Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Can we have Skins?!

GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike We have GOT to have these Shattered Glass Skins! I have to admit, they look pretty cool. Can we have the option to change skins by the end of the year?
japjrs9l97ls.png

Comments

• Hey maybe if we get lucky they will even have their shattered glass paint jobs! Like Starscream sporting Jetfire's colors and Megatron with his black and blue.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Ratchet looks disturbing here...like a dead doll that's head is about to start spinning.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    This is a brilliant idea! Yes please!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    No... No skins. New skins are Kabam’s only way of releasing something that’s like a new bot. If you change it so that make skins are available and they just change the appearance of an existing bot, then we won’t be getting anything new.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    New bots are certainly better but if they have budget limit and some easy-to-implement skins sell well, they may save the game.
  • Skins are an interesting idea.
    New characters though would be better though.

Like (War for Cybertron), it would be cool to create your own character perhaps online then upload it to the game.
  • This is awesome awesome idea. Taking off my digital hat...
    Team Kabam, technically that's not so hard to create SG skins for some bots and drop them into the game. Treat your permanent players of your project please :^)
  • Skins that AREN'T a different bot would be doable though. Like, for instance, G2 versions or (arguably) Shattered Glass. Lots of same-character redecos out there.
  • Skins that AREN'T a different bot would be doable though. Like, for instance, G2 versions or (arguably) Shattered Glass. Lots of same-character redecos out there.

I 100% agree, if skins are added they need to be the same named bot. G2, shattered glass, non hasbro colors(i.e diaclone, shackwave), giving g1 bot their movie color and vice versa, movie bots getting toy repaint (i.e off road ironhide, stealth bumblebee, nightwatch mv1) and finally burning convoy.
  • IUpon looking at the evil Ratchet, I could imagine him being the Transformers version of the Re-Animator.
    Anyone get what I'm referring to?
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    IUpon looking at the evil Ratchet, I could imagine him being the Transformers version of the Re-Animator.

Yeah, the horror movie and one of my personal favorites.
  • Yes. Yes, and also. HECK YESSSSSSS!!!3pyb2q7rxh1g.jpg
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Am I the only one who wishes we had Evil Genius Grimlock rather than Wheeljack?

I wanted to see Grimlock say smart stuff!!
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wishes we had Evil Genius Grimlock rather than Wheeljack?

I wanted to see Grimlock say smart stuff!!

Yesssssss. It must be done. HES TOO AWESOME NOT TO BE INCLUDED
    nrtt2fqm5nv0.jpg
    That, and that paint job!!! ITS TOO COOL.
  • GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    IUpon looking at the evil Ratchet, I could imagine him being the Transformers version of the Re-Animator.

Always loved horror movies.

But, what I'm truley, truly referring to is the fact that The Re-Animator himself (Jeffrey Combs) voiced Ratchet in TF Prime!
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »

Always loved horror movies.

But, what I'm truley, truly referring to is the fact that The Re-Animator himself (Jeffrey Combs) voiced Ratchet in TF Prime!

Wow! I did not know that. Thank you for that little fun fact.
    Well the depiction of 'evil' looks good but the 'good' Megs and Screamer look like... zombies. These ain't Marcelo's art I'm sure.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    A lot of the featured bots here are really not that different in their SG colors. But these four stand out a bit, so I gave it a go.
    affipxx4mphe.png

Amazing! Definitely saved
  • dr6p08h73dlf.png
    I got the short end of the stick. I can't even see them! >:( but yeah, skins would be great.
  • A lot of the featured bots here are really not that different in their SG colors. But these four stand out a bit, so I gave it a go.
    affipxx4mphe.png

Awesome man! Excellent job!!!
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited October 2019
    What will it be used for ?
    Would you pay for a skin ? How much?
  • What will it be used for ?

Cosmetics
    70-ish energon?

Cosmetics
    70-ish energon?

Other games have some neat ideas of skins beyond cosmetics. At the minimum, they boost your bots (+5% health, atk, etc). And there's a whole system around skins (skin shards, skin crystals, skin update, skin merge, exclusive skins....)
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70

Cosmetics
    70-ish energon?

Other games have some neat ideas of skins beyond cosmetics. At the minimum, they boost your bots (+5% health, atk, etc). And there's a whole system around skins (skin shards, skin crystals, skin update, skin merge, exclusive skins....)

Skin cream....
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Dragma wrote: »

Cosmetics
    70-ish energon?

Skin cream....

It puts the lotion on its skin.
  • New bots needed not stupid skins.. I don't care if Ratchet has red or green line on his shoulder if he is just a basic Ratchet...
    Transformers toys are already made, animated robots are already designed.... You cannot change the colour because these bots are based on real products..
  • Dragma wrote: »

Cosmetics
    70-ish energon?

Skin cream....

It puts the lotion on its skin.

Or else it gets the hose again!