8.2 Discussion Thread

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Thank you for this much-needed bot update; very much appreciated.

I know the update for Act 4 is later, but are these bot changes live now or will they get pushed through with the Act 4 release?

Thanks!
«13

Comments

  • Do you mean the Bug Fixes? They'll be active when you download Version 8.2
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 981
    Sorry yes, the bug fixes. And yes, that answers my question. I know for the last update that had bug fixes in it, the fixes went through immediately before the update dropped. Was just asking for clarification there. Thanks!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 981
    Can you offer some clarity on the Ratchet bug fix? @Kabam Miike

    "Fixed an issue where Ratchet’s stun debuff would not trigger when hitting with a critical hit ranged attack."

    Is this meant to say "shock" instead of "stun" or is it supposed to say "hitting with a critical hit melee attack" rather than "hitting with a critical hit ranged attack"?

    Thanks!

  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 981
    edited September 23
    Also, is it too late to add Jetfire's bug to the 8.2 list? @Kabam Miike

    When his health is below 75%, he's supposed to have his damage repair system already online and instead it's starting every fight offline. Should be an easy last minute fix.

    Thanks!
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Can you offer some clarity on the Ratchet bug fix? @Kabam Miike

    "Fixed an issue where Ratchet’s stun debuff would not trigger when hitting with a critical hit ranged attack."

    Is this meant to say "shock" instead of "stun" or is it supposed to say "hitting with a critical hit melee attack" rather than "hitting with a critical hit ranged attack"?

    Thanks!

    The issue was that Ratchet's Critical Ability wasn't acting on Ranged Hits, we've corrected that.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,391
    Do you mean the Bug Fixes? They'll be active when you download Version 8.2

    Please tell me it won't make the new device I bought, specifically to play forged to fight, won't be made incompatible with the release of 8.2?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,964
    Didn’t see it in the notes so I’m guessing Thundercracker will still not be able to purify Barricade’s backfire after this update…
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 55
    edited September 23
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Do you mean the Bug Fixes? They'll be active when you download Version 8.2

    Please tell me it won't make the new device I bought, specifically to play forged to fight, won't be made incompatible with the release of 8.2?

    Just the tech in me, but you may want to indicate what device you are talking about, Manufacture and model at least, more info the better.

    Always bugs me when people ask for help, but don't tell you what they need help with.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 981
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Didn’t see it in the notes so I’m guessing Thundercracker will still not be able to purify Barricade’s backfire after this update…

    That's the other "bug" I would've liked to have seen fixed. Timer locks on special animations for Sideswipe and Thundercracker. Changing Sideswipe from needing to hit opponents on heavies to purify shock to just doing a heavy (regardless if it hits) would've been nice to see too.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 120
    Nemesis Prime synergies are broken not only with ogp. Take that in consideration @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • I would like it if stolen/copied Crit Armor actually worked. The pause screen text description says it is Crit Armor, yet it does not protect me from Critical Hits.

    Tantrum's Unstoppable from his SP3 needs to be locked until the Special Attack ends.
    Others need this on SP3 as well (Wheeljack's Stun, Scorponok's Daze, etc.)
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 887
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Didn’t see it in the notes so I’m guessing Thundercracker will still not be able to purify Barricade’s backfire after this update…

    That's the other "bug" I would've liked to have seen fixed. Timer locks on special animations for Sideswipe and Thundercracker. Changing Sideswipe from needing to hit opponents on heavies to purify shock to just doing a heavy (regardless if it hits) would've been nice to see too.

    Yeah, I personally was expecting a lot more fixes than what they did.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 476
    @Kabam Miike please take a look at Jazz’s hit boxes. He seems to miss more often than any other bot with both his light and medium attacks to start a combo. It’s been countless times in AM missing his dash in on a completely open enemy only to eat a special.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,787
    Please change so that Sideswipe purifies on the start of his heavy instead of having to hit the enemy.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 440
    Want to hear more about this 3-Month Story Arc beginning in October. Will it be one Spotlight Mission over 3 months or a Trilogy of related missions?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,964
    Technobot wrote: »
    Want to hear more about this 3-Month Story Arc beginning in October. Will it be one Spotlight Mission over 3 months or a Trilogy of related missions?

