Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dodge patterns

BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I just want to collect the dodge patterns in one big thread. Maybe it helps for new players or help someone who is struggling with some enemies.
Correct me of course if I know something wrong or I missed someone!

Backstep - bs
Sidestep - ss
Pause - p

Megatron
Sp1: bs-bs
Sp2: bs-ss

Grimlock:
Sp2: bs-p-bs

Kickback:
Sp1: ss-bs
Sp2: bs-bs repeatedly (2 times is enough I think)

Shockwave:
Sp1: bs-ss
Sp2: bs-ss repeatedly down (2 times is enough if you are doing the sidesteps immediately after the backstep.. I don't know why but for me "up" is not working)

Arcee:
Sp2: bs-bs

Starscream/Thundercracker:

Ramjet:

MV1:
Sp1: bs
Sp2: bs-bs (safer if you do be constantly but if you timed good 2 is enough)

Rhinox:
Sp2: bs-bs-bs and ss immediately

Cheetor:
Sp2: bs-ss (it comes fast after the first move so do it a little faster than usual)

Soundwave:
Sp1: bs-p-ss
Sp2: bs-p-ss

Jetfire:

Dinobot:
Sp1: bs (timing is the key, he is delaying the beggining of the move so if you bs too early he will still get you.. Maybe safer to bs continuosly.. ss is also an option but bs is safer in my opinion)

Drift:
Sp2: bs-bs-p-ss

Mirage:
Sp2: ss-p-bs (watch out the second hit is unblockable! )

Megatron (RotF):
Sp2: bs-ss-ss-ss

Prowl:
Sp2: bs-p-bs (don't be afraid of his sp2 :) the first shot comes fast after the screen goes dark and after it when the shotgun stay still in his hand do the second backstep.. the pause is about 1 second.. Maybe If you learn the rhythm it will be easier than focusing on his gun..)

Bonecrusher:
Sp2: bs-bs-bs

Ultra Magnus:
Sp1: ss

Bludgeon:
Sp1: bs-p-bs (or be continuosly)
Sp2: bs-bs-bs (the third bs will be timed like Prowl's special 2 shots.. If he sticks his short sword/knife/wakizashi into the ground, do the third bs.. but learn the rhythm is easier if you practice against him)

Hot Rod:
Sp2: bs-bs-ss

Tantrum:

Motormaster:
Sp2: bs-bs-bs (prepare for some serious dodge party after this If you don't fight against him Cyclonus or your sp3 is not ready :) )

Mixmaster:
Sp2: bs-ss-block-ss (while blocking he will throw a landmine towards you.. If the landmine reaches the floor you can do the sidestep stay close to him.. Maybe bs is working too but then you will be far from him, and if you try to counter him maybe you eat a concussive block so try backstep at the end)

Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime:
Sp1: bs-bs-bs

Ironhide:
Sp1: bs-bs-ss
Sp2: ss repeatedly (2 shoots can be dodged with 1 ss so you can dodge it with 4 timed sidestep, the last one is delayed.. but repeatedly is safer I think)

Bumblebee (DotM)
Sp2: I STILL NOT KNOW HOW TO DODGE THIS! :D please write down to me.. I really not know how to dodge it.. usually I'm just blocking it :( )

Blaster:
Sp2: ss-ss(you have to time the first dodge precisely, maybe it's a little hard at the beggining )

Bumblebee G1:
Sp2: ss-bs-bs

Cyclonus:
Sp1: bs-p-bs

Galvatron:
Sp1: bs (ss is working too I think)

Grindor:

Hound:
Sp2: ss-ss-block-ss (the beggining is like Ironhide sp2, the ending is like mixmaster sp2)

Jazz:
Sp2: ss-bs

Megatronus:
Sp1: ss-p-ss
Sp2: ss-p-bs or ss

Optimus Primal:
Sp1: ss-p-bs
Sp2: bs-p-bs-bs

Ratchet:
Sp2: bs-bs-p (pause needed at the end, wait a little for the punishment)

Scorponok:
Sp2: ss-p-bs

Sideswipe:

Waspinator:
Sp1: ss (timing important)

Wheeljack:
Sp2: ss-p-ss

Windblade:
Sp2: bs

Sharkticons:

S-1000/scout:
Sp1 - Sideswipe
Sp2 - Prowl

Brawler:
Sp1: Grindor
Sp2: Motormaster

Tactician:
Sp1: Optimus Prime
Sp2: Bumblebee (DotM)

Warrior:
Sp1: Bludgeon
Sp2: Windblade

Tech:
Sp1: Shockwave
Sp2: Mirage

Demolition:
Sp1: Ironhide
Sp2: Megatron (RotF)

I think that's all... I remember there was a golden sharkticon but I think It's the same as S-1000(?)

2 things that I still not know....

