which one to get in the last week of the generations event.

One the one hand, I'm not convinced Shockwave is that much better with his UNDO since it's not easily controllable but I like the idea of bumping his PI when he's duped.

On the other hand, bumping Arcee's sig another 5 seems great since it increases her chances of the precision buff, crit rate and evade prevention. Of course her PI would increase as well...

I'm just not clear on which is the "better" option here. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Neither. There are better bots to get for Generations chips, even unduped.
  • I'm pretty attached to these two, I really enjoy playing with them and find Shockwave to work in _almost_ every situation so I'll keep on thinking about it.
  • I also have Galvatron in the back of mind for that synergy and Galvatron is fine even when he's not duped so he could be a good candidate. I already have him as a strong 4* so I'm not sure whether I would gain much for quite a while with a 5* Galvatron.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2019
    Man I'll be honest...my 4* Shockwave was my first fully maxed bot. While his damage was absolutely legendary and his shocks would MELT opponents, his Sig 100 only brought his ability up to like a 28% chance for UNDO. It was an absolute waste.
    Arcee is a great bot but doesn't need to be duped. Save your chips mate
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Get Tantrum. Neither Shocky nor Arcee need the dupe. I too love both those bots and use Shocky for everything and everyone. Get someone you don’t have. OGP is another good option or Kickback.
  • Both are good signatures, but I’d say Arcee. Hers is more offensive so it’s got better use
  • thanks @DrShotgun , I see that here: https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Shockwave?action=edit&section=7

I appreciate you all saying good things about these bots, I think their value is obvious but was beginning to think I was on a different planet with some of the previous comments :-)
  • You could always throw sigs into shockwave then lovebomb kabam into changing it to something more useful. I’d join you in that one. His sig while useful at certain times is really underwhelming for such a powerful bot
  • Be like me...wait for tantrum
  • If I had tantrum already, I'd seriously consider it but you really need him duped for the purify right?
  • If I had tantrum already, I'd seriously consider it but you really need him duped for the purify right?

The key is to have the unduped version of many classes (preferably all 6) then go for a random awakening program. That way you'll not be upset at all of the RNG result.

On the other hand, imagine you get Shockwave duped then land a tech awakening...
  • I’m looking at a 5* Kickback or 5* Arcee right now. Kickback would be for the Robotronus counter, but I already have 4 scouts as 5* (including G1 Bee already) & I don’t have Motormaster or Ramjet as 5*s. I am light on 5* Warriors, so Arcee makes perfect sense in that regard, but I don’t want to miss out on a chance to get a Power Consumer like Kickback. What to do...
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Technobot wrote: »
    I’m looking at a 5* Kickback or 5* Arcee right now. Kickback would be for the Robotronus counter, but I already have 4 scouts as 5* (including G1 Bee already) & I don’t have Motormaster or Ramjet as 5*s. I am light on 5* Warriors, so Arcee makes perfect sense in that regard, but I don’t want to miss out on a chance to get a Power Consumer like Kickback. What to do...

Get Arcee. The Robotronus counter is overrated. It’s just Raids. Not even something you MUST do outside of occasions such as the T4 Knight crystal once a month.
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited September 2019
    @JIMMY_SAB & @Bntyhntr3232_ , you've really got me thinking about Tantrum. He could end up being better than my current 4* Grimlock or my 5* MV1 and he has a synergy with Arcee and Galvatron (both of which will make up my current favorite squad...) My Galvatron is currently a 4* so I've been contemplating that 5* at the end too.

Thanks for dropping that idea though, could be the brawler I need on my squad!
    edited September 2019
    congrats on getting your Tantrum @Bntyhntr3232_ ! I'll be getting mine tonight once I finish 5 more DAILY objectives. Thanks again for the advice, I've felt pretty good about this decision since we discussed it :-)
  • He turned his back on me when I told him I didn't have an awakening program for him ^_^
    Tantrum is unbelievably good, hard to master his style but he is more than worth it!
  • Amazing choice!
  • FURYFURY Posts: 12
    So I’m having a hard time deciding who to use my 1 and only 5* awakening program on. I’m down to og prime, og megs or Grimlock. Here are my 5* bots...7btapbpj172d.png
    02gb29vnh03a.png
    pcvl5b6cvsvs.png
    fw5rosr0em2m.png
    rrejnotrqp9c.png
    9s9tpagb20ev.png
  • I'd go OGP because you can't come by his dupe with crystals
    edited September 2019
    Grimlock needs it the most, the others are still great without their sig, if it were me I’d do it heartbeat.
  • Save it for Megatronus
    Megatron's ability is OP as hell but sp is Prime's and I'm guessing you use a team of Prime Ratchet and Jazz so awaken prime