Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raise your voice commander againts the new arena kill 4* shards

2»

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Hey there Commanders!

We completely understand how frustrating it can be to not feel like you've been given the reward you feel you deserve for the work you put into the game. We're glad you all have taken the time to share your feedback, and appreciate just how passionate you all are as Commanders. With that said, I can not promise changes can be made. Our devs are constantly looking into ways that we can improve the game, and the best way to share just what you want is to discuss what your changes can bring to the game.

Discuss ways you'd want to see milestones brought back, share your ideas on how you could impact rate of growth by bringing back 4 star shards, and consider what downsides there are to having people collect too much too quick. Think about it like that, and thoroughly paint your ideas out for us so it helps the devs best understand what exact changes you would want to see, and how they would impact the game.
  • It's really rather simple. Going from "too many shards" to "0 shards". Is not acceptable.
    Maybe 1000 shards = players progress too fast.
    Maybe 1 shard = players progress too slow.

But 0 shards = NO PROGRESS.
  • Dircules wrote: »
    20 crystals, (let's assume 25% chance of 4*, similar to the superior bot crystals), would mean 5 4* upgrades, again similar to 2000 4* shards.

Quick straw poll in my alliance got 4 out of >100 superior sig crystals, WAY WAY WAY less than 25%.
    I've also never seen anywhere close to 25% 4* out of superior bot crystals either, but haven't asked enough people to get a reasonable sample size.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Kabam I understand your platform but it seems the people making the decisions either aren't players or are the ones who get the duped leveled 4* bots right off the bat. The Gap is getting bigger and bigger between the top guys and the mod and low level guys. The game is almost split into 2 totally different games. If you can't promise changes then try and promise compromise. It may have been "easy" to get a 4* before but it's near impossible to level that bot because of the restriction you've put higher level sparks...once again, only the top players get those sparks, growing the gap even more. I can also see Kabam trying to make up for the lack of 4* shards by offering bundles with superior crystals, but hovering around the $50 range for what will basically be a handful of 3*s, it's really doesn't make up for anything.
    So how about a compromise? Bring back milestones, just make them more challenging.
  • Remmie wrote: »
    How about those of us that have an effing life? And jobs. Kids. Like there needs to be more balance. I don't have 6+ hrs a day to play . I play on breaks, at lunch, and after kids go to bed.

I have a full time job, wife, and an 18 month old. I also don't play for 6+ hrs a day, but first thing in the morning, after work, and after kiddo's bed time. Don't really have time to do play during lunch or have breaks when work is busy.

I started after launch (ie wasn't in beta) and wasn't in a power guild when they were giving out "too many T2a's".

Given all that, I still think 200k is laughably small if you're trying at all. With all the giveaways and freebies from spotlights you should have several teams of maxed 3*s and 2*s by now. You should be able to double that without spending more time.

I've spent $0 and have no problem with how rewards for the top 10% and bottom 10% are structured, but the entire middle is broken.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    20 crystals, (let's assume 25% chance of 4*, similar to the superior bot crystals), would mean 5 4* upgrades, again similar to 2000 4* shards.

Quick straw poll in my alliance got 4 out of >100 superior sig crystals, WAY WAY WAY less than 25%.
    I've also never seen anywhere close to 25% 4* out of superior bot crystals either, but haven't asked enough people to get a reasonable sample size.

Yeah I noticed. Disappointing. My superior bot openings are still around 25% 4* though. Just opened 2/3 4*!from the deal after completing expert spotlight.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ludicrous statement

Spoken by one of the top 10 players in the game! Lol!

Not even close.

I never rank higher than 3-4%
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I never rank higher than 3-4%

You missed a golden opportunity to create a poll asking what people thought was your usual arena bracket.

• Hey there Commanders!

We completely understand how frustrating it can be to not feel like you've been given the reward you feel you deserve for the work you put into the game. We're glad you all have taken the time to share your feedback, and appreciate just how passionate you all are as Commanders. With that said, I can not promise changes can be made. Our devs are constantly looking into ways that we can improve the game, and the best way to share just what you want is to discuss what your changes can bring to the game.

