Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to dodge Dino special 1?

I can’t figure it out how to dodge it at short distance from him. Sometimes I side step and it works. Sometimes it just doesn’t......

Comments

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    backstep, sometimes you can still get clipped not sure if that is a bug or the sword rotation, just depends on the distance but backstep works on wall dodges so I'm not sure where sidestep comes from
  • Backstep as far as you can
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    If you back step too early, he'll still get you a little bit. Try waiting till he winds up then backstep as he's attacking.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited September 2019
    BOFAD wrote: »
    backstep, sometimes you can still get clipped not sure if that is a bug or the sword rotation, just depends on the distance but backstep works on wall dodges so I'm not sure where sidestep comes from

That’s my exact point. I can’t take any damage, but if u are not million miles away from him, u sometimes get clipped. ( I am not against wall)
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited September 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    If you back step too early, he'll still get you a little bit. Try waiting till he winds up then backstep as he's attacking.

So from what u are saying even if u are close to him, if you time backstep at right time u can dodge it completely?

I gotta try...(maybe it works for side step too?..)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yeah, I’ve noticed that you can fully evade his SP1 even at close range, pretty sure you only need to time it right
  • Keep smashing him into a sp2. Much easier to dodge.
  • 小龙女 wrote: »

So from what u are saying even if u are close to him, if you time backstep at right time u can dodge it completely?

I always double dash-back to be safe

Lol what is double dash back, if u swipe back twice quickly the end result is same as swipe back once right?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    when the screen goes dark, you have to wait a half second before you dodge back. It's an awkward one.
    小龙女 wrote: »

Lol what is double dash back, if u swipe back twice quickly the end result is same as swipe back once right?

You dash back using 2 fingers, like index and middle, and you go back farther than normal dash back.

You dash back using 2 fingers, like index and middle, and you go back farther than normal dash back.

Damn, what? I use thumb to play, I didn’t know u could use 2 fingers lol. Is that even legal
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    when the screen goes dark, you have to wait a half second before you dodge back. It's an awkward one.

What I hate this. My reflex is not good enough to do that. Maybe I will stick with my a million miles away approach.....

Damn, what? I use thumb to play, I didn’t know u could use 2 fingers lol. Is that even legal

You've been trollt. But seriously, I usually dash back twice.
  • Dash back but you have to wait a little.... If you go back too early, he will still get you. Like Grimlock special 2 or Cyclonus special 1.. Don't panic just learn the rhythm and do the back swipes calmly
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

This.

Or just keep wailing on him till he has two power bars filled and then you won’t have to worry about the S1.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Sidestep requires more accurate timing, it's kinda like sidestepping Galv Sp1
    But I'll prefer backstep because it's more reliable if your not used to do sidestep.
    When you're cornered .. you might wanna backstep twice which is hard compare to a sidestep in that scenario.
    Good luck.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    While we're clearing doubts here, I have a question. I've seen Optimus activate an Attack Buff called, "This Ends Now!" sometimes, usually when the enemy is at low health. What's up with this? It's not mentioned anywhere in his Skillset or Synergies.
    hnng9amph094.png
  • While we're clearing doubts here, I have a question. I've seen Optimus activate an Attack Buff called, "This Ends Now!" sometimes, usually when the enemy is at low health. What's up with this? It's not mentioned anywhere in his Skillset or Synergies.
    hnng9amph094.png

Are u trying to steal the thread man haha

Here is full description
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime
  • While we're clearing doubts here, I have a question. I've seen Optimus activate an Attack Buff called, "This Ends Now!" sometimes, usually when the enemy is at low health. What's up with this? It's not mentioned anywhere in his Skillset or Synergies.
    hnng9amph094.png

It happens after an SP1.
    While we're clearing doubts here, I have a question. I've seen Optimus activate an Attack Buff called, "This Ends Now!" sometimes, usually when the enemy is at low health. What's up with this? It's not mentioned anywhere in his Skillset or Synergies.
    hnng9amph094.png

Are u trying to steal the thread man haha

Here is full description
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

Nah man, floor's all yours. I just didn't want to make another thread specifically for this.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    hnng9amph094.png

It happens after an SP1.

I didn't know it was called that, thanks for helping out!
    hnng9amph094.png

It happens after an SP1.

I didn't know it was called that, thanks for helping out!

My pleasure man!

Like this 😂

n7hots1cmo5g.png
    giphy.gif
  • Dinobot is one of my most used bots. Dashing back twice is best but you gotta be fast. His SP1 can launch him across the screen more than the distance of a single dash. If not timed, he may hit you only one instead of two or three times. If you sidestep more than once and time right, you'll not just avoid it but spin around him and his SP1 will carry him away from you!
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I find that you can also sidestep it as well, but the odds of being clipped by the 1st hit are pretty high.
    And the camera kinda freaks out