Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Motormaster Unstoppable Bug

JKLJKL Posts: 997
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
In AMs (and possibly other modes), Motor goes unstoppable mid combo when he should only be doing this while dashing in. It's happened to quite a few players already. When it happened to me, I was against the wall. Wall dodged his first two attacks, dodged his third and went to counter. He went unstoppable so countered me instead. It wasn't just a visual bug.

I've linked a video showing he clearly wasn't doing a dash. Can you please look into this?

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Can we please look into this @Kabam Vydious ? Here is some more evidence.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Oh look, yet another AI bug. Add this to the long list of cheating bots.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited July 2019
    Thanks man for taking the time and draining your battery hard to catch such issues....

I already stopped recording videos 24/7 hoping to catch that bug I see. Who cares if rhinox misses his heavy so much and get dumped hard....

I wasted a few month to forge into a rhinox that turns out to be useless...

Just have to focus on the positive that if a bug exist, every player ever alliance has to deal with it, u just have to deal with it better than everyone else.......

hoping Kabam would do fix an issue soon is like hoping there would be cure for cancer.

I still have to kill my app multiple times a day cuz command center mission would sometimes render whole screen unclickable.....

And watching this video every time makes me wanna drop my phone. Someone may argue AI can do anything when a block happens and I shouldn’t continue press button for second hit, but I would argue, there is no reason to shoot and start melee when opponent bot didn’t even move
    https://youtu.be/1kYk2vkwC7w
  • Ramjet special 2 is not hitting the enemy if the last hit is a middle (swipe) input. The last hit tosses the enemy back a little, and they can block the first hit of special , dodge the missiles, and counter easily.. happens a lot.. I will try to capture it soon if It's needed.. :) (I think primal has the same problem with special 2)
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Ramjet special 2 is not hitting the enemy if the last hit is a middle (swipe) input. The last hit tosses the enemy back a little, and they can block the first hit of special , dodge the missiles, and counter easily.. happens a lot.. I will try to capture it soon if It's needed.. :) (I think primal has the same problem with special 2)

Ramjet will miss his 2 sometimes even with a full light combo.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Red_Eyes @Beastdad @DrShotgun have any of you realized that CYCLONUS loves missing his SP1 when dark field pulses, lately?
    It was like that when he was first released, than they seemed to remedy the issue; but now i DIE when taking on R5 5* Brawlers thanks to the reemergence of said issue.

His dark field actually pushes the enemy ACROSS the entire field, guaranteeing his sword attack misses.

NICE
    edited August 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Red_Eyes @Beastdad @DrShotgun have any of you realized that CYCLONUS loves missing his SP1 when dark field pulses, lately?
    It was like that when he was first released, than they seemed to remedy the issue; but now i DIE when taking on R5 5* Brawlers thanks to the reemergence of said issue.

His dark field actually pushes the enemy ACROSS the entire field, guaranteeing his sword attack misses.

NICE

I don't use him a lot so I can't really speak to the recent frequency of that issue but I am definitely familiar with the issue you are describing.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited August 2019
    I've never noticed it. When I used Cyclonus I normally use the sp2.
    d7y2gotz1oeo.gif

@Kabam Vydious this isn't right. That can't be considered a dash.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Please fix this.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    It’s the fight physics bug that bothers me the most.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    This happens when you fight Cheetor too. This “incomplete dash” issue is really annoying
    edited October 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    d7y2gotz1oeo.gif

If that was Ramjet trying to do a heavy he would have been stopped dead in his tracks. For some reason he doesn't go Unstoppable immediately like Motormaster.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    d7y2gotz1oeo.gif

If that was Ramjet trying to do a heavy he would have been stopped dead in his tracks. For some reason he doesn't go Unstoppable immediately like Motormaster.

