Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Grindor is getting an Upgrade!

Greetings, Commanders!

On October 3, Grindor will be available in the Store for Bot Chips as one of October's Featured Bots!

This killer copter has high defense, but now has higher damage from his Signature Ability and the ability to temporarily disable his opponent's Special Attacks!

The following changes go live October 2nd at 10AM PDT!

• Increased damage of Perforate, Grindor's Signature Ability.
• Special Attack 1 has a chance to disable the opponent's Special 2 and 3 for a limited time.
• Special Attack 2 has a chance to disable the opponent's 3 for a limited time.
• Special Attack 3 will disable the opponent's Special 2 and Special 3 for a limited time.
• Special Attack 3 will apply a permanent Crit Rate Down debuff to the opponent.

Comments

• PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    icobvkcw0kxp.png
  • HOLY---!
  • Nice job on Grindor!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Luckily i have him duped 😁
  • Fantastic. Grindor was a recent 5* pull and I was quite disappointed. Hopefully this’ll amp up his use a ton.

Looking good from what I can see though!!!!

Need to ask though. Is the permanent crit rate debuff stackable?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Grindor my friend, you're about to be worth the wait...
    So October has Grindor and who @Kabam Miike ?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Kabam Vydious wrote: »
    The bots this month are Grindor, Hot Rod, and Megatron (ROTF)!
  • Man, I expected a Buff, but this is great! Special Denial is really interesting for a Brawler, but it makes a lot of sense.

However, can we get a specific number on the damage of his Buffed Sig?
  • Grindor was already a really underrated bot but this really makes him better.
    Nightpath wrote: »
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Kabam Vydious wrote: »
    The bots this month are Grindor, Hot Rod, and Megatron (ROTF)!

Oh, so is Scorpinock not happening ever?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @Kabam Vydious any chance his Outlaw Synergy could be reworked with these new changes going into effect? Having a 100% chance to inflict Power Lock for 12 seconds when hitting with the first heavy seems pretty superfluous.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious any chance his Outlaw Synergy could be reworked with these new changes going into effect? Having a 100% chance to inflict Power Lock for 12 seconds when hitting with the first heavy seems pretty superfluous.

Nah, it only affects the 1st heavy. It is just another way to control the opponent’s specials.
  • Grindor was already a really underrated bot but this really makes him better.

Absolutely underrated as a general fighter, but many bring a brawler for purification purposes. That’s what grindor’s Been lacking, but a great update nonetheless. It keeps him relevant
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    My duped 5* Grindor is happy :)

AvPAMv.gif

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Raptor22 wrote: »

AvPAMv.gif

Got eem
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    If you have a 5* Grindor and a 5* Brawler Signature Awakening you've been waiting to use (because your other 5* Brawlers are already duped), give me a hell yeah.

HELL YEAH!!
    Synthwave wrote: »

No please. Having that Power Lock is fine; gives them a small window to gain more power than the opponent at the start of the match. Additionally, synergize this... well, synergy, with the New and Improved Grindor's abilities could potentially make him great for Power Control.

And it's a good alternative to Barry's Power Steal.
    Raptor22 wrote: »

AvPAMv.gif

I'm not sure he's too happy after getting his face torn in half.
  • Now I know what to do with my 350,000 bot chips. Nice upgrade.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    Now I know what to do with my 350,000 bot chips. Nice upgrade.

Not buy Grindor?
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited October 2019
    YES!!! I couldn't be happier!!! My Strongest Brawler is now gonna be my Best Brawler!!!
  • Finally! He gets the buff he deserves
    I remember a time when all I got from 5* crystals were mv Megatron and Grindor.
    So now they're featured bots I'm sure as hell not getting them now 😁...😂...😭
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    This is already my favorite bot upgrade/buff. Bout to R5 my 5* Grindor and take him off base defense.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I suppose that crit rate down debuff can be exo filtered or cracker purified?
  • I suppose that crit rate down debuff can be exo filtered or cracker purified?

dspmpbl54g77.png
    Crackers can't purify.

dspmpbl54g77.png
    Crackers can't purify.
    ollkvtmxdw4v.png
    But he can.

dspmpbl54g77.png
    Crackers can't purify.
    ollkvtmxdw4v.png
    But he can.

Oh yeah, forgot about his Sig. Whoops! :#
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited October 2019
    Mfw I forged him a few days ago into my MV1.

In all seriousness though, this is a game changer. Not only can he now increase his Attack rating more, he can also do so without worrying about those pesky Specials. This is absolutely perfect.