Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

13 3*-5* crystals or one 5* crystal?

Hello!
So, I've managed to gather another 20k generation chips after grinding in the arenas and was wondering what to buy. I know that a 5* crystal is a much safer option, but with those 3-5 star generation crystals I could have the rare chance of getting more than one 5 star bot...
So what should I buy?

13 3*-5* crystals or one 5* crystal? 38 votes

13 generations (3 to 5 star) crystals
15% 6 votes
A five star generations crystal
84% 32 votes

Comments

• GrooGroo Posts: 163
    Go for the 5*
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Unless you really want thirteen 3* bots, take the 5*.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    FYI, this morning I popped all my remaining 12K chips through 8 crystals and got exactly 8 three stars. Like if I had another choice....
  • 1.5% chance to 5 star × 13 is still just 16,5% chance..

Absolutely go for the 5 star, the 3-5 crystals are made for those who couldn't be collect enough crystals, lower lvl or no time to play
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Buy 13 of those crystals since you must really want 1300 4* shards
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    1.5% chance to 5 star × 13 is still just 16,5% chance..

Absolutely go for the 5 star, the 3-5 crystals are made for those who couldn't be collect enough crystals, lower lvl or no time to play

This is not how probability works.

It's a 1.5% chance per individual crystal, it does not increase to 16.5% just because you buy them all at once.

Learn to math.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Buy 13 of those crystals since you must really want 1300 4* shards

^^ THIS.

At the start of the Generations Arenas week, I nearly had enough chips for a 5* Generation Crystal. So, I saved up and got the 5* Crystal... and duped one of my 5*s (I think it was Jazz or Bludgeon?). Since then, I only earned enough chips for 6 of the regular 3-5* Generations Crystals. I spun them last night. Guess what happened? 6 3*s.
  • I had 3-4 x 3* and 2 x 4* in the 5-6 I got. There was always the trade off.
  • I got 5 and got: 4 3* bots and 1 5* bot
  • Okay then, I listened to all of you (and my better judgement) and popped one of them...
    xokypp0zgdq2.png
    Not bad, but I wish I got him yesterday!
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Okay then, I listened to all of you (and my better judgement) and popped one of them...
    xokypp0zgdq2.png

1y5rj9agwmih.jpeg
    I'm a lucky sod, but I figured I wouldn't get another 5* crystal and had some chips left over and thought "YOLO"
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Okay then, I listened to all of you (and my better judgement) and popped one of them...
    xokypp0zgdq2.png

1y5rj9agwmih.jpeg
    I'm a lucky sod, but I figured I wouldn't get another 5* crystal and had some chips left over and thought "YOLO"

Hight respect the use of the word "sod"
  • I did the multiple and got a 5* Ratchet. Not my first choice but not my last.