Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatron (RotF) needs to be Reworked

GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Megatron (RotF) SERIOUSLY needs to be Reworked. This is my Favorite Bayformers Character and for me to see him this Weak. It's Sad.

v6q3jwzazure.png

I have at least ONE Idea:
- Apply a Shock Debuff dealing 10% of total Damage for every 10 Charge (9 Shock Debuffs MAX) that lasts for 8 seconds - Triggers when hit by a Fusion Cannon Shot in Vehicle Mode.

Comments

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2019
    He MIGHT be one of the featured characters in the store next month, so there's a chance he could be reworked.

And yes, he may have been good back then but now he's very aged and should definitely hit harder considering he's a MEGATRON.

Here was my suggestion:
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/93271/#Comment_93271
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited September 2019
    He MIGHT be one of the featured characters in the store next month, so there's a chance he could be reworked.

And yes, he may have been good back then but now he's very aged and should definitely hit harder considering he's a MEGATRON.

Here was my suggestion:
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/93271/#Comment_93271

Good Suggestions!
    -The Impair Charges one is a Good Idea, but I feel like Megatron should give out Dot Debuffs(Shock or Bleed). Shock from the Fusion Cannon, Bleeds from the melee attacks. But still, great Idea for Resistance Down!
    -The Unstoppable one is a Really Good Idea, but I think that the Unstoppable should purify EVERYTHING. Not just Armor Break, since it only triggers 3 times.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Still good, but power crept to hell
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Agreed, definitely my least favorite Demo to play as
  • Ramjet first. Then Demotron

When his time comes for an update, here are some ideas I have for him
    -Impair Charges lower the opponents attack by 0.2% for every charge
    -No longer gains an attack buff after missing heavy attacks
    -Gains 50% armor and attack while Unstoppable

And change his AI so he’ll stop spamming heavy attacks when he’s Unstoppable, it makes him way too easy to fight against. G1 Megatron is absolutely terrifying to fight against, because two little screw ups leave you with a permanent debuff and the ability to lose your own buffs. The only time Demotron is a threat is when he’s on a Harm Accelerator.

Give him those changes and he might be threatening
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    The only thing I'd like to change on him is:
    Making the crit damage on a special 3 more than it is compared to using a heavy attack
    Increasing the duration of the range buff from special 2 because it just doesn't last long enough for me to use it.
  • I think RotF Megatron can be devastating in the game. He really need Barricade for the double impair synergy.. but I think he is good both in meelee and ranged fight, sp3 is brutal (if you stack his impair charges) @Inqosly wasn't reach his true potential in his video in my opinion. The sp1+heavy tactics can be good against lower health enemies and/or in expert/master enemies. But harder bosses or Legends of Cybertron maps he not just need to reach the max crit rate but need to buff further to get crit dmg buff for maximum potential
  • I think RotF Megatron can be devastating in the game. He really need Barricade for the double impair synergy.. but I think he is good both in meelee and ranged fight, sp3 is brutal (if you stack his impair charges) @Inqosly wasn't reach his true potential in his video in my opinion. The sp1+heavy tactics can be good against lower health enemies and/or in expert/master enemies. But harder bosses or Legends of Cybertron maps he not just need to reach the max crit rate but need to buff further to get crit dmg buff for maximum potential

He's decent, but for a MEGATRON he needs to be more powerful.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Ramjet first. Then Demotron

And change his AI so he’ll stop spamming heavy attacks when he’s Unstoppable, it makes him way too easy to fight against. G1 Megatron is absolutely terrifying to fight against, because two little screw ups leave you with a permanent debuff and the ability to lose your own buffs. The only time Demotron is a threat is when he’s on a Harm Accelerator.

why is demotron a threat on harm accelerator?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I
    DaveJL wrote: »

Just my speculation on what @BrickT1973 meant. Demotron AI hangs back and shoots all day right? This leads to a slightly longer fight hence making HA a bit more effective. Obviously he’s still a cakewalk but I get the logic.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    I

Just my speculation on what @BrickT1973 meant. Demotron AI hangs back and shoots all day right? This leads to a slightly longer fight hence making HA a bit more effective. Obviously he’s still a cakewalk but I get the logic.

Beast Wars Team with Primal make Harm Accelerators useless.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited September 2019
    I think demotron is pretty strong, though I would give him extra attack damage (not related to Crit damage) on his specials based on the amount impure stacks he has inflicted. It would give his attack an extra zing that a demo bot is supposed to have.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    I

Beast Wars Team with Primal make Harm Accelerators useless.

What are you talking about? That’s like saying the sky is blue. I wasn’t saying Harm Accelerator could not be countered, just trying to explain how Megatron’s AI prolongs the fight and how that is one way to make HA more effective because the mod relies on time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2019
    How to fix Demotron:

Impair charges should reduce both physical and energy resistance with each one landed.

Impair charges SHOULD NOT expire for any reason other than after you use an S3

This way, Demotron is doing progressively more damage with all basic and special attacks throughout the fight.

This is the only way I can see him being good.

Perhaps add instant shock damage on any heavy attack landed while unstoppable as well.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

I was saying he’s a threat on HA because he has a high attack rating and does tend to artificially lengthen fights. Going against him with anyone except my high level Techs, he deals lots of damage with it. But he still isn’t a huge threat because all his attacks are so predictable.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    Manthro wrote: »
    How to fix Demotron:

Impair charges should reduce both physical and energy resistance with each one landed.

Impair charges SHOULD NOT expire for any reason other than after you use an S3

This way, Demotron is doing progressively more damage with all basic and special attacks throughout the fight.

This is the only way I can see him being good.

Perhaps add instant shock damage on any heavy attack landed while unstoppable as well.

And what if you don't want to be fight with him against rotk/rok enemies, just like hard or expert spotlight enemies? Your impair charges are do nice job on those enemies with a heavy... impair must be consumed if you land a crit heavy.. if not, he will become overpowered.. ranged dmg and speed already buffed on him, impair is increasing crit chance and crit dmg.. if it's not expire you will just sit back and spam heavies all the time with increased crit chance, crit dmg, ranged speed, ranged attack :) And with just 20 impair, you get 100% chance to crit...

I think Megatron is good enough just everyone wants another Galvatron type demo who pops up large crit numbers on one hit