Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ratchet or Wheeljack to r5?

I'm leaning Ratchet right now because i have OG Prime and Ironhide already at r5. I like his regen too.

If Wheeljack is better, make the case...

kwul1ukl5bn3.jpg

Ratchet or Wheeljack to r5? 35 votes

Ratchet
34%
JKLGunz0Chuck_CanuckBntyhntr3232_billygovolsBonesetterHUNTechnobotOptimalOptimus_MV1Kittenmac10smg_ToaOfGreenEdwardo76MystaJay 12 votes
Wheeljack
65%
MutantdocCanuck33TsunamiBeastdadKillMasterCAustin555555Mufc14DrShotgunJmdBumblebee254Black_ThoughtJazz444ShinokaizokutomajpSycko5Transformator79DragmaBaRdYaAmNHijacker2531iBK 23 votes

Comments

• Ratchet
    Any of them duped? And if so do you have nano repair?
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2019
    Ratchet
    Ratchet is better. And he makes prime have healing on his heavies when at low health. Wheeljack isn't bad, but Ratchet fits into this team more.
  • Any of them duped? And if so do you have nano repair?

Great question!

Yes. Both are duped at sig level 5. I also have 7 additional signature upgrades to give the one I r5.

No. I do not have the nano repair mastery. In fact, I have zero mastery points on defense.
  • Also, these are 5* bots. Which I why I'm debating.

I only have 1 T4 Tech spark from Fog of War. So the other bot could be a long time before upgrading.

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Ratchet
    Rat fits your team better. Both can do some great shock damage.
  • Wheeljack
    Wheeljack does waaaay more than Ratchet.

Ratchet has Shocks, Stuns, and a Repair/Power Gain when he’s at half health. His Shocks and Stuns are strong but infrequent, and he can’t maintain high health, just low health. And his base stats are so low he can’t take or deal much damage.

Wheeljack has Attack Buffs, Resistance Buffs, Power Rate Buffs, Shocks, Stuns, Power Leaks and Repairs. He does everything except affect Critical chance/damage, Nullify and Evade.

His signature is way better too. You’re guaranteed at least 3 mistakes against high level opponents, more if you have the Repair mastery and use his special 3 enough. Ratchet just has a chance to Undo damage over a few seconds, so a strong multi hit attack like Ironhide or Optimus Primes special 2 can still screw you on the off chance it even works.

Ideally, they’d both be on your team, but if you have to pick one, pick Wheeljack.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited October 2019
    How much do you rely on Ratchet repairs when using Optimus with the current content?
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Wheeljack
    WJ with nano repair. No point without. You are invinsible for 1 minute. Great for those pesky green sharks and any non dot damage bots.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ratchet
    He isn’t
  • I’d go with Jackie, but if you like Ratchet better, then go for it dude
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited October 2019
    Wheeljack
    If you want a Tech for AMs Wheeljack is the man, Ratchet repairs Megatronus too frequently lol 😂
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    Ratchet
    Wheeljack is better bot at his own but with this synergy (Optimus+Ironhide) Ratchet is a must have.. I like him anyways, his repair synergy is game changer. It can save you energon, pricelessin AM fights or Legends of Cybertron maps with Prime..

In this case go for Ratchet of course
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited October 2019
    Ratchet
    I used to be a Ratchet disciple before Nanojack came around and made me a believer that he was the best Tech. Nevertheless, in the AMs I am running, I use the OGP-Ratchet-Ironhide combination and it is nearly unbeatable. Ironhide gets healing at the start of the fight and Optimus gets his healing from Ratchet as well. The two drawbacks to this combo in AMs... Cyclonus in AM Map 2 who can replicate the healing attributes, and, of course, Tronus in AM Map 3. I still beat them but it just makes the final fights that much more tricky.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Ratchet
    Standalone, WJ is better than Rat but like I said before, Rat fits your team much better. Especially giving that healing synergy to OG and a lesser extent IH. Can never go wrong with an all healing team.

Rat can still be quite fun.

• Ratchet
    I gotta say ratchet then...
  • Wheeljack
    Clearly Jackie is better. Thanks to his awakened ability and ability to regen a lot of health and get another shield
    Wheeljack
    Everyone raves about ogp healing with ratchet but it doesn't happen all the time and is not reliable
  • Ratchet
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Everyone raves about ogp healing with ratchet but it doesn't happen all the time and is not reliable

On the contrary, it is reliable. Though it may not happen all the time, it's very useful. Especially on low health. Plus, you wouldn't aim for getting hit anyways.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Ratchet
    Clearly Jackie is better. Thanks to his awakened ability and ability to regen a lot of health and get another shield

Oh, I think a lot of the people voting for Ratchet would agree with you (myself included)... if we were talking who the better bot is individually. The key here is the synergies that Ratchet brings to the table that help OGP and IH. NJ can add armor to OGP, but that's it. Ratchet provides the armor and melee damage boosts to OGP and IH, plus he also provides repair to OGP and IH to help keep both in the fight. That's what makes Ratchet so valuable to upgrade in this situation.

