Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Blaster

It's that time again, Commanders! Another Bot has appeared to join your rosters. Blaster is here to bring the music as loud as possible. Are you ready?

http://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-blaster/
Tagged:

Comments

• AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    I sure am! Looks great
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

Can you offer a little more clarity on a few things?

1. His sp1. It says he gains up to 2 additional amp charges after using an sp1. Is this totally random or is there something influencing the number of additional charges he can gain from using his sp1?

2. His block.

Block

Activates a Shield, reducing incoming Damage by 6~15% while holding Block and for 0.2 seconds once released.
    Blaster’s Shield lasts 50% longer for each Amp Charge on him.

So how is 50% longer calculated? Is it 50% the amount of each new amp charge time? Meaning, 50% of .2 seconds is .1 seconds for a total of .3 seconds for 1 charge and so on and so forth? Would this be an accurate table then or is the math done differently?:

Amp charge 1 - .3 seconds
    Amp charge 2 - .45 seconds
    Amp charge 3 - .675 seconds
    Amp charge 4 - 1.01 seconds
    Amp charge 5 - 1.51 seconds
    Amp charge 6 - 2.27 seconds
    Amp charge 7 - 3.40 seconds
    Amp charge 8 - 5.10 seconds
    Amp charge 9 - 7.65 seconds
    Amp charge 10 - 11.5 seconds

Thanks!
    I would also like to know if the same math applies to Blaster's heavy shock-inducing attack. Is it 20% more shock damage than what the previous charge on him was, like the table above or is it calculated differently?

Thanks!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Is it just me or are the bots getting better and better?
    Makes the core bots look kinda vanilla lately:)
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    G1 Bee did not shock him once. Blasters shield only activates while blocking & it goes away immediately after he releases his block. Even if I heavied him while he was blocking still no shock. It was impossible for Bee to shock him.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    2. His block.

Block

Activates a Shield, reducing incoming Damage by 6~15% while holding Block and for 0.2 seconds once released.
    Blaster’s Shield lasts 50% longer for each Amp Charge on him.

So how is 50% longer calculated? Is it 50% the amount of each new amp charge time? Meaning, 50% of .2 seconds is .1 seconds for a total of .3 seconds for 1 charge and so on and so forth? Would this be an accurate table then or is the math done differently?:

Amp charge 1 - .3 seconds
    Amp charge 2 - .45 seconds
    Amp charge 3 - .675 seconds
    Amp charge 4 - 1.01 seconds
    Amp charge 5 - 1.51 seconds
    Amp charge 6 - 2.27 seconds
    Amp charge 7 - 3.40 seconds
    Amp charge 8 - 5.10 seconds
    Amp charge 9 - 7.65 seconds
    Amp charge 10 - 11.5 seconds

Thanks!

Hey there!

This is off base value, not adjusted/increased.

If it's a 2-second shield, amp charges increase the shield duration by 20%.

Annnnd I'm working on getting answers for everything else to clarify the finer details. ;)
    Jay32 wrote: »
    G1 Bee did not shock him once. Blasters shield only activates while blocking & it goes away immediately after he releases his block. Even if I heavied him while he was blocking still no shock. It was impossible for Bee to shock him.

Seriously? That's, irritating. How many amp charges did you let him gain? If his shield doesn't stay up long, then how do they even consider Bee to be a strong bot against him?
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    I got a video to prove that bee never shocked him. WB absolutely destroys him because of her power failure sp1. I'll send you the video @Synthwave
    Synthwave wrote: »

Annnnd I'm working on getting answers for everything else to clarify the finer details. ;)

Sorry, I'm still not following the math, especially since I think you used the shock damage value of 20% instead of the shield duration time of 50% and also 2 seconds instead of .2 seconds.

So you're saying that no matter how many charges he has, so long as he has at least 1 charge on him it's always going to be 50% of .2 seconds? So it will always be .3 seconds?

Or is it 50% per charge for a cumulative total of 500% at 10 charges, the math then being 500% duration increase from .2 seconds at 10 charges?

Sorry, I suck at math and the current wording in the intel report is difficult to decipher.
    I got a video to prove that bee never shocked him. WB absolutely destroys him because of her power failure sp1. I'll send you the video @Synthwave

This is so disappointing to hear. I was counting on only bringing G1 Bee with the hopes he would just shock Rhinox and Blaster to death with the shield break.
    1. His sp1. It says he gains up to 2 additional amp charges after using an sp1. Is this totally random or is there something influencing the number of additional charges he can gain from using his sp1?

Answer time!

