Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

It's time to fix the Galvatron S2/will of Unicron bug

This is a bug that has existed for a very long time, and it happens wayyyy too often during the Galvatron miniboss fight to ignore it any longer.

Galvatron often instantly triggers will of Unicron after his S2 is dodged and he does it without charging to 30 dark energy.

It makes fighting him extremely difficult, especially if you rush in for a counterattack only to get your face smashed because you didn't expect unstoppable after his S2.

Nowhere in the description does it state he has a chance to trigger will of Unicron after firing S2.

It has to be some kind of bug where block is being held during the S2 animation, resulting in the system treating it like full dark energy by the time it completes.

This simply shouldn't happen, and it needs to fixed, pronto.

Comments

• Cyonker1Cyonker1 Posts: 6
    Yep happens all the time. I thought I missed something. Wish it did for my galvatron when I use him.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Maybe it's like a refresh? Not necessarily a bug but a feature
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Maybe it's like a refresh? Not necessarily a bug but a feature

Fine, if it were to consistently happen for US, too. And no, he's not on some mod or node, happens during arenas, as well.
    I have a Sig 95 Galvatron, and does it happen?
    Does it squat.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    edited May 2019
    It’s not really a bug. If uses s2 with 30 charges it will trigger if you avoid the ranged hit. It’s not random and would seemingly be designed this way.

If you block his s2 it doesn’t trigger. Typically a player doesn’t miss specials but I’ve had it happen when, for example, Arcee triggers her ranged evade.

It seems like it’s designed that way but another example of it not being in his description which has happened on many bots.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2019
    Well that makes sense.

An unintended side effect of the 30 dark energy charges restarting the timer on S2.

At least the dev team knows what the cause is and can work on it.

To me, the solution is simple.

When S2 finishes, all dark energy charges are wiped out to 0 whether it lands or not.

Thus eliminating the bug triggering will of Unicron again
  • I'll bring this up and see what I can find out for you. Definitely want to get this looked at.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I'll bring this up and see what I can find out for you. Definitely want to get this looked at.

@Kabam Vydious was a change to the s2 pushed because it did not seem to trigger the way it has and this is actually something I want to confirm because it changes the strategy to counter attack.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    kranders wrote: »
    I'll bring this up and see what I can find out for you. Definitely want to get this looked at.

@Kabam Vydious was a change to the s2 pushed because it did not seem to trigger the way it has and this is actually something I want to confirm because it changes the strategy to counter attack.

I can confirm it didn't change, lol. Dodged an sp2, went in to counter and got nailed.
    @Kabam Vydious

Any chance we might see this fixed with the eventual release of the android patch?
  • Playing in top3 and i can say this Galvatron made my life like hell... His sig is not much higher still he trigger unicorn very frequently and now I know one reason behind his frequent sig activation... A very good finding indeed
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2019
    @Kabam Vydious any update to this? This bug proc on me three times because Gal decided to be stingy with his sp1 in the AM today. This didn't include the other will of unicron he gained. It was a miserable fight.
  • Oh man I was wondering if that was intentional or not (I guess it's because the SP2 treats the dark-energy hold during the animation as a big refresh, and if it misses/doesn't proc it can sometimes act as a new charge?). The amount of times this has gotten me decked in AM is unfortunately high
    Oh man I was wondering if that was intentional or not (I guess it's because the SP2 treats the dark-energy hold during the animation as a big refresh, and if it misses/doesn't proc it can sometimes act as a new charge?). The amount of times this has gotten me decked in AM is unfortunately high

even if we go with this theory of a new charge, it's still a bug because if you dodge the 1st attack, it's 100% that he will get W.O.U and go unstoppable. Yeah, you spend all your time bait and dodging only for his to go unstoppable. He'll usually do an aggressive attack and go back to charging to a SP1, and you're back at square one. horrible
  • See, I feel like this is a part of the game imo, because I was fighting against demo megs with Galvatron, Megatron went unstoppable, dodged the blast from the SP2, but then will of unicorn proc'd, so yeah.
    edited August 2019
    See, I feel like this is a part of the game imo, because I was fighting against demo megs with Galvatron, Megatron went unstoppable, dodged the blast from the SP2, but then will of unicorn proc'd, so yeah.

Fight him at high level in AM, then see how you feel about it. And by high level, I mean anything 100+
  • Manthro wrote: »
    See, I feel like this is a part of the game imo, because I was fighting against demo megs with Galvatron, Megatron went unstoppable, dodged the blast from the SP2, but then will of unicorn proc'd, so yeah.

Fight him at high level in AM, then see how you feel about it. And by high level, I mean anything 100+

Fair point.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Seems yet another example of a bug that's going to be ignored because it's not benefitting players. It's making Kabam money with resources.
    If it were a bug to help, you can bet it would be an 8 hour fix, but I'd say don't expect this to ever change. It's just not in their best interest.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    I think the way to fight this is to shoot him first to make sure he doesn’t trigger unstoppable, then go in

It is not an excuse to not fix the bug
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    So I saw in AM today that this bug still exists. Guess Kabam is too busy with something else.
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    At this point, it’s a feature.
    Way it’s been triggering for me is:
    * Charges to 30
    * Will of Unicron doesn’t trigger
    * Sp2 has a chance to trigger Will of unicron
    * If Will of Unicron did trigger, it doesn’t re-trigger
    * I have it yet to re-trigger if Will of Unicron expires during SP2
    sc00b3 wrote: »
    * Charges to 30

that is not the bug that we're talking about. the bug gives Gal a 100% chance to get WOU when you dodge the first hit of his sp2....and it will reset his WOU if he already has one going into the sp2
  • Voltron wrote: »
    * Charges to 30

that is not the bug that we're talking about. the bug gives Gal a 100% chance to get WOU when you dodge the first hit of his sp2....and it will reset his WOU if he already has one going into the sp2

not 100% my friend. I know this for a fact.
    edited October 2019
    * Charges to 30

If you watch his dark energy charges, you'll see how it works.

When he launches S2 with 30 dark energy charges (with or without WOU active) the dark energy charge timer resets, giving him a secondary chance to trigger Will of Unicron, whether or not it was active.

It's a side effect of when they fixed the issue of dark energy expiring during S2, preventing Galv from landing dark burn.

There is one way to stop it (well.. two actually) but I'm not mentioning it here. Kabam will fix that and not fix the underlying issue, making him even more difficult. The end result could be a gamebreaking Galvatron potential to have WOU active perpetually throughout the entire fight.

It's almost that way right now.