Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game lock up in Away missions

It’s been going for months. After claiming prizes, trying to enter the page to start a new Away mission will lock up the game like half the time . Must kill and restart the game. IPhone users at least. Others in the Alliance confirm.

Many updates ago this was fixed but then came back on the next update after that.

Can this be looked into and fixed again please? Thanks

Comments

• Same happens to me several times a day. Android user. 29qgwc8c9b0t.jpg
  • Same here. OnePlus 6. Updated android 9.

Occurs at least 1 in 8 away missions.
  • same here, Moto X4, Android 9
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Oh yeah its so annoying, here's what i do
    Whenever that happens, Airplane mode on - 1 second pause- and airplane mode off
    That takes me back to away mission screen with the all the missions appearing as they should be.

Pause a lil longer and you'll need to reconnect.
  • Slayer wrote: »
    Oh yeah its so annoying, here's what i do
    Whenever that happens, Airplane mode on - 1 second pause- and airplane mode off
    That takes me back to away mission screen with the all the missions appearing as they should be.

Pause a lil longer and you'll need to reconnect.

That sounds like it makes it 25% less annoying, but I’ll take anything at this point so thanks 🙏.

• 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited September 2019
    This happens like 20 times a day to me.

I am not joking! 20 times!!!

Every time I come back to app after 10 minutes for away mission, my screen locks up.

Waste so much of my time a day

I posted a thread many months back, Kabam said will take a look, but just sinked into oblivion

I am on iOS.

@Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Rimehaven
    @Kabam Custos
    @Kabam Tenebrous
  • After I typed my reply, and went back to app. Surprise! Kill my app again. Great stuff
  • Man I know this got fixed like 6 months ago and then a big update happened and it came back.

Super bothersome with away missions made fun again last month-ish.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    When I play on my iPhone Xs, I always run into this issue. On my iPad Pro and S10+, no issues.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »
    When I play on my iPhone Xs, I always run into this issue. On my iPad Pro and S10+, no issues.

Do you have all the latest devices to play this game?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Darm0k wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

Do you have all the latest devices to play this game?

Nah, iPhone 11 just launched today so I'm behind 😉 iPad is a gen behind too.
  • This happens often on my iPhone. Never on my iPad.
  • It happens on Android 10 pixel 3 xl and essential phone. Android pie Samsung s8+, Samsung a50, and LG g8
  • Happened here too. I refreshed the app then I could do missions again

iPad mini 2
  • Hey gang! Sorry for the slow response here, I've been gone the last two days but appreciate the information that you've been sharing.

I'll get this sent over and looked at by our team! If you have anymore device info to share, please do!
  • Hey gang! Sorry for the slow response here, I've been gone the last two days but appreciate the information that you've been sharing.

I'll get this sent over and looked at by our team! If you have anymore device info to share, please do!

Thanks Vydious!

Samsung Galaxy Note8 64 GB (SM-N950U)
    Android 9.0

Happens on both LTE Data and WiFi. Checked phone RAM and currently have 2.8 GB available while running the game, and about 10.2 GB of CPU Storage available.

If we can get this fixed, that'd be AWESOME - this glitch has caused me to miss the window a few times on 5* Shards and Bot Chips.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited September 2019
    Seeing it on
    Moto G6 on Android Pie
    UMIDIGI Power on Android Pie

I am running the version of FTF prior to the last Android fiasco via APK on the latter device. I don't think problem existed prior.

Running version prior to current 8.2 update on Moto G6 via Google Play Store.

I suspect problem may be caused on server end and not client end?

Fix is restart the application; quite a nuisance each time it happens.
  • Can y'all keep me posted if this still shows up for you in 8.2? We haven't pushed anything specific for this, but I do want to see if this is still showing on this version.
  • Can y'all keep me posted if this still shows up for you in 8.2? We haven't pushed anything specific for this, but I do want to see if this is still showing on this version.

It just happened a few moments ago on 8.2, it seems to happen after 2 away missions, you click on the next one, it craps out. This was without leaving the game in between missions. Fix was by restarting the game again.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited September 2019
    Here we go again, so frequency is consistent, seems to be after 2-3 away missions. This is the pattern that I have observed regardless of the device.
  • Do you guys have/use some kind of "game mode" on your Android device (silent notifications, disable network for background apps, etc)?

I have the feeling that, plus the android doze mode, might be part of the problem.
    I'll test without for a while a let you know.
  • @TheBeastInside, not that I am aware of. Happens on 4 different devices with at least 2-3 versions of Android. Please let us know what you find. :)
  • I won't continue the test... First mission after i disabled "game mode" was a failure loading the bot selection screen...
  • Yep still happens just like before. iPhone XS Max, 12.4
  • It is still happening on:
    Moto G6
    UMIDIGI Power

Two other tablets.

All devices running current version of the game.
  • Doesn't happen on Samsung Note9+ Note10+ samsung galaxy S8+ or S10+
  • Happening on iPhone XS
  • Doesn't happen on Samsung Note9+ Note10+ samsung galaxy S8+ or S10+

Look up someone reported issue for S8+.