Blaster gains 3 amp charges from that unless he's already near his maximum of 10. If he is at his max he might not be able to gain his full amp charges.
    edited April 2018

Answer time!

Blaster gains 3 amp charges from that unless he's already near his maximum of 10. If he is at his max he might not be able to gain his full amp charges.

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense now.

I still don't understand the shield duration bonus and how it relates to the amp charges though, lol.

EDIT: even if you could just tell me how long his shield will stay up when it has 10 amp charges on it, that would help.

Sorry, I'm still not following the math, especially since I think you used the shock damage value of 20% instead of the shield duration time of 50% and also 2 seconds instead of .2 seconds.

So you're saying that no matter how many charges he has, so long as he has at least 1 charge on him it's always going to be 50% of .2 seconds? So it will always be .3 seconds?

Or is it 50% per charge for a cumulative total of 500% at 10 charges, the math then being 500% duration increase from .2 seconds at 10 charges?

Sorry, I suck at math and the current wording in the intel report is difficult to decipher.

You're correct with this actually!

I had said 20%, but had meant 50%. That was an our bad situation there. :sweat_smile:
    edited April 2018
    So after you let go of block his shield stays up for 1 second longer with 10 amp charges on him.

Harumph. :|

So then I'm guessing he gets 200% more shock damage from his heavies with 10 charges applied.
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118

Damn that’s unfortunate. When I was fighting him I was thinking how I really wish I had G1 Bee.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Awesome 3 star blaster here I come
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

Awesome 4 star blaster here I come
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246

Awesome 5 star blaster here I come
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    TKO wrote: »

Awesome 5 star blaster here I come

Awesome 6 star blaster here I come
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    edited April 2018
    y8w5plt94urn.png
    His capoeira/breakin fight style is nice, Superman punch animation is cool, plays like mirage with his range attacks, interference stacks even on blocking opponents, I won’t go into his synergy since there’s a thread for that already but it could use some tuning, heavy attack shock is just like Soundwave, good bot to have and fun to play with, great addition to the roster, awesome job Kabam.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad we at least see him transform into a ghetto blaster (or boom box if you prefer) with his SP1, unlike Soundwave who doesn't transform into his alt mode.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I'm glad we at least see him transform into a ghetto blaster (or boom box if you prefer) with his heavy, unlike Soundwave who doesn't transform into his alt mode.
    His heavy has no transformation, just a minion jumps out and fires, his sp1 is the transformation
  • The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    He’s pretty sick honestly, stacking interference can absolutely wreck bots who use ranged, and stacking the amp charges can cause some shenanigans with sp2 and 3. Not sure it’s working as intended though, with 11 amp charges that should have brought an enemies attack down by 120%, but I still took damage from attacks?
  • The_53rd wrote: »
    He’s pretty sick honestly, stacking interference can absolutely wreck bots who use ranged, and stacking the amp charges can cause some shenanigans with sp2 and 3. Not sure it’s working as intended though, with 11 amp charges that should have brought an enemies attack down by 120%, but I still took damage from attacks?

I wish Kabam can clear up stat multiplicity or cumulatively in the bot ability formulas.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    I'm glad we at least see him transform into a ghetto blaster (or boom box if you prefer) with his heavy, unlike Soundwave who doesn't transform into his alt mode.
    His heavy has no transformation, just a minion jumps out and fires, his sp1 is the transformation

Yeah, I had some doubts and actually fixed it before I even saw your reply. You jumped right on that one! LOL.
    MaxBebop wrote: »

Yeah, I had some doubts and actually fixed it before I even saw your reply. You jumped right on that one! LOL.

d(o_~) that’s a thumbs up
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    Any chips for duping a 5* bot?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The_53rd wrote: »

It makes me lol that any player thinks kabam would design the amp charges to make him invulnerable. Have a bit of common sense. That would make him completely broken.

They may not be clear on how much each additional amp charge adds to the initial 10%, but they sure as hell aren't going to make it so you can stop 100% damage.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Got mine today. Good bot. Cool noises.
  • The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    Manthro wrote: »
    It makes me lol that any player thinks kabam would design the amp charges to make him invulnerable. Have a bit of common sense. That would make him completely broken.

They may not be clear on how much each additional amp charge adds to the initial 10%, but they sure as hell aren't going to make it so you can stop 100% damage.

“100% chance to inflict an attack debuff reducing the opponents attack rating by 10% for 20 seconds. Blaster inflicts additional attack debuffs for each amp charge on him.” With 10 amp charges he inflicts 12 attack debuffs. 12 x 10 = 120. I mean it’s written there in the game but damn man you’re right, I should just assume everything written in the abilities is wrong.