Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

My Megatronus boycott

So as I work on these brutal 75 raids...the last real challenge before I unwrap my new green Bee,I realize how BORED I've gotten of seeing RoboTronus on every...last...base...my GOD.
I honestly feel I'm fighting the same base over and over and over again... RoboTronus, Bone on HA, Grindor on Exo.
Let's change it up. You basically get nothing from winning a defense if ever it happens...be original.
Here are.some.of the more interesting combos I've fought and enjoyed:
Wheeljack+HA
Wheeljack+Exo
Sideswipe/Hot Rod/Barricade+NBM
Windblade+HA
Rhinox+Strange Refractor
Soundwave+Refractor

Feel free to add. If you're gonna build a base, try something new.

I also VOW I will never have a RoboTronus on my base.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Just use a team of KB, Motor, JF and you'll laugh at how quickly you will mow down any combination of bots/mods on any base.

You're welcome
  • Wait till the top dogs have their Sideswipe at sig 100 then + Tech Console.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Wait till the top dogs have their Sideswipe at sig 100 then + Tech Console.

I've had Sideswipe on the console....Jesus that was a fight...as mom used to say.."like trying to hand snot on a clothes line"
    Skorp is also a bastard on that mod.

@Manthro I use KB as a staple on my raid team. I was short in chips picking him up as a 5*. I reeeally need him.
    I haven't used JF enough to be skilled at his party, but he's a great bot.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    nwpdpb9ttunh.jpeg
    Imagine asking for people to get “creative” on the most boring and repetitive game mode
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    So as I work on these brutal 75 raids...the last real challenge before I unwrap my new green Bee,I realize how BORED I've gotten of seeing RoboTronus on every...last...base...my GOD.
    I honestly feel I'm fighting the same base over and over and over again... RoboTronus, Bone on HA, Grindor on Exo.
    Let's change it up. You basically get nothing from winning a defense if ever it happens...be original.
    Here are.some.of the more interesting combos I've fought and enjoyed:
    Wheeljack+HA
    Wheeljack+Exo
    Sideswipe/Hot Rod/Barricade+NBM
    Windblade+HA
    Rhinox+Strange Refractor
    Soundwave+Refractor

Feel free to add. If you're gonna build a base, try something new.

I also VOW I will never have a RoboTronus on my base.

Robot Resource is an unpleasant mod all around, but yeah Robo-Tronus and HA Bonecrusher are two I always see. It’s so boring.

Some more neat ones
    Cyclonus on a Superconductor
    Blaster/Starscream on Laser Guidance Module
    Sideswipe/Ramjet on EMI Module
    Arcee on Nightbirds Mark
    Grimlock on Paralyzer
    Soundwave/Shockwave on Repair Module
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Some underrated combos:

Barry (Duped) + Laser Guidance
    - surprising how often you find yourself having to wait for the Backfire to expire.

MixMaster or Dino + Strange Refractor
    - I like to believe this combo spawned the idea for Jetfire’s parry-stun.

Ultra Magnus + EMI
    - Suits his AI very well. Especially how he sets up his SP1.

As for RoboTronus. I’ll say this much. With a few exceptions, generating Gold is the best use of your base. Top tier players have enough 5* bots now to fully cover it. Mid tier players who can’t spare seven 5* bots who also have Megatronus should still be using Tronus for solo missions anyways so no pressing reason to have him on base.

Above all else, I hope players can see the opportunity that @DrShotgun points out. We control base design and can generate variety in the game.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    For some reason I find a high rated Primal on Strange Refractor harder much more annoying than Robotronus. After one incident with that mod combination, I had to include Dinobot in my raid team.
  • On that note, Primal on Exo is even more annoying since it keeps Dinobot/Cheetor away and since you can't really fuse anything with OG Megs, he can't steal buffs as he likes.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @JIMMY_SAB Ultra Magnus on EMI is a great combo. Keeps Magnus's melee armor buffs maxed. Real pain:)
  • Tact Bee on EMI is also a good combination. It helps Bee from having to switch between ranged and melee evade modes.