    Pretty sure it’s just one story per monthly spotlight mission.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,787
    To be fair, it is until seeing the list of bug fixes that I know many of them exist.
  • So no word on the other Masteries that flat out don't work?
    • The final "Full Mettle" mastery that's supposed to give your bots a 10% armor buff as long as they are above 85% health doesn't work. The second tier does, and grants the buff until you drop to 90%. I just went ahead and redistributed points, but it'd be nice if it worked.
    • As far as I can tell, the "Stand Together" Mastery that's supposed to basically give my Squad the Sig of Ultra Magnus doesn't actually change my PI. It says it grants +3.5% Attack against the final boss for each team member that hasn't been knocked out. Well both before and during battle, my bots' PI din't change. I didn't several test runs without relics and without changing masteries to see if it changed at the final boss. Never budged. +17.5% attack would be HUGE, but I never saw it.

    Also, what about the Gold Boosting Relics not working either? The Gold Hound Relic, Bumblebee Relic, Cloaking Field Relic, and Star Saber Relic do not appear to be applied when selling Ore-13. The Star Saber does boost my attack in Special Missions, but it doesn't affect the gold generation whatsoever. I can't tell if the Cloaking Field is boosting Raid Chip rewards or not.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,787
    Please take some time to fix Drift's attack range, he misses his slashes so often that even your AI isn't so sure how to properly land a melee as in this video:
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,964
    How about being able to sell tier 3 alpha sparks? At least for gold...
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 197
    edited September 24
    XaosPrime wrote: »
    So no word on the other Masteries that flat out don't work?
    • The final "Full Mettle" mastery that's supposed to give your bots a 10% armor buff as long as they are above 85% health doesn't work. The second tier does, and grants the buff until you drop to 90%. I just went ahead and redistributed points, but it'd be nice if it worked.
    • As far as I can tell, the "Stand Together" Mastery that's supposed to basically give my Squad the Sig of Ultra Magnus doesn't actually change my PI. It says it grants +3.5% Attack against the final boss for each team member that hasn't been knocked out. Well both before and during battle, my bots' PI din't change. I didn't several test runs without relics and without changing masteries to see if it changed at the final boss. Never budged. +17.5% attack would be HUGE, but I never saw it.

    Also, what about the Gold Boosting Relics not working either? The Gold Hound Relic, Bumblebee Relic, Cloaking Field Relic, and Star Saber Relic do not appear to be applied when selling Ore-13. The Star Saber does boost my attack in Special Missions, but it doesn't affect the gold generation whatsoever. I can't tell if the Cloaking Field is boosting Raid Chip rewards or not.
    I don’t think your bots PI is supposed to change. If you have the courage mastery and your bots health drops below 50 or so percent you get an attack boost but your bots pi remains unchanged.

    I have also watched my Galvy go from 4.6k heavies to 5.2k heavies against final bosses.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 740
    Darm0k wrote: »
    How about being able to sell tier 3 alpha sparks? At least for gold...

    It would be great if we can sell T3A sparks for T2As please
  • When can we expect the update to be available for download?
  • Sycko5 wrote: »
    I don’t think your bots PI is supposed to change. If you have the courage mastery and your bots health drops below 50 or so percent you get an attack boost but your bots pi remains unchanged.

    I have also watched my Galvy go from 4.6k heavies to 5.2k heavies against final bosses.

    Ah, okay, that might make sense for that situation. I honestly didn't check to see if I was doing more damage or not, but I don't recall seeing an Attack Buff activate either. I don't have it active anymore because I didn't see the point, but I may check it out in the future.

    Full Mettle Mastery should definitely still show the Armor Buff though and it doesn't - it simply drops off once you dip below 90% health. I think I'm one of like 30 people to actually spend Mastery Points on defense, but it helps when you have bots like Primal and Rhinox.
  • Everybody please remember that there is a Bugs Section of the forum. This Thread is not the place to be asking about bugs unrelated to Version 8.2. Please use that section of the Forum for updates and reports of Bugs.
  • SteffSteff Posts: 68
    updated and here I can not access the game bravo
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 525
    Steff wrote: »
    updated and here I can not access the game bravo

    Yeah. me too
  • SteffSteff Posts: 68
    edited September 24
    on the android turn
Sign In or Register to comment.