1st (as I mentioned): How can I dodge Tactician Bumblebee's Special 2 properly?

2nd: How can I dodge Soundwave and Scorponok's heavy?

I hope this post will help some players :)
May the FORGE be with you!

Comments

• love this, thank you!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Tact Bee is BS-SS-BS-SS.

SW heavy is a backstep or a well timed side step if you're against the wall.

Good idea for new players. Would be nice to have accomplaining GIFs for each one.
  • Great!
  • JKL wrote: »
    Tact Bee is BS-SS-BS-SS.

SW heavy is a backstep or a well timed side step if you're against the wall.

Good idea for new players. Would be nice to have accomplaining GIFs for each one.

Thank you!

It's a good idea, I leave it to the others to make those gifs :) (I'm not lazy, I just want to cooperate some forum members in this :) )
  • So is it true you can BS the 2nd projectile of RJ, Scorp, Moto? I always SS-SS.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    So is it true you can BS the 2nd projectile of RJ, Scorp, Moto? I always SS-SS.

I've never heard of it, but they're easy specials to dodge anyway so I'd just stick to what works.
    If there's nothing wrong with it, don't change it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    BS
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Ramjet S1 dodge pattern is incorrect. It's ss-ss
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    JKL wrote: »
    Tact Bee is BS-SS-BS-SS.

Yeah, but the timing is all screwy... It's like trying to dodge a seizure, until you get it right
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Tact Bee is BS-SS-BS-SS.

Yeah, but the timing is all screwy... It's like trying to dodge a seizure, until you get it right

Somehow I instinctively can dodge that without really focusing. It’s scary.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    Tact Bee is BS-SS-BS-SS.

Somehow I instinctively can dodge that without really focusing. It’s scary.

Same! Some might say I'm addicted to this game, but now I'm wondering if they're right.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Ramjet S1 dodge pattern is incorrect. It's ss-ss

Of course it is!

Thanks! Why am I wrote bs? :D You're right! Maybe it was a little too late in here when I was wrote it :)
    Unfortunately I cannot change it anymore.. :/
  • Is bluedgeon last sp2 hit really dodgeable?
  • Wait wait wait...is this real thing?

They have a certain dodge patterns??
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    omernuz wrote: »
    Is bluedgeon last sp2 hit really dodgeable?

It’s easier than Prowl’s SP2
  • I just want to collect the dodge patterns in one big thread. Maybe it helps for new players or help someone who is struggling with some enemies.
    Correct me of course if I know something wrong or I missed someone!

Backstep - bs
    Sidestep - ss
    Pause - p

Megatron

Grimlock:
    Sp2: bs-p-bs

Kickback:
    Sp2: bs-bs repeatedly (2 times is enough I think)

Shockwave:
    Sp2: bs-ss repeatedly down (2 times is enough if you are doing the sidesteps immediately after the backstep.. I don't know why but for me "up" is not working)

Arcee:

Starscream/Thundercracker:

Ramjet:

MV1:
    Sp2: bs-bs (safer if you do be constantly but if you timed good 2 is enough)

Rhinox:
    Sp2: bs-bs-bs and ss immediately

Cheetor:
    Sp2: bs-ss (it comes fast after the first move so do it a little faster than usual)

Soundwave:

Jetfire:

Dinobot:
    Sp1: bs (timing is the key, he is delaying the beggining of the move so if you bs too early he will still get you.. Maybe safer to bs continuosly.. ss is also an option but bs is safer in my opinion)

Drift:
    Sp2: bs-bs-p-ss

Mirage:
    Sp2: ss-p-bs (watch out the second hit is unblockable! )

Megatron (RotF):
    Sp2: bs-ss-ss-ss

Prowl:
    Sp2: bs-p-bs (don't be afraid of his sp2 :) the first shot comes fast after the screen goes dark and after it when the shotgun stay still in his hand do the second backstep.. the pause is about 1 second.. Maybe If you learn the rhythm it will be easier than focusing on his gun..)

Bonecrusher:

Ultra Magnus:
    Sp1: ss

Bludgeon:
    Sp1: bs-p-bs (or be continuosly)
    Sp2: bs-bs-bs (the third bs will be timed like Prowl's special 2 shots.. If he sticks his short sword/knife/wakizashi into the ground, do the third bs.. but learn the rhythm is easier if you practice against him)

Hot Rod:

Tantrum:

Motormaster:
    Sp2: bs-bs-bs (prepare for some serious dodge party after this If you don't fight against him Cyclonus or your sp3 is not ready :) )

Mixmaster:
    Sp2: bs-ss-block-ss (while blocking he will throw a landmine towards you.. If the landmine reaches the floor you can do the sidestep stay close to him.. Maybe bs is working too but then you will be far from him, and if you try to counter him maybe you eat a concussive block so try backstep at the end)

Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime:

Ironhide:
    Sp1: bs-bs-ss
    Sp2: ss repeatedly (2 shoots can be dodged with 1 ss so you can dodge it with 4 timed sidestep, the last one is delayed.. but repeatedly is safer I think)

Bumblebee (DotM)
    Sp2: I STILL NOT KNOW HOW TO DODGE THIS! :D please write down to me.. I really not know how to dodge it.. usually I'm just blocking it :( )

Blaster:
    Sp2: ss-ss(you have to time the first dodge precisely, maybe it's a little hard at the beggining )

Bumblebee G1:
    Sp2: ss-bs-bs

Cyclonus:
    Sp1: bs-p-bs

Galvatron:
    Sp1: bs (ss is working too I think)

Grindor:

Hound:
    Sp2: ss-ss-block-ss (the beggining is like Ironhide sp2, the ending is like mixmaster sp2)

Jazz:
    Sp2: ss-bs

Megatronus:
    Sp1: ss-p-ss
    Sp2: ss-p-bs or ss

Optimus Primal:
    Sp1: ss-p-bs
    Sp2: bs-p-bs-bs

Ratchet:
    Sp2: bs-bs-p (pause needed at the end, wait a little for the punishment)

Scorponok:
    Sp2: ss-p-bs

Sideswipe:

Waspinator:
    Sp1: ss (timing important)

Wheeljack:
    Sp2: ss-p-ss

Windblade:
    Sp2: bs

Sharkticons:

S-1000/scout:
    Sp1 - Sideswipe
    Sp2 - Prowl

Brawler:
    Sp1: Grindor
    Sp2: Motormaster

Tactician:
    Sp1: Optimus Prime
    Sp2: Bumblebee (DotM)

Warrior:
    Sp1: Bludgeon
    Sp2: Windblade

Tech:
    Sp1: Shockwave
    Sp2: Mirage

Demolition:
    Sp1: Ironhide
    Sp2: Megatron (RotF)

I think that's all... I remember there was a golden sharkticon but I think It's the same as S-1000(?)

2 things that I still not know....

1st (as I mentioned): How can I dodge Tactician Bumblebee's Special 2 properly?

2nd: How can I dodge Soundwave and Scorponok's heavy?

I hope this post will help some players :)
    May the FORGE be with you!

Hi...there is a mistake about tact shark...SP are the inverted.
  • Wow, that's a lot of 'bs' :D
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

I really don't know this. I can dodge prowl sp2 but always block bluedgeon sp2 last hit. Thanks my friends.
  • Tyberious wrote: »
    I can't sidestep anything. My opponents have 360° striking area. I managed to get behind a Megatron today while his Sp 1 was going and still got hit after his mace hit the ground and then spun around to face me.

Adjust your timing..start to dodge a little later :)
    And..as you can see above, try to dodge it with bs-bs.. and he cannot track your moves ;)
  • Wow, that's a lot of 'bs' :D

Some specials are dodgeable in other ways, I just shared what fits to me the best 🤜🤛
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »

I really don't know this. I can dodge prowl sp2 but always block bluedgeon sp2 last hit. Thanks my friends.

It’s the opposite for me. I always get hit by Prowl’s SP2, leaving me no other choice but to block it. For Bludgeon, I just backstep when aims his cannon at you
  • @BonesetterHUN Since it's impossible to edit these types of posts, what would you think of adding this info to the fandom? I'm not really sure how to go about that but I know there are strategies out there already for playing bots...thanks for considering!
  • @BonesetterHUN Since it's impossible to edit these types of posts, what would you think of adding this info to the fandom? I'm not really sure how to go about that but I know there are strategies out there already for playing bots...thanks for considering!

Good idea :) Correction is important.. for example Ramjet special 1 in here.. I accidentally wrote it wrong as @Manthro mentioned
    If it helps some player I'm happy :)
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Hound SP2 (no damage taken from blocking): SS, SS, FS, BS

• Synthwave wrote: »

Ahh, thanks. This is helpful. I've never once successfully dodged his grenade.
  • Synthwave wrote: »

FS is Front Step (dash forward?) I didn't noticed that if you block the grenade you will take damage.. :open_mouth:
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    @BonesetterHUN Since it's impossible to edit these types of posts, what would you think of adding this info to the fandom? I'm not really sure how to go about that but I know there are strategies out there already for playing bots...thanks for considering!

I did it :) So much easier to type in a notebook than my phone :D This thread was typed on a mobile phone....it takes soooo much time to made it.... and it still wasn't perfect :(

Thanks for the corrections guys #insertbrofist
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Synthwave wrote: »

Ahh, thanks. This is helpful. I've never once successfully dodged his grenade.

someone once told me to sidestep just as it lines up with the bots head on the way down. Works every time