Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam Forced Update with Known Bugs (iOS)

Why did the game team force update a bugged version of the game for iOS users? After seeing all the reported bugs (eg. Synergies and abilities not working, enemy blocking ranged heavy attacks, and game modes crashing, etc.), I purposely kept one of my iOS devices on software Version 12.4 which allowed TFTF Version 8.2 to remain on the legacy build (see top image in the attached photo).

There were known bugs and one way to avoid those bugs was to maintain legacy software. I had no problems with the game until I was forced to update this morning. I was on 8.2 with Act 4 and revised store. Things worked fine. Not so much any more. Please provide a solution for users to reinstall 8.2 version 914544.

Comments

• In order for players to experience all of the new content that is available, we need them to be on the newest version of the Game. This might not be a concern for all, but on the back end, the more versions of the game that we have to support, the worse stability of our Servers and game are. To give all players the best experience, we have to force update all users to a singular version sooner rather than later.

We are working to fix these bugs, but they were not "game breaking" enough for us to warrant holding out or reverting the version. There are fixes for issues with abilities and the health bar on the way, and we're anticipating less crashes as well, though this is not specific to either iOS or Android.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    In order for players to experience all of the new content that is available, we need them to be on the newest version of the Game. This might not be a concern for all, but on the back end, the more versions of the game that we have to support, the worse stability of our Servers and game are. To give all players the best experience, we have to force update all users to a singular version sooner rather than later.

We are working to fix these bugs, but they were not "game breaking" enough for us to warrant holding out or reverting the version. There are fixes for issues with abilities and the health bar on the way, and we're anticipating less crashes as well, though this is not specific to either iOS or Android.

Thanks @Kabam Vydious - solid reply here. I feel better already.