Discuss ways you'd want to see milestones brought back, share your ideas on how you could impact rate of growth by bringing back 4 star shards, and consider what downsides there are to having people collect too much too quick. Think about it like that, and thoroughly paint your ideas out for us so it helps the devs best understand what exact changes you would want to see, and how they would impact the game.

I understand where you are coming from and the desire of the developers to keep that golden carrot just out of reach. However with that said I'm not a fan of these changes but finding a way that all players have access to a chance at 4* shards and not just the top players is tough.

Maybe put a new shard crystal as a milestone in the daily arena that has 3* & 4* shards in it, that way everyone still has a shot to add to the shard total without completely taken them away.
  • Between the removal of milestones and the last ranking changes the more casual players have basically no chance at 4* shards and the flow of 3* shards is also heavily reduced keeping them down for much longer.

Example:
    My son plays everyday, and has been since late August. He's level 30 something and has an alliance that consistently does low level map 2 ams.

Up until the last rank changes he could make a little progress and had obtained ~1200 4* shards. After his progession has completely stalled.

The reduction in 3* availability also means he can't obtain shards from the other ways (i.e. raids and spotlight hard exploration) and won't be able to for quite a while.

Removing one of the two real days he has a chance of ranking > 20% is also a big hit.

The feature bot helps, but not being able to get a 4* at even a rate of every two - three months is draining his enthusiasm.

Note: I have let him spend some cash so he's not completey f2p.
  • Is it Kabam intention to reduce players? If there are 100k players, then 2% or 2k will get 900 shards. But if only 10k playing, they give out to 200 people only.

If you think too many getting 4* shards and progress too fast, I have a very simple idea.

Like previously, run 2 Arena in parallel. Example, make it crystal bounty and gold bounty.
    Crystal bounty only awards crystal shards, no gold.

They can't have both at same time. They must decide, either chasing crystal shards only, or gold to upgrade bots, run AM. Chicken or egg.

Or return the 1,2* and 3,4* arena. This makes new players have better progress before moving up, and repurpose the existence of 1,2*.
  • @KingOfPain Totally agree with you on the fact that 200K is really low but the thing is that without milestones people have no idea what to aim for or what to expect. I have fought alongside you in AM and I know how good you are but the game has changed a lot after that and not in favor of mid level players and not at all for new players who have no clue about the .

Earlier we had 650k or so to reach the 400 shards and that was slow but guaranteed growth for regular players. Then there was the Alliance mission reward for a few shards. All the early players have already filled up their team with 4 stars and are talking about getting 20k chips from duping a few of them and stuff like that. Most of the people who comment about people requesting for a few more shards, about dedication and effort are already in a completely different league and are not bothered of the loss of a few 4* shards. I agree that the level they are now is because of the effort they put in at one point but what about the people who are just starting to taste those 4* shards, where is there shot at a 4 star bot.

I agree with KABAM that giving out too much will make the Commanders progress faster than the growth of the game but changing the rules completely and making the 4 star shard untouchable for a normal new player is also not advisable. Because there were Arenas recently when I kept playing again and again till the last second just because I was not sure where I would land when the rank comes out. But when we have milestones then everyone will have a clear picture that 200k is just two milestones so to be at the top we need to cross a very higher level. Much much better than fighting endlessly, honestly feels like KABAM wants everyone to live in the game (I did that this weekend and feels awful)

So coming to my suggestion for KABAM,

Bring back milestones in the arena and help us grow slow and steady. . .give us a strong reason to fight for and planned growth over time.
    To balance the scale, remove the low gold requirement for Arena that you generously gave recently. . .bring that a bit higher but not too much please. Like 3 out of 3 wins means 50% gold back as reward or something close.
    Don't make us feel as though you want us to spend money in the game to move up to the leaders, determination, consistent effort and value for our life outside the game has to be considered.
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    they're effectively a dupe for any bot of your choice (within the relevant class). That's better than duping through a 3* crystal, because it means you can focus all the sig programs on your key bots.

Nope they are a 1/5 dupe. But do think they are now to cheap to obtain if you look what's needed for a crystal dupe.