Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatronus kicked my arse using Life Steal - yet my Megatronus doesn't use Life Steal - why?

DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
So I have a maxed out, 4* awakened and forged Megatronus, and I just fought a maxed out, 4* awakened Megatronus on a 3* Awakened, maxed out Resource Mod.

To start the fight, I used my 4*, maxed out awakened Rinox. Usually he can handle Megatronus, but failed miserably, as did my own Megatronus, as did my last fighter, Grimlock.

My Grimlock is a 5*, maxed level 2, unawakened bot. He was kicking Meg's arse, then Meg pulled a Life Steal from somewhere and destroyed my Grimlock.

I have fought using my own Megatronus many times, and I have never, not once, seen this Life Steal. I have fought against other Megs - no Life Steal. I see that it is listed as a passive ability. Is this awakened after a certain forge or signature level, and if so, which is it, and what is it?

Appreciate your help understanding this.

Also, it would be nice to be able to get more info on a base I am about to raid. I would like to know the details of each bot I would have to fight on a base. It would be nice not to get kicked in the nuts again like this.

Comments

• Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Megatronus can only activate life steal on a special 2 or 3. In order for this to happen, he has to have his relic of preservation active. I believe the special 2 is guaranteed life steal and the special 3 has a chance for it to happen.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    The correct way of using tronus rotation is special 1 special 2 special 2 special 2......
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Also keep in mind that his SP3 only has a chance to Life Steal where as his SP2 is 100% guaranteed.

Like stated above, follow the pattern of SP1 first which will set the sequence for his Relic of Preservation to then land on his SP2 next which will then be guaranteed to Life Steal. Practice it a few times and you’ll see why Tronus is so desirable.
  • Ah I see! So he hits sp1, then the Relic of Preservation kicks in, then I hold for sp2, and on contact he Life Steals. OK, thanks for the info.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It’s listed in his Ability Info, under the Special Attack category. You can check it out if you don’t mind reading those walls of texts.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Its never happened for my maxed out maxed forge 4* thats one of the many reasons why ive stop using him. Only good has a 5* and on mods.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Hbomb76 wrote: »
    Its never happened for my maxed out maxed forge 4* thats one of the many reasons why ive stop using him. Only good has a 5* and on mods.

Wat.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

b1mgnddol0ej.jpg
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Try it differently now (SP1 then SP2) and you’ll see it triggers 100% of the time as the ability in game says.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Lol
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Try it differently now (SP1 then SP2) and you’ll see it triggers 100% of the time as the ability in game says.

Unless they're blocking, in which case it still won't.
  • GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    Also, I'm sure I've noticed that if the first hit on sp2 kills them outright, you don't get the life steal. Although I'm not sure this happens 100% of the time, seems a bit random.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Gungnir wrote: »
    Also, I'm sure I've noticed that if the first hit on sp2 kills them outright, you don't get the life steal. Although I'm not sure this happens 100% of the time, seems a bit random.

It depends. There are two hits with the lightning and the life steal. First the lighting hit (either white or yellow damage numbers), if that KOs the opponent, there will be no life steal. If it doesn’t, then there will be life steal (red numbers) that could KO the opponent.
  • Gungnir wrote: »

It’s the same with ratchets sp2. Although he’ll get the animation for his heal, it doesn’t actually happen. Same with WJ sp3, once a bot has 0% health all other functions like bleed on the winning bot, repair, life steal etc. Won’t work.
  • ik24dc0vt5j4.jpeg

• GungnirGungnir Posts: 81

It’s the same with ratchets sp2. Although he’ll get the animation for his heal, it doesn’t actually happen. Same with WJ sp3, once a bot has 0% health all other functions like bleed on the winning bot, repair, life steal etc. Won’t work.

Agreed, although as Megatronus is actually taking the life of the opponent and adding it to his own I would have thought it would still apply. Evidently the order of the in game code triggers a win state before the life stolen can be added to Megatronus own energy.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Agreed, although as Megatronus is actually taking the life of the opponent and adding it to his own I would have thought it would still apply. Evidently the order of the in game code triggers a win state before the life stolen can be added to Megatronus own energy.

If you KO the bot with the life steal part, you still get the life steal.