Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Big health vs big armor

DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
So I've often wondered which is actually better for longevity?
Let's say I have Grimlock and Grindor.
Grimlock has 40k health, less armor
Grindor has 35k but more passive armor
(Both numbers estimated)
Which bot will be able to take more hits assuming the crit rate and opponents damage hasn't changed. Identical fighter.
Has anyone experimented with something like this?
I've been hoping to see armor ratings displayed for about 2 years now to no avail...

Comments

• My instinct says health values more. Armor can be penetrated/DOT through/Feral struck through/broken, etc.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    My instinct says health values more. Armor can be penetrated/DOT through/Feral struck through/broken, etc.

Makes sense. I'd love to see someone test this theory with some stout bots.
    Maybe I'll try my hand at this. I have a Grimlock and Grindor both at a relatively similar level I believe.
    I'd also like to see the comparison between Grindor and Tantrum.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Forgot to mention the TC enemy bot was a 2* with PI Rating of 468 (unduped).
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    I did a test and Armor proved to yield more longevity under certain conditions:

Enemy Bot:
    Thundercracker (I chose him because no crits and DOT only occurs with his SP3 — which never happened in all 9 fights observed below)

Test Bots used (R2/4* for all):
    Tantrum (Health = 3420)
    Grimlock (Health = 3873)
    Grindor (Health = 3458)

- PI Ratings for all were around 820-840
    - No synergies used
    - all duped

Test Results (3 fights each):

Tantrum (took 83 hits on average)
    Grimlock (took 87 hits on average)
    Grindor (took 116 hits on average)

Grindor can not only take more punishment, but he is by far the better dancer. Joking aside, I didn’t operate the test bot at all. Just stood there and let the AI pound away.

Good work. This is a bit surprising Ill admit. I figured Tantrum would take more than Grindor AND Grimlock.
    Another interesting thing...Grindor had substantially less health than From yet was still able to take more punishment.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2019
    @JIMMY_SAB there's one thing that comes to mind: Grindor applies crit rate debuff. I'm not sure but TC's attack rating stacks provided that "imaginary crit hit" procs. If due to a lowered crit rate, TC can't even "crit", he can't have that attack buff.

On another note, we don't know if the difference in health (around 430, in this example) equals what damage Grindor's armor could mitigate. Grindor has a permanent passive armor and amour buffs here and there, so it's complicated.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    @KillMasterC Yeh, it’s def not straightforward. Even more simple though, I notice that individual hits from TC were just lower in the amount of the health they took when NOT buffed vs Grindor.