Oh yeah that's another annoying thing..
    but maybe It's because you can interrupt other bot's heavies too if you hit them early (maybe the unstoppable effect triggering when he is go forward... which is maybe understandable)

Motormaster go unstoppable with a dash not with a heavy, every heavy can be interrupted so.. I hate to say but maybe It's okay with Ramjet
    edited October 2019
    d7y2gotz1oeo.gif

but maybe It's because you can interrupt other bot's heavies too if you hit them early (maybe the unstoppable effect triggering when he is go forward... which is maybe understandable)

Motormaster go unstoppable with a dash not with a heavy, every heavy can be interrupted so.. I hate to say but maybe It's okay with Ramjet

Lol, but Ramjet is supposed to have "Unstoppable" with his heavy. Even his description says he shrugs off the impact of opponent attacks with his heavy. If they don't care to fix it they could at least change the description so it's honest and accurate.

wfwb8u6qf9bj.jpg

You can interrupt the dashes of all bots who don't have Unstoppable so does that mean that Motormaster's dash should be able to be interrupted as well?
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    d7y2gotz1oeo.gif

Lol, but Ramjet is supposed to have "Unstoppable" with his heavy. Even his description says he shrugs off the impact of opponent attacks with his heavy. If they don't care to fix it they could at least change the description so it's honest and accurate.

wfwb8u6qf9bj.jpg

You can interrupt the dashes of all bots who don't have Unstoppable so does that mean that Motormaster's dash should be able to be interrupted as well?

While dashing, you immediately start the attack what can do damage but every bot's heavy doing damage just when going forward.. There is a winding up backward move before the damaging phase.. ground vechicles drift backward before go forward, jets do the same, ranged heavies transforming at the beggining, do a little charge and shoot. There is a tiny gap in every heavy when you can interrupt it.. It's different from dashing animation......

....But.. while I wrote this reply to you I changed my mind and I admit that you are right :)
    Because no point that we call "unstoppable" Ramjet's heavy if it's just unstoppable for that phase when other's heavies are unstoppable too (after the intterruptable gap).. :)

So you are right! 🤜🤛
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    #kabamphysics B)
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Dunno about you guys, but while fighting Motormaster with Cyclonus he dashed me and dark pulse didn't trigger.
    It wasn't close quarters or anything, it was an across the arena
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Dunno about you guys, but while fighting Motormaster with Cyclonus he dashed me and dark pulse didn't trigger.
    It wasn't close quarters or anything, it was an across the arena

That happens all the time too. Ran into that many times even back in the old AS map.

Someone I know submitted a ticket with accompanying video of said incident. Kabam support said that they haven’t had too many reports of it so it was probably an isolated incident. 🙄 I guess we need to open more tickets with that issue.

I had some video of it happening to me, but I can’t find it anymore. Maybe I’ll start bringing Cyclonus to AM again once I max him out.
    3acuy00p9ym7.gif

Need more video evidence? Motor didn't even move an inch this time. He went unstoppable and I went KO.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I think he dashed at the moment your heavy was at its furthest point away from him, so, playing devil's advocate here, I believe that was a legit unstoppable. It's hard to tell with dropped frames, though.
    I think he dashed at the moment your heavy was at its furthest point away from him, so, playing devil's advocate here, I believe that was a legit unstoppable. It's hard to tell with dropped frames, though.

He didn't move at all.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Difficult to tell when the unstoppable ring appears on that one. Did OG's bumper connect first or did the ring go first?

Hard to tell from the replay, Cotton. That said, it does suck when it happens.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    The tie always goes to Kabam.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Difficult to tell when the unstoppable ring appears on that one. Did OG's bumper connect first or did the ring go first?

Hard to tell from the replay, Cotton. That said, it does suck when it happens.

zexchowlwuzb.jpg

Hard to tell even in super slow mo but if we are going down to frame by frame, players are screwed. Window shouldn't be that close but we've had that discussion already. Item up!
    Here is one of Motormaster getting unstoppable even before his heavy animation finished.

c1ul77a42kb0.gif

Here’s a frame by frame. You can see he’s still spinning out when the unstoppable ring appears.

sd4i880cc9gi.jpeg

That ranged should have hit him before unstoppable and let me get my combo in.
  • You will get a reply in about 2 months guys so just set a reminder in your calendar kabam clearly don't want to invest in any forum staff poor @Kabam Vydious seems to be the only mod that answers all the threads when not unwell. I guess the other names are all ghosts or fully occupied with the million dollar earner MCOC