Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

8.2.0 is a very bad version, and here's why...

After I updated to 8.2.0 my game started crashing a lot, but luckily the crashes happened after the fights or before, but I see a lot of other people saying their game is getting low fps, and lots of lag and crashes like me , i crash even when I'm in global,alliance or private chat, so Kabam please help, also if your a player experiencing these issues or other issues please share it with me, or if you found a way out of these issues.

Thanks, Best of Luck
TvTLK

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited October 2019
    TvTLK wrote: »
    After I updated to 8.2.0 my game started crashing a lot, but luckily the crashes happened after the fights or before, but I see a lot of other people saying their game is getting low fps, and lots of lag and crashes like me , i crash even when I'm in global,alliance or private chat, so Kabam please help, also if your a player experiencing these issues or other issues please share it with me, or if you found a way out of these issues.

Thanks, Best of Luck
    TvTLK

This probably isn’t something you want to hear or accept, but the problems above are not new. I want to be clear that this is a double edged sword. It’s not all on Kabam by any means. Your device matters.

My genuine advice if you want to enjoy this game is to invest into a more powerful device. iPhone X/XS/11, iPad Mini Gen 5 or newer, or and android phone/tablet with at least 4GB of RAM.

Best of luck. There are fairly affordable alternatives out there.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Emz1iOv6
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Thanks, Best of Luck
    TvTLK

This probably isn’t something you want to hear or accept, but the problems above are not new. I want to be clear that this is a double edged sword. It’s not all on Kabam by any means. Your device matters.

My genuine advice if you want to enjoy this game is to invest into a more powerful device. iPhone X/XS/11, iPad Mini Gen 5 or newer, or and android phone/tablet with at least 4GB of RAM.

I have a Galaxy S8 for more than 2 years now.. (4 GB RAM) and I have game freezing, lagging, graphic glitch problems since I have the device. When I bought the phobe it was a flagship model but the game crashed and freezed a lot.. The freezing is still a problem and with every game update the amount of problems are changing, so It's not the device.
    This new update bring back the freezing on an annoying lvl again.. Now I have serious game freezes in AM and against Master spotlight final boss.. Unacceptable.... I don't want to use energon for revives just because of the game freezing and lagging..

I remember when there was a memory leak problem, it was not the device too..
    Other thing: when I started to play the game I had a Huawei P8 lite.. the graphics was awful but there was no freezing....

Do something with it Kabam, I'm sure Im not the only one who has this freezing problems. It's on a really annoying level.... ...again...
    So then go back to the Huawei P8 then. Like you said, no freezing which means the device matters. I never said it was only the device, I said it is a combination of both the game build and device. Control what you can is the point I am trying to make. @BonesetterHUN
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    So then go back to the Huawei P8 then. Like you said, no freezing which means the device matters. I never said it was only the device, I said it is a combination of both the game build and device. Control what you can is the point I am trying to make. @BonesetterHUN

Or buy an iPhone X (what you mentioned) for almost 1000 € just because one specific game is freezing like hell on every device what is not an apple stuff 👍👍 (Let me guess: you have apple device right? :) )
  • I just hope you are not serious about the device change.. If an application can be downloadable from the game store and can't run on a device... Please don't tell me It's the device problem. Why is the game downloadable for a device what is not be able to run it properly? And other thing: last month I don't have freezing problems but after the update I have it again.. so it cannot be the device..
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Or buy an iPhone X (what you mentioned) for almost 1000 € just because one specific game is freezing like hell on every device what is not an apple stuff 👍👍 (Let me guess: you have apple device right? :) )

I have 5 devices (iOS and Android) that all run this game with varying levels of success and issues. Your still missing my point it seems. I’m not defending Kabam nor am I saying you should HAVE to obtain a specific device. Just offering up an alternative for someone who views this game as entertainment and can accept that may include placing value on said entertainment.
    I just hope you are not serious about the device change.. If an application can be downloadable from the game store and can't run on a device... Please don't tell me It's the device problem. Why is the game downloadable for a device what is not be able to run it properly? And other thing: last month I don't have freezing problems but after the update I have it again.. so it cannot be the device..

It is downloadable because it technically can work. That is the intent of introducing any software to be used with hardware. For every case where a device works poorly, there is a case where it works fine. Think about cloud based software for a moment. Virtually all of them experience some sort of issue across different devices and internet browsers. They can’t make it perfect. It’s just not reality.

I get it though. This is a game. We are used to games working on their respective platforms. But would you expect to jam a Sega Genesis cartridge into a Super Nintendo slot? Nope, you just had different hardware to support different software.

All this to say for less than $50 USD you can find a solution that matters because it allows you to spend hours doing something you enjoy.

Again, I’m not absolving Kabam of culpability here.
  • Rtx76Rtx76 Posts: 6
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Thanks, Best of Luck
    TvTLK

I'm playing on a galaxy s10 plus and I have alot of issues! Lol
  • 8.2.x is by far the worst release. It was fine on my UMIDIGI Power (on Android Pie) until 8.2.x was released. Now it has serious input lag to no input response (not even the pause button) and the picture issue. At the moment, I have uninstalled the game.

Yes, there are many variants of Android (Nougat, Oreo, Pie, etc...) and many hardware variants to account for. Apple on the other hand is a closed wall garden / sandbox; any iPhone or iPad is considered to be an overpriced toy.
  • I_am_awesomeI_am_awesome Posts: 83
    edited October 2019
    After every three to four fights, the app crashes or freezes in between....when I start a fight and the app freezes I lose 50 percent of the health...also, during the middle of the fight, it stops for a second and then continues which breaks the rhythm of the fight.....The most annoying thing is accidental dash and failed melee attacks....it's too freaking hard to play against cheetor and bee in the master if these things happen all the time...
    edited October 2019
    Crash Report: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSczBsjnQDi65dailwz655EzIGffn5qkbZCziL8WBKqh-B6Nuw/viewform

I would separate the crashing issue from the in game fight bugs. @I_am_awesome
  • Here as well. No fps drops or crashes after a fight ended, but selecting a fight in raid or spotlight makes the game crash often.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    You shouldn't have to buy a new phone to play the game thats stupid & poor from Kabam. 2 year old smartphones should be able to handle the game.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    If only they'd stop adding bugs that older phones can't handle. They could save so much time, effort, and money if they'd just work on new content and stop programming new bugs.