Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Does Cyclonus really rely on his sig?

Hello!
I recently pulled a 5* Cyclonus and I was wondering whether it is worth upgrading him to rank 3 despite being unduped, or if I should just save the sparks for another tactician. I think his dupe only increases his damage in a single aspect, which isn’t a real game changer... And, like most of you, I do suffer from a lack of T4 basics. However ranking him up will benefit my top bots (Tantrum, Tronus and Galvatron) in missions... So does Cyclonus really need his signature ability? Or is he good even without it? I would love to hear your opinions.
j97j5i4qgsqm.png

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    personally think his sig is just a bonus - doesn't grant any new abilities or hinder/further his utility. He can still nullify, still stops unstoppable and still gets the usual buffs/resistances so I would rank him up unduped and class his sig as a bonus.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »
    personally think his sig is just a bonus - doesn't grant any new abilities or hinder/further his utility. He can still nullify, still stops unstoppable and still gets the usual buffs/resistances so I would rank him up unduped and class his sig as a bonus.

I concur.

While his Sig ends up doing substantial damage later on once it gets up above Sig 50, it's just bonus damage. Everything else about the dark field is intact and functional without being awakened.

One of only a handful of bots worth ranking without being awakened.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    His sig is not a must, himself either as a Tact.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    He is still good without it. But if you want to make use of his sig it has to be high level
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    No
  • Doesn’t need his sig at all. As others have said it’s just a bonus.

To be honest, it’s one I’d like to see reworked further down the line. Maybe incorporate something to do with his discipline ability or something as that’s a unique part of his kit. It could be expanded upon further. But as of now, he really doesn’t need it
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah Cyclonus is a monster even unduped. He works basically the same but better duped.
    Great bot.
  • Okay then, I’ll rank him up...
    Manthro wrote: »

Can you name other such bots?
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    Okay then, I’ll rank him up...

Arcee, mv1, wasp, jazz, og meg...

Grindor on the otherhand needs his sig to deal some real dmg
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    MystaJay wrote: »

Arcee and Jazz, yes. OG Megs and Mv1? Not really.
    I think Rhinox and Shockwave fit into that handful.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Shockwave, Jazz, Megatronus, Drift, Optimus Primal, Ratchet, Rhinox, Windblade, Ramjet, Barricade, Jetfire, Galvatron.

All good bots without dupe and I don't think the dupe affects the way they play too much at all.

Og Megs, Og Prime, MV1, Ultra Magnus, Thundercracker, Arcee, Prowl, Dinobot are all good bots without the dupe but really shine with it.

Probably missing a few but my patience ran out
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Anyone that isn’t Motormaster, Grimlock, Starscream or Thundercracker
  • MystaJay wrote: »

Ironhide is good without sig too.. his crit dmg buff and burns are still pretty strong I think
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Barricade is very useful with or without his sig also