Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arcee or Galvatron????

Please help me. I will be expected to earn 40k chip, 20k for og prime so I have 20k left. I have never used these 2 bots quite frequently before so I am still undecided on who to spend the rest 20k chips on. :(
Or I should save it for the Generation Crystal to get a chance at other bots 😊

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Galvatron
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    What are the bots are you using? Are you using the bleed mastery? Have you got another Warrior/Demo besides them?

Galvatron hits like a truck, he can do really high burst dmg but Arcee has better abilities like that fast power gain, evade, bleed, precision.. Everyone goes to Galvatron because of the high damage but single hit damage is not everything.. Galvatron needs blocking periodically and after it you have to land the heavy or the special clearly before it expires.. It's more periodic fight (I don't know how can I say properly).. Arcee's fighting style is more fluid, and faster

I don't say Arcee is better than Galvatron but It's different.. both of them mainly ranged type but the abilities makes them really different. :)
  • Let's look it from the perspective of opening a 5* crystal.
    There are 5 demos and 5 warriors in the 5* pool. 3 demos are low tier (Mix, Wasp, Demo Megs) while only 1 Warrior is meh (Hot Rod). Since you have better chance to land a good warrior (don't forget Scorponok may be coming in the following months), I'd say go for Galvatron with Chips. Sorry if the tier judgement sounds subjective.
  • Well to me, they are both middle tier bots. I do think Galvatron is better because demo bots are supposed to be strong. But I really love the tearing bullets of arcee. It is a very hard choice between these 2 bots 😊 But I think I will go for the crystal because I want to have a chance at Wheeljack, Tantrum or Windblade. They are top tier bots to me 😂
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited September 2019
    @CrankClaw your team usually helps decide this

EDIT: and tantrum is definitely awesome
  • Galvatron. Trust all the Commanders on this one. Once you start playing him more, you’ll understand.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    depends on which direction you want to build your roster and what synergy you like and play style. Both really solid bots
    There are 5 demos and 5 warriors in the 5* pool. 3 demos are low tier (Mix, Wasp, Demo Megs) while only 1 Warrior is meh (Hot Rod). Since you have better chance to land a good warrior (don't forget Scorponok may be coming in the following months), I'd say go for Galvatron with Chips. Sorry if the tier judgement sounds subjective.

I know it’s just opinion, but I’m curious. What makes you rate wasp so low? Surely he deserves to be on a higher pedestal than rotf megs? Quite a versatile and effective bot from personal experience.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    Let's look it from the perspective of opening a 5* crystal.

I know it’s just opinion, but I’m curious. What makes you rate wasp so low? Surely he deserves to be on a higher pedestal than rotf megs? Quite a versatile and effective bot from personal experience.

When Waspinator was the monthly AM bot I am surprised that he can be that good.. purely a ranged bot but if you time your resist debuffs he can be devastating.. really underestimated I think.. his heavy is really cool too.. nullify a resist, do a resistance debuff and do really good dmg.. and when his health drops below 50% he will become more powerful.. In my opinion he is a very underestimated bot, but truly needs a ranged focused player

When Waspinator was the monthly AM bot I am surprised that he can be that good.. purely a ranged bot but if you time your resist debuffs he can be devastating.. really underestimated I think.. his heavy is really cool too.. nullify a resist, do a resistance debuff and do really good dmg.. and when his health drops below 50% he will become more powerful.. In my opinion he is a very underestimated bot, but truly needs a ranged focused player

He’s bloody devastating when used right. Can’t underestimate those resist debuffs, especially when under 25% health and sp3 happens to be ready.... solid sp1 as well.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    CrankClaw wrote: »
    Please help me. I will be expected to earn 40k chip, 20k for og prime so I have 20k left. I have never used these 2 bots quite frequently before so I am still undecided on who to spend the rest 20k chips on. :(
    Or I should save it for the Generation Crystal to get a chance at other bots 😊

Both are in the 5* crystal, it really doesn’t matter their both excellent I’ve got both, but I find myself using Arcee a lot to synergy with G1 Optimus and G1 Bee
    Galvatron when played correctly does more damage then Arcee though, and if you run Decepticons Galvatron will be even better
  • With your squad I’d suggest Arcee. Let your demo be IH and you’ll love that team. I personally love Arcee... a lot of people complain about how squishy she is to attacks but honestly the name of this game becomes dodging and evading anyway so that argument doesn’t hold much weight with me. Arcee my man, Arcee.
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    I have and like them both.
    Don’t see a wrong choice here.
    For me personally, I’d take Arcee.
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    It’s so easily galvatron. (Power)

But arcee is at the top of her class too.

This statement calls for a bot balance!!!! Make hound great again!!! (or for once, depending on opinion.....)

On a serious note, galv is the undisputed top demo in terms of damage output. The block is well worth the ridiculous damage that follows. Arcee being best warrior is player dependant though..... drift and bludgeon are still very solid options for those who prefer to melee more....

Gonna have to give the vote to galvatron though. I’d swap my duped arcee for an unduped galvatron any day.
  • I'd base this on which Demo/Warrior bots the OP currently has and is working on upgrading. If they have Ironhide and Tronus then there isn't a big need for a good demo and I might sway to choose Arcee (I have her at 5/50 max forge and she is a terror)
    If the demo pool for OP is weak then Galv can really make a difference, like most said his damage is top tier. So both good options but really take a look at where your bot pool is weakest.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Galvatron is a monster, seriously.
    Arcee is a damn good bot, but this is like a comparison between a good old truck and a semi.
    One is just bigger, badder, and stronger.