Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Energon Price Increase?

Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I always look at the store to make sure I didn't miss any deals and I noticed something of concern this morning. There was a massive price increase for Energon packs in the store. $140 + tax (USD) for 3100 Energon, $70 + tax for 1450 Energon and so on.

This drastic price increase is TOTALLY uncalled for. I enjoyed playing this game and I have spent a decent amount towards this game (check my account) but this is one of the most ridiculous price increases that I have EVER seen in a video game.

I am officially DONE spending ANY money and supporting this game from here on. Congratulations Kabam, you've really outdone yourself this time.

yhxsv21qoepg.png
Tagged:

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Think you somehow switched countries still shows 99 for grim here
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    That looks like Canadian pricing. Prices are still the same for me.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Yep. That's Canadian pricing, I can confirm that's what we've been paying here.

Strange... How did you switch currencies I wonder?
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Don't know, that was on Verizon LTE and this is on wifi...

mfctij5ll9ue.png
  • You forgot to sign out of your Canadian iTunes account. From the App Store.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Have you tried using your Canadian Tire money in the app store yet?
    Never been in the Canadian App Store ; )

sbxylxyjkhvr.png

9ucxebahjwac.png

• That is very odd, but I just checked with the team, and there haven't been any changes to Pricing that I am aware of.

Do you have any other Apps or Games that have in game purchases that you can look at to see if the pricing has changed on them as well? This may be an Apple Account error, but I'd like to be sure. You may also want to try logging out and back in to your iTunes/Apple account.
  • My prices are still the same (in the US here). But instead of listing the deals from left to right cheapest to most expensive, its switched to the above with the most expensive on the left going to the least on the right. Was there any decent reason for this? Or just a transparent marketing gimmick?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Mines been listed grim on left for a long while
  • Weird, mine still puts Grim on the far right.
    That is very odd, but I just checked with the team, and there haven't been any changes to Pricing that I am aware of.

Do you have any other Apps or Games that have in game purchases that you can look at to see if the pricing has changed on them as well? This may be an Apple Account error, but I'd like to be sure. You may also want to try logging out and back in to your iTunes/Apple account.

Without doing a complete wipe of my phone, I've done a uninstall and reinstall of this game twice.

Still seeing this:

4wquyma6kkfd.png

Guess I'll have to wipe.

• Odie21 wrote: »
    That is very odd, but I just checked with the team, and there haven't been any changes to Pricing that I am aware of.

Without doing a complete wipe of my phone, I've done a uninstall and reinstall of this game twice.

Still seeing this:

4wquyma6kkfd.png

Guess I'll have to wipe.

Before doing that, have you tried signing out and back into your Apple account?
  • I once tried to download an app, but it wasn't available in my country's app store, so it automatically changed it to view the app, then all my inapp purchases showed the new country, although I couldn't buy in that currency, if I clicked purchase it reverted to my country's prices, so the system pop up confirm dialogue was different (and the correct country) compared to what the app was showing.
    Odie21 wrote: »

Still seeing this:

4wquyma6kkfd.png

Guess I'll have to wipe.

Before doing that, have you tried signing out and back into your Apple account?

Yup, tried everything I knew of. So, Odie did a reset and all is well. Thank you for your assistance and everyone else as well.