At a certain point, when you have built up your bots, certain synergies become critical to helping you win tough battles. Beast Purification, the Enforcers, the Bay Decepticons, an army of Sharkticons, etc... you put the right combination of bots together with similar PI, the synergies help you go further in the game than without them. I would love to have OGP, IH, and Ratchet as R5 5* Bots (as it is, I have them as R5 4* Bots... and they do pretty well in AMs).
    Wheeljack
    All I can say is that my 5s WJ r4 takes no damage in AM level 60 for 1 minute. He can take on Hotrod, wasp, ogMegs, and other non damage over time bots without going under 75% health. He can take sp2 and 3 to the face and laugh. I have a r4 5s Ratchet and can tell you WJ is much more useful for me especially since I am not perfect and get hit more than once. 10% healing with IH and OgPrime will not save you from a special attack or even a combo at high levels. You are dead.
    bno2k8nnipvb.png
    zenrtayarmz1.png
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Wheeljack
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    All I can say is that my 5s WJ r4 takes no damage in AM level 60 for 1 minute. He can take on Hotrod, wasp, ogMegs, and other non damage over time bots without going under 75% health. He can take sp2 and 3 to the face and laugh. I have a r4 5s Ratchet and can tell you WJ is much more useful for me especially since I am not perfect and get hit more than once. 10% healing with IH and OgPrime will not save you from a special attack or even a combo at high levels. You are dead.
    bno2k8nnipvb.png
    zenrtayarmz1.png

👍 this is an excellent rating feedback, this is what I meant about Ratchet and Wheeljack in the AMs
  • Ratchet
    Technobot wrote: »

Oh, I think a lot of the people voting for Ratchet would agree with you (myself included)... if we were talking who the better bot is individually. The key here is the synergies that Ratchet brings to the table that help OGP and IH. NJ can add armor to OGP, but that's it. Ratchet provides the armor and melee damage boosts to OGP and IH, plus he also provides repair to OGP and IH to help keep both in the fight. That's what makes Ratchet so valuable to upgrade in this situation.

At a certain point, when you have built up your bots, certain synergies become critical to helping you win tough battles. Beast Purification, the Enforcers, the Bay Decepticons, an army of Sharkticons, etc... you put the right combination of bots together with similar PI, the synergies help you go further in the game than without them. I would love to have OGP, IH, and Ratchet as R5 5* Bots (as it is, I have them as R5 4* Bots... and they do pretty well in AMs).

This.
    edited October 2019
    Wheeljack
    Mark I suggest you try WJ with nanorepair mastery before you decide. I have been using Ratchet for 2 years in AM and I finally got WJ. WJ makes it easy with nanorepair taking no damage from Wasp, OGMegatron, MovieMegs, Prowl. I love Ratchet, and I have OGPrime and IH too. Both are good and certainly Ratchet is better for longer fights. But before your decision you have to try nanorepair with WJ because this makes him a god for 1 minute.
    This also makes clearing content in special missions easier because you save so much energon from damage from Sharkticons except the red one. But he makes the green shark easy even if he dodges like crazy and hits you in the face. You also can't get one shotted from strong opponents unless they have damage over time abilities or Relic of Obedience in play.
  • Thank you to everyone who posted a comment!

I fully expected this to be 99% in favor of WJ, so it was nice to see I wasn’t crazy thinking Ratchet. Ratchet has 1/3 of the votes and even had 40% for awhile.

Ultimately, I went with Ratchet. 👍👍

I used to use him a LOT, so I’m efficient using him. Plus, it came down to masteries and synergies. In order to get nano repair I’d have to give up my 5 pts in deep wounds and my 5 pts in stupefy plus more. Which really benefits Windblade who will be my next r5 (unless Megatronus gets released). “Stupefy” also really helps Ratchet’s stuns too, so he blends more with my team that way as well.
  • Ratchet
    93l7r7gepmsw.png

Oh damn I thought you meant 4* XD
  • Ratchet
    93l7r7gepmsw.png

You made the right choice. Good job, ratchet is a good tech. Definitely an underrated bot compared to some other techs.
    Wheeljack
    Congrats, I will eventually r5 my Ratchet, but for now my r4 5s WJ has replaced my Ratchet in AM and in helping clear master missions. Both are good and as long as you are happy there are no bad choices.
    Wheeljack
    Seeing that your next best bot is a maxed 5s OP then Ratchet was always your best choice. tfxtjk39hdrm.png